BRADY/PATS PUNISHMENT OVER TURNED BY JUDGE. (Updated 9/3/15)

ringless

Reaction score
Well to make things more interesting. Goodell wont be handing down a punishment. In his statement he said it would be Troy Vincent... Of the Eagles, who also lost to the Patriots in a Super Bowl.... I hope he gives Brady the lashing of a lifetime.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":11k4djf4 said:
RedAlice":11k4djf4 said:
Here is my favorite comment I've seen and it's from a Hawk fan -

"I'm sure Goodell is going to fine Marshawn Lynch for this."

Kinda sums it up in a symbolic but true way.

Similarly, I saw a comment somewhere where a Seahawks fan mentioned that the NFL threatened to eject Marshawn Lynch from the NFCCG if he wore gold cleats. A suspension for gold cleats. If Brady doesn't spend at least six or more games riding the pine, I'll be very annoyed.

16 games. He knowingly cheated and lied.

Unfortunately this will never happen.

RedAlice

Reaction score
ringless":1rojl5b2 said:
Well to make things more interesting. Goodell wont be handing down a punishment. In his statement he said it would be Troy Vincent... Of the Eagles, who also lost to the Patriots in a Super Bowl.... I hope he gives Brady the lashing of a lifetime.

link where this info is?

RedAlice

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1gc8cxrl said:

Thank you.

And this is what I mean by vague or careful words, as most fans will not read the report, only these media articles:

While the report doesn’t say Brady specifically directed the balls to be deflated, he and the Patriots could face fines or an NFL suspension as a result of the controversy,

Above that it says Bellicheck and Kraft did not know. So, it implies they might get discipline for something they are not stated to have done.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Yep, I got called all kinds of nasty things on that Pats forum a little bit ago for specifically pointing out that you don't need proof to punish people in the NFL. Tarnish the shield at all even by association, and you can pay a price.

RedAlice

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2iwukc3c said:
Yep, I got called all kinds of nasty things on that Pats forum a little bit ago for specifically pointing out that you don't need proof to punish people in the NFL. Tarnish the shield at all even by association, and you can pay a price.

This and all intentional cheating will only matter if they punish them now harsh. Not gonna hold my breath.

But, would be pleasantly surprised.

Perhaps Goodell removing himself is a good sign?

Exittium

Reaction score
RedAlice":2abz7ix0 said:
RolandDeschain":2abz7ix0 said:

This and all intentional cheating will only matter if they punish them now harsh. Not gonna hold my breath.

But, would be pleasantly surprised.

Perhaps Goodell removing himself is a good sign?

Its a good sign maybe in terms of there is a real possibility of the Pats getting punished, but on the other hand to some fans, why would the commish need to remove himself? Is there a conflict of interest that myself or any other fans don't know of between him and the patriots or members of the patriots organization? And if so what could that be and why? As the commissioner, the head man who should be on neutral non favorable ground with all teams right?

(I'm sure most this can be reworded to be better understood, but I'm sure I got the point across lol)

ps Brady and the patriots are *Roont* :thirishdrinkers:

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I see them getting only a slap on the wrist in the form of a fine......................

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
John Clayton says he thinks Brady gets suspended for 4-8 games.
He is not always right but in situations like this he is usually in the ballpark.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":257tufos said:
He is not always right but in situations like this he is usually in the ballpark.

That would at least be a comment by the NFL that something wrong was done. Even that would be nice.

Not the statement they should make, but something more than last time.

huskylawyer

Reaction score
RedAlice":4wxwybaa said:
Sports Hernia":4wxwybaa said:

That would at least be a comment by the NFL that something wrong was done. Even that would be nice.

What worries me is that Goodell plays favorites at times. Brett Favre got a slap on the wrist for his junk pics. They literally changed the rules for Wes Welker when he got busted for Miolly.

If Jay Cutler or Cam Newton pulled this stunt, they would already be on the commissioner's exempt list.

RedAlice

Reaction score
huskylawyer":1fl7t0ff said:
RedAlice":1fl7t0ff said:
Sports Hernia":1fl7t0ff said:

What worries me is that Goodell plays favorites at times. Brett Favre got a slap on the wrist for his junk pics. They literally changed the rules for Wes Welker when he got busted for Miolly.

If Jay Cutler or Cam Newton pulled this stunt, they would already be on the commissioner's exempt list.

Goodell always plays favorites.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
RedAlice":2yvrh8uk said:
RolandDeschain":2yvrh8uk said:
RedAlice":2yvrh8uk said:
Just read Fly's sig -

This is great!

Seahawk Sailor wrote:
Play the Seahawks in the Super Bowl, you either get an asswhuppin' or an asterisk.

*Their second asterik.
*Asterisk.

Sorry, I do have a reputation to protect over here. :lol:

Yes, good job.

Well true, it's their second asterisk. But to keep the record somewhat straight, the Stealers received the first asterisk, the Cheatriots the second. The Broncos were the ass-whuppin'.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":unesjezm said:
RedAlice":unesjezm said:
RolandDeschain":unesjezm said:
RedAlice":unesjezm said:
Just read Fly's sig -

This is great!

Seahawk Sailor wrote:
Play the Seahawks in the Super Bowl, you either get an asswhuppin' or an asterisk.

*Their second asterik.
*Asterisk.

Sorry, I do have a reputation to protect over here. :lol:

Yes, good job.

Well true, it's their second asterisk. But to keep the record somewhat straight, the Stealers received the first asterisk, the Cheatriots the second. The Broncos were the ass-whuppin'.

So, when it happens that the Steelers have their SECOND issue for the second asterisk, then you will feel like I do right now.

Because THIS issue is the Pats second to RECEIVE. No matter how many the Hawks have handed out.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
SB loss hurts even more now that I know this.
All we needed to do was give the rock to Beast Mode.

Rob12

Reaction score
So, Tom Brady paid equipment guys with money, shoes, and signed footballs to break the rules for his competitive benefit... And he refused to fully cooperate with the investigation.

He's in Alex Rodriguez company for me now. What a narcissistic clown.

I won't talk crazy but he needs a four to eight game suspension. The Pats need to lose draft picks, and Bob Kraft needs a hefty, hefty fine.

Won't happen, though.