Bold predictions for Sundays game.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Russell Wilson throws for 8 TDs, all in the third quarter after the Hawks fall behind 10-3 at half.

Cam Newton doesn't bother taking towel off head when he gets back on the field.

jake206

Reaction score
this is going to be the trap game aka wakeup game for the hawks. they'll lose to the panthers, but will be ready for the 9ers. 24-21 Panthers over hawks. Star Loutoulei and Luke Kuekly are going to be a handful for the hawks offense. Marshawn might have a tougher day than last year.

Hawks46

Reaction score
The Seahawks have 400 passing yards, 100 rushing yards. 38 points, 14 points coming off of turnovers.

Defense holds Carolina to 175 total yards (bettering our 190 total from last year). Carolina shutout.

We're going to see a return of the Wishbone in the 2nd half with Lynch, Turbin and Michael all in the backfield at the same time (I'd totally love to see that, it would be sick....who do you cover?)

That's about as crazy as I can get.

PastorHawk12

Reaction score
RW boldly exlaims, "Go Hawks!" at the end of his post game, player of the game interview.

I guess.. that's not a very bold prediction.

How about.. RW celebrates his first TD in the game by doing the robot.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Russell Wilson will throw three touchdowns.

Lynch will run for +100 yards and a touchdown.

Cam Newton will throw two interceptions and be sacked at least three times.

Steve Smith only catches three passes for less than twenty yards.

Final Score 30-17 Seahawks.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Michael Bennett gets 2 sacks
Zack Miller has 2 TDS
Seahawks defense keeps Carolina under 25% on 3rd down
Tate or Kearse with a TD return on ST

If that's not bold enough throw in Russel Wilson's completion % is >75% and a QB rating of over 140.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
JSeahawks":118gxc4v said:
Seahawks defense and special teams outscores Carolina's offense.

Steve Smith has less then 50 receiving yards.

What you got?
I'll buy it! :th2thumbs:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":ab9wzvls said:
RockHawk named to practice squad, but then fails physical for having 35% of his blood saturated with Four Loko.
And then he'll immediately be picked up by Harbaugh and placed on SF's 53 man roster! 8)

irocdave

Reaction score
Wouldn't be surprised to see the Hawks lose this one. 10:00am start, O line hasn't demonstrated it can push around an above average D line, Browner out, don't care what anyone says our LB's are not strong against the run, Wilson hasn't looked all that great in the preseason, Avrill and Clem out.

Cam Newton is a play maker and I'm sure he remembers turfing that pass that would have beat the Hawks last year. Winning this game would be awesome, but this is the NFL and the difference between good and great is minimal. Remember last years game? Browner just manning up and tearing the ball out of the guys hands in the 4th quarter was the key to winning that game. It was a game the Hawks should have lost. Not sure where all this confidence is coming from....Now, coming home and wiping out the 49rs, that's a whole thing.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
I said it in my preview thread and I'll repeat it again here.

As a group, the Carolina Panthers intercepted only 11 passes and they allowed teams to complete 66.8% of their passes last season – worst completion percentage allowed in the entire league. Their team total of 65 Passes Defensed ranked among the bottom 1/3 of NFL Teams.

SS Mike Mitchell is doubtful for this game with a calf injury, as he didn't practice either Thursday or Friday. Quintin Mikell, who was signed only Monday, gets the start.

Overall, the starting DB's for this group are short:

RCB -- Captain Munnerlyn (5'8" 195 pounds)
LCB -- Josh Thomas (5'11" 190 pounds)
Nickel -- Josh Norman (6'0" 200 pounds)
FS -- Charles Godfrey (5'11" 210 pounds)
SS -- Quintin Mikell (5'10" 205 pounds)

Everyone knows that Pete Carroll is all about ball control offense and pounding the rock down opposing teams' throats with Beast Mode. The Panthers know that as well and they will be geared up to run ... which is precisely why I don't believe the Hawks go that route on the first possession of the game.

Given the stats I listed above, the status of the Panthers secondary, and the fact that this game is on the road, I'm predicting that Pete Carroll employs a little Shock and Awe on the first series of the game. Instead of coming out and running the ball (which everyone will expect) ... he puts the ball in Russell Wilson's hands and they come out throwing. If I were Carroll, Bevell, and company ... I would look to take a shot down the field. He did it all preseason long, so how about a long bomb to Stephen Williams, as he'll have the size mismatch.

Carroll gets the Hawks a quick 7-0 lead ... takes the air out of the sails of the crowd ... deflates the Panther players a bit ... and looks to beat them in to submission with Beast Mode beginning on Seattle's 2nd Series of the game.

jake206

Reaction score
I'd rather Cable and Bevell stick with the gameplan, that got them here. Pound them into submission. If they stop the run, run play action off it. If they stop that, pound it some more. Don't get cute. Remember what got the hawks to the playoffs, it wasn't being cute. Play to your strengths.

"...they know we're going to run the ball, we know we're going to run the ball, ppl in china know we're going to run the ball"~Beastmode.

OlyHawk

Reaction score
I can see many scenarios where the Seahawks would lose. The better team just makes stupid mistakes, the early game time, the humidity, miss two field goals (one possible game winner).
I don't want those bad dreams to happen.
Seahawks will do enough to win and hold on at the end for a 17 - 13 win.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3j09d2yy said:
Seahawks defense and special teams outscores Carolina's offense.

Steve Smith has less then 50 receiving yards.

Dang, I was close. Seahawks special teams and D 6, CArolina offense 7.

Steve Smith with 51 receiving yards.