BRADY/PATS PUNISHMENT OVER TURNED BY JUDGE. (Updated 9/3/15)

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
RedAlice":wbipwjwf said:
RolandDeschain":wbipwjwf said:
Every single Pats fan on that forum is ignoring the fact that proof is not needed for the NFL to punish someone. If you are even in the same room as something happening that tarnishes the shield, they can penalize you.

Pathetic, the responses I'm getting on that forum.

Welcome to Pats fans. They are the scum of the NFL.
My wife talked to a Pats fan at her work; she actually broke the news to him. His response was the EXACT same script we got from the visitors before XLIX:

1. The "if the glove don't fit" defense. They have no proof, therefore Tom didn't do anything.

Then after presenting some facts...

2. The "this whole place is out of order" defense. Hey, everybody does something to get an advantage. (He went so far as to say, "You're quarterback does it (deflates footballs) too.")

When confronted with "now you're just making things up"...

3. Finally, the "you're GD right I ordered the Code Red and I'd do it again" defense. Even if he did it, so what? Pats woulda won anyway. Nothing's gonna happen. You WANT Tom on that field. You NEED Tom on that field.

Sprinkled throughout are the paranoid "everyone's out to get the Pats for no reason" comments. And like all interactions with these types you can only shake your head and walk away.

As far as the casual fan and general public, it's true that America loves its rich white guys. Especially handsome ones. But America also loves to tear down cheaters and liars, especially ones who have been given the world and hoisted to idol status. It'll be fun watching these forces tangle while we await a ruling.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
The reactions of the people involved is must see stuff.

Tom Brady's agent is blasting the report, specifically because he thinks it is wrong for the NFL to to not warn the Patriots they will be inspecting the footballs for signs of cheating.

HAHAHAHAHA! The laughs will keep coming on this story.

Brady is screwed. His only hope is rely on being a pretty white guy. Perhaps he can promise to star in a 50 shades of gray sequel, get all the ladies on his side of the issue. He might as well have pistol whipped his wife on national TV for how this is going down with the rest of the NFL. Kraft and any other Pats blasting the report are just making things worse for Brady.

tacomahawk

Reaction score
Rog and his toadies, gave Saints Payton an entire year off, because "ignorance is not an excuse." Why don't Belicheat, and Kraft, have to live to the same standard? If something really severe doesn't happen, than the NFL, is truly turning into WWE.

253hawk

Reaction score
It's just too bad that Goodell's balls are a fraction of the size that Adam Silver's are. Act like a damn commissioner and lay down the law.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I'm sorry if this has been mentioned.
I'm so pissed I didn't catch up.

So on yahoo they have a story up.
10 hidden gems in the Wells report.
Stupid me, I clicked. I've got no clue who the two dudes are that are talking.
Get this. One of them says "we wouldn't even be talking about this, if Pete Carroll would have run the ball"
Now he does go on to say that it's the fact that the Pats won the SB but come on. What the hell.
Any way, pissed me off, needed to vent. Hell I couldn't even finish the video. Guess I should go back and see if they have anything good to say.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... 28218.html

PackerBacker19

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":21wl45zi said:
RedAlice":21wl45zi said:
RolandDeschain":21wl45zi said:
RedAlice":21wl45zi said:
Just read Fly's sig -

This is great!

Seahawk Sailor wrote:
Play the Seahawks in the Super Bowl, you either get an asswhuppin' or an asterisk.

*Their second asterik.
*Asterisk.

Sorry, I do have a reputation to protect over here. :lol:

Yes, good job.

Well true, it's their second asterisk. But to keep the record somewhat straight, the Stealers received the first asterisk, the Cheatriots the second. The Broncos were the ass-whuppin'.

Actually, it's there third. http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... 28218.html

7. McNally was already on the NFL's radar from a 2004 incident

There was an incident from a game on Oct. 25, 2004 that included Patriots ball boys relaying balls that were supposedly approved into the game, but they were actually non-approved practice balls. For Patriots haters who think they've been cheating all through their dynasty, this will be some more fuel.

McNally was mistakenly referred to as "Jim McNulty" in a memorandum from that incident.

"Mr McNulty advised that he had no idea how Patriot‟s practice balls could have gotten into the hands of the game day sideline ball boys and or how they could have been handed to the referee by a ball boy for insertion into the game," Wells' report said, citing a memorandum.

McNally said it was an honest mistake involving the ball boys. The NFL said the Patriots didn't provide a reasonable explanation and "warned that disciplinary action against the Patriots could result if a similar incident occurred in the future because it could be interpreted as a competitive violation."

Why not just put a big * next to the Brady/Belichick era? Who knows how many times they haven't been caught. Fine the organization, take draft picks, and suspend Brady for at least 4 games. I've wanted to see Garoppolo for a long time anyway.Sickening :pukeface:

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
pmedic920":1fwx827i said:

Get this. One of them says "we wouldn't even be talking about this, if Pete Carroll would have run the ball"
Now he does go on to say that it's the fact that the Pats won the SB but come on. What the hell.
Any way, pissed me off, needed to vent. Hell I couldn't even finish the video. Guess I should go back and see if they have anything good to say.

This is the same shit I got when expressing my feelings about yesterdays reports. As if "the call" had ANYTHING to do with cheating. Dip shits.

pmedic920

Reaction score
JAGHAWK":3v0ewrbi said:
pmedic920":3v0ewrbi said:

This is the same shit I got when expressing my feelings about yesterdays reports. As if "the call" had ANYTHING to do with cheating. Dip shits.

Right !!
And that is the part that pissed me off.
Why in the Hell do the Seahawks or "the play" even get mentioned in this conversation?

Why aren't the mediots talking about a documented warning that happened 10 seasons ago?
It appears they were warned about Ball security, in relation to that "04" incident.
This whole thing reeks.

ringless

Reaction score
I am just so amused with Pats fans.

They are disgusted with the fact that the league would do a sting operation, and not inform their team beforehand of the complaints. I mean should police notify drug dealers of a sting operation before hand? I would like to know if it had been Aaron Rodgers if they would be this defensive over him or have the pitchforks in hand.

I also agree. The best thing they can do is no HOF eligibility. Too many strikes, too many question marks. Where theres smoke, theres fire and there always seems to be smoke with this team.

ivotuk

Reaction score
kidhawk":26fe4azr said:
kidhawk":26fe4azr said:
Basis4day":26fe4azr said:
Spark Notes Version:

“For the reasons described in this Report, and after a comprehensive investigation, we have concluded that, in connection with the AFC Championship Game, it is more probable than not that New England Patriots personnel participated in violations of the Playing Rules and were involved in a deliberate effort to circumvent the rules,” Wells concluded. “In particular, we have concluded that it is more probable than not that Jim McNally [the Officials Locker Room attendant for the Patriots] and John Jastremski [an equipment assistant for the Patriots] participated in a deliberate effort to release air from Patriots game balls after the balls were examined by the referee.

“Based on the evidence, it also is our view that it is more probable than not that Tom Brady [the quarterback for the Patriots] was at least generally aware of the inappropriate activities of McNally and Jastremski involving the release of air from Patriots game balls.”

The text messages seem pretty damning as far as knowledge of the fact that it was going on is concerned. It won't happen, but Brady should see a suspension for his actions in this matter.

More on why Brady should be suspended IMO...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/596005500329811968[/tweet]

Maybe it's because of communications with Aaron Hernandez :327321_Spy_23.22:

ivotuk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":q3xdh8za said:

Tom Brady's agent is blasting the report, specifically because he thinks it is wrong for the NFL to to not warn the Patriots they will be inspecting the footballs for signs of cheating.

HAHAHAHAHA! The laughs will keep coming on this story.

Brady is screwed. His only hope is rely on being a pretty white guy. Perhaps he can promise to star in a 50 shades of gray sequel, get all the ladies on his side of the issue. He might as well have pistol whipped his wife on national TV for how this is going down with the rest of the NFL. Kraft and any other Pats blasting the report are just making things worse for Brady.

Pretty much this

How would this have played out if it would have been Doug Williams?

pmedic920

Reaction score
Let me ask this, do y'all think that stripping Brady of HOF eligibility is fair or unfair?
I personally think it's the definitive punishment.
It surprises me that very few here and in the media are talking about HOF implications.
Am I being to harsh? I don't think I am.

ringless

Reaction score
Sports psychology must be interesting and I'm sure this could lead to a great study in regards to fans....

Tom Brady could be caught with the needle in the ball itself cowered in a corner deflating the balls and fans would still deny his guilt. They look up to him, respect him. He is a hero for that team and the legacy. A god in some of their eyes Im sure. Someone that has been part of the team for a long time.... Deep down Im sure they have doubts now but turn a blind eye.... An interesting similarity to Pats fans right now would be........

