Bleck.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Hawkpower":xo71v6yu said:
RolandDeschain":xo71v6yu said:
Hawkpower, your joke of a methodology is exactly why so many people thought the Broncos would beat us in the Super Bowl. You can tell a lot by HOW a team wins games. MORE than you can tell by the win/loss column.

You will clearly never understand this.

Really??

Seems to me you've got that opposite my friend.

The Seahawks won ugly ALL THE TIME last year.

The Broncos won with style points.

We saw what matters didnt we?

Maybe its time to step away from the keyboard for awhile, you are starting to drift off course with your points.
Wow. You've proven my point.

The Broncos beating up on inept children for most of the year and facing very little quality competition while the Seahawks faced a ton of great defenses and overall quality teams is what were indicators that the Seahawks would run away with the Super Bowl. The Seahawks did not win ugly very much last year. Some, but you completely missed the point of my statement.

SMH. Again.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
HawkFan72":jpnzhriw said:
Hawkpower":jpnzhriw said:
Couldnt be more wrong on Irvin.

He was EVERYWHERE tonight.

Yeah this may have been his best game as a Seahawk. I know he had that huge day back in his rookie year against green Bay, but this was the first time I think I have ever seen him look like a complete player. He was rushing the passer, making tackles, and playing the run. He really was everywhere tonight and it was a very welcome sight!

I love how he played contain on Morris on one play, making AM redirect back toward Irvin's help, and for a loss. Improvement on Irvin's part; he was also part of plenty of pressures on Cousins, blowing past the LT a couple times, and highlighted by Gruden.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3g5e7sg5 said:
Hawkpower":3g5e7sg5 said:
RolandDeschain":3g5e7sg5 said:
Hawkpower, your joke of a methodology is exactly why so many people thought the Broncos would beat us in the Super Bowl. You can tell a lot by HOW a team wins games. MORE than you can tell by the win/loss column.

Really??

Maybe its time to step away from the keyboard for awhile, you are starting to drift off course with your points.

The Broncos beating up on inept children for most of the year and facing very little quality competition while the Seahawks faced a ton of great defenses and overall quality teams is what were indicators that the Seahawks would run away with the Super Bowl. The Seahawks did not win ugly very much last year. Some, but you completely missed the point of my statement.

SMH. Again.

Well we must be arguing different things then because I dont see how schedule strength has anything to do with being ok with winning ugly from time to time. That is what we are arguing, right?

And your memory must be quite fuzzy this evening if you think the Hawks didnt win ugly quite a few times against inept children last year. Want me to make you a list??

SMH. Again.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Rain Drops On A Tin Roof.

3-1. Who cares how we won or how much by... not any single point did I think the Redskins would win... and they didn't.

Polaris

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":14uofd02 said:
Hawkpower":14uofd02 said:
RolandDeschain":14uofd02 said:

Really??

SMH. Again.

MNF last year at St Louis. Tampa Bay and Titans AT Seattle. All were very ugly games that Seattle won anyway.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I agree with your entire OP Aros. A few things:

No one can convice me that the refs didn't have an agenda to keep this game close.

The obviously bad call on Carpenter. Funny how we can't pancake block a guy, yet their OL is allowed to drag defenders down from behind repeadedly.

On the play Trent Williams got hurt and left the game...his original hand punch hit Irvin square in the face mask and rocked his head back. That is illegal hands to the face, which there was supposedly an emphasis this year to call on the OL. Williams retracted immediately, which is a smart veteran move (the refs will probably miss it, even though Williams is known to hand punch to the face consistently). I can let this go, but Irvin continued with a great move inside. Williams promptly drug him to the ground from behnd, laid on him, then rolled off him and grabbed his knee. No flag.

There was a blatant offsides by the Redskins defense. On replay, the Hawks OL did a perfect job of not flinching and staying rock steady. Flag was thrown and false start was called.

They actually showed replay of Harvin literally being tackled off the line of scrimmage while he was going out for a route. No calls. The one call they called on the Redskins was tickytack.

Over all we were incredibly sloppy. 4 or 5 offsides calls, 3 to 4 legitimate false starts (Harvin's was very borderline but I won't complain as he did take a slight jab step toward the los before moving laterally). We had 2 dropped INT's and no turnovers which was disappointing to me. Both lines were very sloppy.

Harvin, Baldwin and Willson all dropped very easily catchable balls. All were for 1st downs or big gains. I'm actually not real impressed with Baldwin after he got his contract. he's losing touches to Harvin and doesn't look to be fighting to get them.

On the plus side, Wilson looked pretty good (a few missed reads, but one was probably the play call) but he was great on the zone read. This helps later in the season.

Our run game looked good, even though we still can't pass block. Okung obviously isn't himself,and Sweezy got abused on a couple of pass plays as well.

Lynch's back is obviously bothering him. This worries me.

Watch the tape. Irvin had a very good game playing LEO today. He's 100% better than he was as a rookie, the sacks just arent' there.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Polaris":1s2mmg7h said:
MNF last year at St Louis. Tampa Bay and Titans AT Seattle. All were very ugly games that Seattle won anyway.
I'd actually say @ St. Louis wasn't ugly. That game was how it was almost entirely because of our O-line, whom we know to be poor...And Bevell. We know our O-line is mediocre at best at pass pro and did then, and how many downs in that game did we have tight ends helping to block the best pass-rushing duo in the NFL?

It's a wonder DangeRuss didn't literally die on the field that game.

We may have different definitions of "ugly", too. *shrug*

Blitzer88

Reaction score
The seemed to be holding their own through the first few games, but tonight was a HUGE leap backwards. They have got to step it up, but I don't see that happening.

mikeak

Reaction score
I guess I am in the minority - elbow area to head area on a guy laying down - penalty

"Late hit" in RW - no way. That was a bang bang play

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Hawkpower":k5av6k9c said:
A good portion of those undiciplined penalties were BS penalties that shouldnt have been called.

The team looks alot less sloppy if the game is called properly.
This..... 100%

The personal foul against Carpenter negating the Harvin TD catch.... total BS.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3gi43iw2 said:
Polaris":3gi43iw2 said:
I'd actually say @ St. Louis wasn't ugly. That game was how it was almost entirely because of our O-line, whom we know to be poor...And Bevell. We know our O-line is mediocre at best at pass pro and did then, and how many downs in that game did we have tight ends helping to block the best pass-rushing duo in the NFL?

It's a wonder DangeRuss didn't literally die on the field that game.

We may have different definitions of "ugly", too. *shrug*

Looks like you are making excuses for last years uglyfest at St Louis....

I thought we couldnt do that around these parts.... 8)

M2MG

Reaction score
Polaris":1bymunsm said:
RolandDeschain":1bymunsm said:
Hawkpower":1bymunsm said:
RolandDeschain":1bymunsm said:

Really??

SMH. Again.

NFL teams are filled with NFL players. I challenge anyone to query any player about this, and I suspect they will find the answer to be that every game is "hard". Sure, the schedule and other factors play into it all of it, but in the end, these games are hard fought battles for all players every game of the season. It comes down to things that Russell Wilson talks about all the time; execution, preparation, playing "our" game, things like that. Look, the Redskins may be an inferior team, but they are an NFL team. They can win any game they play, anytime they play it.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Polaris":27k0i9kv said:
evergreen":27k0i9kv said:
i think we played NO after the bye week last year.

We did, but that was in the Clink. It makes a difference. For one thing, I don't think even this crew would have DARED make the sort of calls they did if the game were in Seattle. Just saying.

It was also Week 13. Major difference.

NorCalHawk12

Reaction score
mikeak":132wefk3 said:
I guess I am in the minority - elbow area to head area on a guy laying down - penalty

Are you talking about the Carp flag? If so, then yes. I didn't see an elbow on that, but I might have blinked or something (seriously.) Also, the TV coverage didn't focus on it AND I had to see it on WATCH-ESPN through my Roku box 'cause I got no cable.

I hope you see this tomorrow and reply. But this thread will be long gone, so...

mikeak

Reaction score
NorCalHawk12":2bzttc4j said:
mikeak":2bzttc4j said:

Are you talking about the Carp flag? If so, then yes. I didn't see an elbow on that, but I might have blinked or something (seriously.) Also, the TV coverage didn't focus on it AND I had to see it on WATCH-ESPN through my Roku box 'cause I got no cable.

I hope you see this tomorrow and reply. But this thread will be long gone, so...

Not an elbow as in hitting someone standing up - the Redskin player was on the ground, Carp threw himself on top of him with the elbow area of the arm hitting the player in the head area

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
Aros":twt67zv7 said:
I think that was an actual word that Charles Schulz used once in his Peanuts cartoon.

I now have good reason to feel vindicated over my nervousness this week. Everybody I talked to said the Seahawks would "destroy" the Washington team. These are the games I have the most fear about. Nothing to lose, backs against the wall...All it takes is a slip here, a slide there, and they are in the game, toe-to-toe.

A one score game late in the 4th?

Bleck.

Against THAT team??

Double Bleck.

Two things: We looked like an undisciplined team with all those penalties. Max Unger was HORRIBLE in this game. This was not Championship football. Far from. Even though the talent differential was obvious, the lack of discipline and sound football was alarming. Especially being on the national stage when you would think we would want to present our best effort.

Okung was terrible. Carpenter's arm lock negated a TD. The OL was the worst I've seen this year in terms of penalties and being out-of-synch.

The other factor? The REFS SUCKED!!!!

Wow that was a terrible game by the officials. My friend who came over to watch the game with me said that this was the worst officiating he had seen all year so far. I would agree. They had some calls right but it sure seemed to us like they really made an effort to keep the game close.

After all, Harvin scored 21 by himself. The stat sheet won't show that.

I dunno. After all these years I know it's not the best idea to post right after a game, win or lose. Emotions are running high and you don't have the luxury of time and replays to see if your emotions mesh with fact.

In the end, I just wish we looked more like the #1 team in football instead of a good team trying not to lose against a crappy team.

I guess you can't have it all.

Then again, maybe you can when you have some guy named Wilson at quarterback.

What. A. Stud.

GO HAWKS!!

I think Wilson and Ryan won this game for us. Our o-line looked like they wanted to sit on the bench all night and have a nap. The refs were horrible and caused Percy 2 TD's(Carps cheap shot was a good call). But in the end we won and we know the O-line will be better next week.

SirTed

Reaction score
Maybe I'm weird, but I really came away from last night's game feeling great.

I think it's obvious that our pass rush isn't quite what it was last year, but I'm not ready to be overly concerned. We are getting pressure (outside to SD game). It doesn't always lead to sacks but we're getting home and affecting the play.

The O-line is bad. It was bad last year. Unger didn't have a great game, but he'll bounce back. Okung is a real concern. Prior to the game in the "insider info" thread I doubted the report re: Okung, but it could very well be true. We will survive. Our offense is so scary that we can find more ways to beat teams than we could previously.

I think the thing that is skewing perception the most is the turnovers. We're not getting them. I'm also not concerned about this, but it's not from lack of solid play. Do you see how many plays the it takes the opposing offense to score? That's great for us. Outside of 120 degree weather and a potential MVP, we're going to win in those situations.

We've been incredibly unlucky in the fumble department, and we've had quite a few picks bounce off hands. I know QB's have had decent games against us based on ratings, but when I watch the game, I just don't see it -
The picks and fumbles will come. Law of averages says so.

My big concern is that damn wheel route switch play. We're going to see this play a TON for the remainder of the year, and I know that the guys know what to do, they just have made some mistakes. It definitely needs correcting. It's so obvious, to the point that you have to know Pete and the staff will take care of it. We're built to take big plays away, and this has proven to be one way to get big plays against us. We have to figure this out.

The penalties...meh. I just don't care. 2 of the 3 TD killers were straight up BS. Undisputed, right? The false start stuff - well you better get used to it. If Okung is that hurt he's constantly going to feel like he needs to get great jumps, etc.

For fun though, let's take a look at who we have on the OL:

We've got a walking injury at LT, a recovering bust at LG, a solid player at center (even they make mistakes) a converted DT at RG and rookie at RT. And our RRT (That's Right Right Tackle) Zach Miller is out. All that said, they are talented, and I think we will see improvement there (with the possible exception of Okung)

As others have said, this game could have EASILY been 34 or 41 to 10. And I'm only talking about the points that the refs took off the board.

Last thing - The 4-1 Dallas Cowboys are coming to town this week with revenge on their mind. That's cute and everything, but check this - The Cowboys are absolutely going to be DESTROYED. I never talk like this on the board or off, but I know it. I feel it. They're paper champs, and we're a juggernaut trying to find it's stride. Relax. It's coming together.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not wierd at all Ted, felt the same way. They dominated the last 2 games, and just because they kind of let the other team back in it etc. doesn't change the fact that they got the W. Nothing else matters.