BRADY/PATS PUNISHMENT OVER TURNED BY JUDGE. (Updated 9/3/15)

BlueShoe

Reaction score
NWPatsFan":12kbbglg said:
Uncle Si":12kbbglg said:
I thought each team provided the footballs for their own possessions? Surely home-away splits wouldn't matter

Also...this whole thing is stupid.

I agree,

It is also disingenuous for the media to mostly ignore the home/away issue. Especially when folks bring up the Nov. game vs. the Colts this year where supposedly the Patriots were playing with deflated balls. If they were someone should interview the Colts equipment manager and search his cell phone and interview him once, not twice, but 4 times and then complain when the Patriots say enough already when they ask to interview him a 5th time. Come one already.

Let's get the facts straight.

First of all, the patriots brought their own balls to the Indianapolis game. The rule that brady fought for in 2006 made sure of that.

Second, Wells only interviewed McNally "the deflator" once. He was interviewed by the NFL a few times before then. When Wells and his team asked to speak with McNally "the deflator" for a second time, that is when the patriots said no.

You should try reading the report, because it is obvious that you have not. It would probably be a good idea to turn off the local Boston media too, because there are only about two reporters who are not brainwashing you.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
NWPatsFan":uwwcfiao said:
Sgt. Largent":uwwcfiao said:
Hasselbeck":uwwcfiao said:
I have no doubt in my mind Brady is guilty of this, but this feels like the Bill Cosby thing when all kinds of different "victims" started to emerge.

The Colts have no reason to feel victimized, but if you're a fan or player on the Ravens with all the close games they've lost up in Foxboro over the years how could you not feel a little victimized and pissed off?

More grip on a football to pass, run and catch sure as hell doesn't make a difference when you just got your ass kicked by 30, but it sure might if you lost by 4.........and for how many years?

If we found out Brady did this in the SB, I guarantee you this forum would be on fire with fans feeling victimized.

There is no evidence of any balls being deflated. You are just making things up to support your jealousy of the best franchise in the NFL. It is silly to not even know the facts and make these claims.
Ummmmm for 10 millionth time there is a lot of evidence against your cheating QB and cheating team, that's why the golden boy is being suspended for 4 games, you are losing 2 draft picks and your team is being fined a million dollars.

You bring nothing to this board and just repost the same false talking points over and over, with no regards with the facts that are right in front of your face.

You are and have been simply trolling which is a violation. So like your hero Tawmmmy, you have been suspended, but unlike Tawmy, yours is permanent.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well Sports Hernia has Broke his Cherry, I HOPE YOU USED PROTECTION ! :)

chris98251

Reaction score
Also, NWPatsFan where you can no longer post you can read, you are thinking that the NFL is a court of law, it isn't ,circumstances built up probability based on circumstances and evidence collected.

The NFL is a Employer, Tom Brady is a Employee, the Patriots are the Franchise owned by Bob Kraft but Part of the bigger entity the NFL. Just like McDonalds Franchises the Mother company can pull your Franchise and force you out if they so choose, they can fine, they can suspend, they can Perma Ban like what has happened to you.

Why because they hold all the rights for everything New England and its staff, and players do, and can pass judgement on them for conduct that tarnishes the NFL's image and or competitive balance, the Patriots and it's employees did that and more.

Damn it must hurt not to be able to respond, but a Patriot hurting isn't a bad thing right now. You Mad Bro?

TAB420

Reaction score
NWPatsFan":cjp1efeo said:
VivaEfrenHerrera":cjp1efeo said:
Sgt. Largent":cjp1efeo said:
....If Brady and the Pats would have just come clean and said something like "Yes I instructed the equipment managers to lower the pressure as much as possible WITHIN the legal limits, and if that didn't happen I'm sorry and we'll fully cooperate and accept whatever punishment the league sees fit." Then Brady would have only got maybe a one game suspension, and a far less fine for the Pats....
I agree that this is true, but it still makes me sad in a way. Because what are we actually saying, here? If only Brady would have lied a bit more convincingly, we'd forgive everything.

This line of thinking reinforces the idea that this is "no big deal", "everybody does it", and "it didn't really do anything, so what's the problem here?"

But the fact of the matter is that this is a big deal. (At least in terms of sports, right?) The fumbling data is very, very troubling, and it seems quite likely that this has gone on for years, and has been effective. We can't say for sure how many games a year this little scheme was worth. A whole game? Half a game? That's no knowable. But over the course of seasons, this ill-gotten advantage has turned mediocre seasons into playoff years and wild card seasons into first-round byes. That's super significant in NFL football. Huge.

You sound a bit uninformed here.

The report shows that the balls lost pressure according to the Ideal Gas Law, with the exception of 4 balls. Those 4 balls had about .4 psi missing from them...that is about the same amount of deflation that happens when someone checks the pressure of a football.

Also, they wrote on page 228 of the report "In sum, the data did not provide a basis for us to determine with absolute certainty whether there was or was not tampering as the analysis of such data ultimately is dependent upon assumptions and information that is not certain."...

Basically the Patriots are being convicted of deflating balls when there is no data to back it up. It is ridiculous.

I swear this guy sounds like a member of the Manson family. Whats next, his speech about Tom being the way and the light?

pmedic920

Reaction score
What sucks the most.....

.....we are going to have to hear all this same crap when he becomes eligible.

I sure wish they would have pulled it from him.
Like I've said many times, no telling how many games this cheating ended up effecting.
All these people that think it's no big deal, amaze me.

"Level playing field" my ass.

It would be "no big deal" if every team could adjust the balls to their own preference.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
pmedic920":2h7lfmsm said:
What sucks the most.....

Like I've said many times, no telling how many games this cheating ended up effecting.
I wish he would have gotten a 16 game suspension because this worse than Pete Rose if you really start thinking about it. It's BAD. A year off may have made most people forget. But now? It's going to be an issue forever.

pmedic920

Reaction score
5739d6e02a1273e071f90cc8b2f8b498.jpg

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":tv5s7hzr said:
pmedic920":tv5s7hzr said:
What sucks the most.....

I wish he would have gotten a 16 game suspension because this worse than Pete Rose if you really start thinking about it. It's BAD. A year off may have made most people forget. But now? It's going to be an issue forever.

:lol:

No... it's not anywhere near gambling on your own sport. That's just absurd.

I think their Spygate crap was a lot worse than this in all honesty. But yeah, they've surely been doing this much longer than the AFC Championship and it would not surprise me at all if this has been going on for several seasons.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2rbw0pea said:
Hasselbeck":2rbw0pea said:
I have no doubt in my mind Brady is guilty of this, but this feels like the Bill Cosby thing when all kinds of different "victims" started to emerge.

The Colts have no reason to feel victimized, but if you're a fan or player on the Ravens with all the close games they've lost up in Foxboro over the years how could you not feel a little victimized and pissed off?

More grip on a football to pass, run and catch sure as hell doesn't make a difference when you just got your ass kicked by 30, but it sure might if you lost by 4.........and for how many years?

If we found out Brady did this in the SB, I guarantee you this forum would be on fire with fans feeling victimized.

Just to clarify - I meant the Cosby reference in regards to A.J. Feeley with some random claim from 2004.

I agree with the rest of what you are saying.