North Korea, and the Dear Leaders..... Also a god in their eyes, someone who could do no wrong... Born from unicorns much like Tom Brady... The people are starting to have their doubts and questions. But still believe in him with unwavering support even though all the signs are there that he might actually just be a human... With flaws, like the other 7 billion people on the planet

mikeak

Reaction score
Scottemojo":m31jbscs said:

This one baffles me. I read that and the guy is attacking the "sting operation" as he calls it.

Seriously - when someone blames the NFL for not warning them that cheating will be looked at then you are admitting guilt. That is the dumbest excuse I have seen in a long time.

Then he proceeds to say that Wells is biased. He states that the NFL has lots of business with them so he is not independent.

Here is the issue with the second part - What is the NFL's interest if there was bias? Make the Superbowl winning team and one of the biggest stars of the last 10 years look innocent or guilty? If they would have shown innocent it would have been better for hte 2014 season and it would be better for going forward. So he claims bias without being able to reflect on any reason why the NFL would want a "guilty verdict". The Patriots is part of the NFL not an outside opponent

Poorly written response by the agent lacking actual thoughts into what he wrote

SoCalSeahawk

Reaction score
My personal opinion with a few educated assumptions, posted in the friendly confines of .Net:

There are so many indications that the Patriots have been using a deflated football to gain an unfair advantage since 2007 that it goes way beyond the revealing of Tom Brady’s true character. Dishonest, spoiled, unaccountable. It goes beyond the insult from an organization that lays a straight-faced claim to having fairly earned their success. The Patriots have stained the last eight NFL seasons. A permanent stain? Probably not, but right now it is a disgrace and a dishonor to the fans and players that make this our greatest game.

Gaining an advantage on every single offensive play in the NFL for seven years would be akin to finding out that the NBA Laker’s great runs were a result of them always having a hoop that was 8% wider than their opponents. Or that the MLB’s great Yankees dynasties were a result of the opposing pitchers unknowingly throwing an 8% livelier baseball to Yankee hitters on every single pitch. Why 8%? That’s the deflation percentage from 12.5psi to 11.5psi. The mediot on ESPN who likened Deflate Gate to “Phil Niekro scuffing a baseball” should resign out of respect to the human brain.

Brady’s average passer rating for his six years as a starter prior to 2007 was 88.4. For the seven seasons since, his average passer rating per season has been 101.9. According to this article his fumble rate also dropped considerably in 2007, http://www.boston.com/sports/football/p ... story.html. The article also reveals some interesting stats of Patriot players fumble rates when they played for other teams. There’s too much to ignore, and we all know that Roger has already set the precedence that ignorance is not an excuse (note to Belichick).

Now we know that the initial complaint from the Colt’s organization indicates that it was widely known that the Patriots cheated. Did it continue for years because nobody wanted to be a tattle-tale or sound like they were making excuses after a loss? This might explain some of the disdain toward the Patriots from other team’s players that seemed to ascend the typical emotions of the game. Thank you Indianapolis for finally calling them out.

Of course there will be no more digging by the NFL, nothing good will come of it for anyone. But an objective look at the statistics, combined with the results of the investigation and of Tom Brady’s lies and lack of cooperation are very telling. As far as the pretense of contention from Robert Kraft toward NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and the investigation itself, Kraft has no other choice. But he must surely know – they were caught cheating again. And cheating in a big way.

Should Brady get the Pete Rose treatment? I personally wouldn’t bat an eye of sympathy if he was banned for life. It’s not just the act of cheating, it’s his arrogant lack of cooperation and lack of accountability afterward. Think of Tom Brady shaking the hand of the opposing quarterback with that smirk of victory on his face knowing that he cheated them. What more about his character do you need to know? A fair punishment for a seven year pattern of cheating? One year suspension for the cheating and one year for the lack of cooperation and lying.

kidhawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":3sdi1riw said:
Sting operation ??
WTF, the NFL said, upfront, that they would be doing an investigation.

The sting operation reference was checking the inflation of the balls at halftime. It's not normally done, and the Patriots didn't know it was going to happen, but the Colts knew about it.

The funny thing (to me) is that he's basically saying that it's unfair because the Patriots didn't know the air pressure was going to be inspected but the opposition did, so in a way he's saying they were set up.

My only response to this is....if you aren't cheating you don't need advance warning.