BJ Daniels claimed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basis4day

Reaction score
heffmanhere":3lhn1uep said:
Bob Condotta ‏@bcondotta 2m

The Seahawks just claimed QB B.J. Daniels and released LB John Lotulelei to make room.

One spot to go with Irvin's exemption ending this weekend.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Kind of like this pick up. He may never see the field or wind up being cut in a few weeks when Harvin returns.. but for now I dig it.

Now watch the Niners claim Lotu.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Well, this is pretty surprising. Never thought they'd use a roster spot on him. At the very least, though, he should give our defense a good look as a scout-team QB. It didn't seem like they had a guy for that role.

mikeak

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3p8orehb said:
The SF radio guys are pissed. They said Daniels is the perfect backup QB to mimic Kaepernick. Have no idea why the 49ers would cut him and said the 49ers just went out of their way to make their team worse in practice.

This could be a good pickup. Young, mobile QB!

Two ways to look at this

1) The above

2) They cut him for SKELTON........like seriously - SKELTON. Kaep isn't injured so if they didn't think Daniels would develop this makes sense so what did they see that made them cut him? Maybe he just pissed Harbaugh off....

253hawk

Reaction score
Hope we can get a little playbook info out of him so that we can stomp a proverbial mud hole into the Niners down on their home field.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
QuickLightning":2p8fgitz said:
Scottemojo":2p8fgitz said:
Seeing as that is probably for league min, and only the top 51 count against the cap, even if he makes the 53 he is not cost prohibitive in any way.

Top 51 is only true before the season starts... Again, where are getting your football information?
My butt, apparently.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":idmwtd1h said:
I'd guess Mayowa goes when Irving gets added.

I think it would be spitz. With Unger coming back this week, why would we keep 3 centers? He was insurance for a week.

I imagine we would want to hold on to mayowa.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Maybe part of this is to also gather intel on the 9ers offense before our next game?

A QB that's been with them all off season and up until just now should have a decent grasp on what they like to do and how they game plan.

iigakusei

Reaction score
DJrmb":2l6e7s6l said:
Maybe part of this is to also gather intel on the 9ers offense before our next game?

A QB that's been with them all off season and up until just now should have a decent grasp on what they like to do and how they game plan.

Don't think we need the help. I think they just like him as a QB - regardless of what team he came from.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe we can still cut Daniels later this week to add Irvin and if he clears the waiver wire, we can then add him to our own practice squad, so his spot on the active 53 may only be temporary.

Essentially, this move could be because the hawks front office really likes Daniels or it's a big FU to the 49ers. We kept San Francisco from potentially adding him to their own PS.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
There's enough tape this season to know what San Francisco wants to do on offense schematically. I think they actually like the player (or at least think they can mold him into Wilson #2)

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
DJrmb":3eog6c07 said:

We have pretty much never carried 3 QBs with JS at the helm. Why the hell would we carry three, just so that we can get a little info about a team that we already know well and spanked badly.

I think the 'inside knowledge' thing had very little to do with this move.

pehawk

Reaction score
BTW, his real name is Jim. Its "B.J." Daniels. Its a nickname.

I have his USF jersey with "BJ" in quotes.

TheWebHead

Reaction score
Pete and John probably like him as a potential backup beyond this season. I don't see the Hawks trading a solid backup for at best a 6th rounder and have a rookie QB with no time in our system as the lone backup. It's also recognition that our o-line is really suspect right now in pass protection and carrying 3 QBs, the third stringer being as mobile as Daniels, might be a good idea.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Well, I'll be.

Glad they got rid of Lotuleilei (though I still think they should have kept Bradford over him in the LB corps. Ah well.)

Laloosh

Reaction score
mikeak":3r34lpt6 said:
HawkFan72":3r34lpt6 said:
The SF radio guys are pissed. They said Daniels is the perfect backup QB to mimic Kaepernick. Have no idea why the 49ers would cut him and said the 49ers just went out of their way to make their team worse in practice.

Two ways to look at this

1) The above

2) They cut him for SKELTON........like seriously - SKELTON. Kaep isn't injured so if they didn't think Daniels would develop this makes sense so what did they see that made them cut him? Maybe he just pissed Harbaugh off....

He refused to be a douche when interviewed. Harbaugh didn't feel he had "the right stuff" to be a 49er after hearing that.

12thMan1

Reaction score
Hawknballs":360icsyz said:
Is a Tarvaris-to-Jets/Jags in the works?

It would make sense for TJ to go to Jets since Geno isn't doing anything impressive and they may want him to sit behind a decent vet for a rest of the year and maybe even next year depending on if they make the playoffs. The Jags will be looking to get a QB in the draft next year so I'm pretty sure that trade won't happen.

12thMan1

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":2wlowwrp said:
mikeak":2wlowwrp said:
HawkFan72":2wlowwrp said:

Two ways to look at this

1) The above

He refused to be a douche when interviewed. Harbaugh didn't feel he had "the right stuff" to be a 49er after hearing that.

BJ refused when Harbaugh told him to sweep the leg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts