BJ Daniels claimed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cacksman

Reaction score
Maybe some insurance for next offseason when Jackson gets a $3-4 million/yr offer that we won't match.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
mikeak":2d5ljy2m said:
HawkFan72":2d5ljy2m said:
The SF radio guys are pissed. They said Daniels is the perfect backup QB to mimic Kaepernick. Have no idea why the 49ers would cut him and said the 49ers just went out of their way to make their team worse in practice.

This could be a good pickup. Young, mobile QB!

Two ways to look at this

1) The above

2) They cut him for SKELTON........like seriously - SKELTON. Kaep isn't injured so if they didn't think Daniels would develop this makes sense so what did they see that made them cut him? Maybe he just pissed Harbaugh off....

From a matchup perspective, could it be that they wanted someone more Shaubesque and a didn't think any one in thhe NFL would make a play for Daniels, 5 weeks into the season.

Pay back is a bitch Harbaugh

To others:

In Irvin's case, I would assume that Spitz will be released not Mayowa or Davis or Morgan.

If Morgan hasn't been released already then he isn't going to be. Carroll loves Morgan and Quinn likes his versatility and smarts.

Spitz was only signed because Unger was hurt. If LJP got hurt vs the Texans , Seahawks would not had anybody to take over.

ivotuk

Reaction score
QuickLightning":12ca3pi1 said:
Scottemojo":12ca3pi1 said:
Basis4day":12ca3pi1 said:
Scottemojo":12ca3pi1 said:
And, because he was cut, not claimed from an active practice squad, he does not have to go on the 53, IIRC.

Part of the Waiver process is that you need to pick up that player's salary. 2013, signed a four-year, $2.206 million contract.
Seeing as that is probably for league min, and only the top 51 count against the cap, even if he makes the 53 he is not cost prohibitive in any way.

Top 51 is only true before the season starts... Again, where are getting your football information?

Translation "Look at me! I'm right and youare wrong so I will make a big deal out of it."

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":165zka1y said:
12thMan1":165zka1y said:
BJ refused when Harbaugh told him to sweep the leg.

Never thought of Harbaugh as the Cobra Kai douche...but I will from now on! Thanks!

Finish him Jimmy! Finish him!

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
HawkFan72":g6xey6c0 said:
The SF radio guys are pissed. They said Daniels is the perfect backup QB to mimic Kaepernick. Have no idea why the 49ers would cut him and said the 49ers just went out of their way to make their team worse in practice.

Uhhh ... yeah, I'd be pissed too. So, let me get this straight -- they released Daniels (a potential diamond in the rough, whom if you give him a couple of years polish could be a decent QB) in order to sign John Skelton? Are you serious? John Skelton -- he of Arizona Cardinals fame ... who sports a career QB Rating of 63 ... a completion% that only hovers around 50% ... and has thrown 10 more INT's than TD's in his career. Yup, sounds like a good pick-up to me.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
What are the Jets, Minnesota, Jacksonville, and Tampa Bay thinking passing up an opportunity to add a young promising QB? Not saying he is Montana but what are these teams saying to themselves about the current QB's on the roster? At least the Jags can reasonably expect to add a QB next season but why not take a chance right now?

Need to see more of Daniels throwing on the run to see if he has that Wilson short stop throw, other than that he does look a bit like Wilson on the move and has good throwing mechanics. Must only be his size that turned teams off.

If I was Jacksonville, I'd have already called Mike Rob up and added Daniels along with Lotu and Bradford.

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":atvqw89b said:
HawkFan72":atvqw89b said:

Uhhh ... yeah, I'd be pissed too. So, let me get this straight -- they released Daniels (a potential diamond in the rough, whom if you give him a couple of years polish could be a decent QB) in order to sign John Skelton? Are you serious? John Skelton -- he of Arizona Cardinals fame ... who sports a career QB Rating of 63 ... a completion% that only hovers around 50% ... and has thrown 10 more INT's than TD's in his career. Yup, sounds like a good pick-up to me.

The Niners front office do all their scouting by watching "Hardknocks".

Scottemojo

Reaction score
ivotuk":7xkcj0j7 said:
QuickLightning":7xkcj0j7 said:
Scottemojo":7xkcj0j7 said:
Seeing as that is probably for league min, and only the top 51 count against the cap, even if he makes the 53 he is not cost prohibitive in any way.

Top 51 is only true before the season starts... Again, where are getting your football information?

Translation "Look at me! I'm right and youare wrong so I will make a big deal out of it."

Hey, it's OK, I was totally wrong. I don't mind being corrected at all.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I still think they want someone who could emulate Schaub more because Colt Mccoy is awful and they know this.

49ers are in a position where they can't afford to lose games and lose ground especially when the Seahawks have a tough task ahead in Indy.

They probably took a chance and thought Daniels wasn't worth any ones time 5 weeks into the season.

However, they must have forgot about the Harper charade and that Daniels is very similar to Wilson as a prospect.

Again, pay back is a bitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts