Brandon Mebane Appreciation Thread

ivotuk

Reaction score
The man just shows up, down in and down out, year in and year out, and plays his ass off.

Because of his position, he's not a high profile player, but to Seahawks fans he's the Heart & Soul of the NFL's #1 Defense 2 years reigning.

Mebane has been a Seahawk for 9 years and we are very fortunate to have him. I remember a few years back when he hit free agency and John Schneider pissed me off by saying "He's a good, steady performer." Say what?! That was one of the rare instances (Clipboard Jesus) where I was upset with JS. But even the CBJ move paid dividends because we ended up with Golden Tate.

But if we had lost Brandon, I would have been hot. Our longest tenured Seahawk toured a few other clubs, but fortunately, as we fans learned later, Mebane told his agent "I want to stay in Seattle." We Seahawks fans owe him a debt of gratitude for that. John Schneider owes him much more.

But the Big Guy tore his "5 pound hamstring" (Pete Carroll's words) and we sorely missed him this season. It's my humble opinion that we would have won the Superbowl had Brandon been available. But he wasn't, and rumors started circulating that Mebane might be cut or have to take a pay cut because of his injury! Foolhardiness I say! Have people not learned their lesson? Have they forgotten the value of this one DT?

It looks like Schneider and Carroll are once again smarter than the rest of the NFL though, because Big Ol' #92 is still here! And I for one want to demonstrate my appreciation for the man, and for the Front Office that has through 'hook or crook' kept him here.

So if you're so inclined, give the big guy a shout on his Twitter: https://twitter.com/Mebane92 and post your love for him here on the Best Damn Seahawks Forum on the face of the planet! :th2thumbs:

Edited ACL to Hamstring "thanks for the heads up. :D

titan3131

Reaction score
really confused about pete carrols comment. Mebane popped his hamstring, never heard anything about a acl.

Krieg's list

Reaction score
Way to give a guy a heart attack. For better or worse, most "Appreciation" threads are started when a team parts ways with a beloved player. So your thread title can be a little misleading, exclusive of the "Branodon" spelling error.

Basis4day

Reaction score
He's still around, but let's see what happens after new Wilson/Wagner deals.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
titan3131":w477ncs6 said:
really confused about pete carrols comment. Mebane popped his hamstring, never heard anything about a acl.

Oops, my mistake. Thanks

grizbob

Reaction score
Isn't this the week we pick players and coaches to throw under the bus? Come on Ivo, we can't be having these positive threads :roll: but seriously :th2thumbs: Here's to Mebane's health :thirishdrinkers:

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Mebane looks like he's in great shape; I fully expect a dominant year from him. Controlling the middle of the field, taking on double teams, shutting down the run, and getting those critical inside pressures that we were missing last year.