Bill Barnwell - "it was a truly dismal officiating effort"

Largent80

Reaction score
The officials DID NOT have anything to do with the Hawks allowing a blocked FG for a TD. If that does not happen, we win.

The refs DID NOT overthrow a wide open Tate for an easy TD.

The refs DID NOT Favre an easy toss to Beast for an easy first down and maybe TD.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Largent80":28j5rkmk said:
The refs DID NOT Favre an easy toss to Beast for an easy first down and maybe TD.

Russell was just trying to help Lynch out, if he threw it hard enough, it would just get implanted into his body. No catching required. He gave it his best effort.

coltsfan1405

Reaction score
Many people have said the only reason the colts won was because of the refs. I'm just saying that we as a team beat you guys the refs had nothing to do with it. The Colt team persevered and beat an extremely talented seahawk team and I'm sorry but I'm very proud of that so when you all are saying that the victory was tarnished it angers me.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Largent80":2wooxvl9 said:
The officials DID NOT have anything to do with the Hawks allowing a blocked FG for a TD. If that does not happen, we win.

The refs DID NOT overthrow a wide open Tate for an easy TD.

There ya go coltsfan1405, remember that smoke up the ass comment?

jdblack

Reaction score
coltsfan1405":2g2o4gaa said:
Many people have said the only reason the colts won was because of the refs.

Just like multiple people replied on the last page when you said this - It's not true, I haven't seen a single person claim refs were the only reason, much less "many". You're trolling again, and it's not even a new troll.

mikeak

Reaction score
We lost - whatever my take away is that we are a better team and once we put it together again this season this is season over for everyone else.

The best team out there put together 12-0 nothing against the Colts in their house on the second week of 10am starts cross country travel.

When that team puts it together like they did at the end of last season then that team stays out there the whole game. Regardless of what the refs or opponent does to change that - that 12-0 team wins that game 50-0 and puts up numbers like end of last season.

Until then a string of things happened and we ended up losing the game. "I don't care" my takeaway is the team that came out starting this game. That team made me confident that we can beat anybody in this league

chawx

Reaction score
coltsfan1405":2h2vr5h4 said:
Many people have said the only reason the colts won was because of the refs. I'm just saying that we as a team beat you guys the refs had nothing to do with it. The Colt team persevered and beat an extremely talented seahawk team and I'm sorry but I'm very proud of that so when you all are saying that the victory was tarnished it angers me.

The victory was tarnished. You can quote me on that. :snack:

You guys beat us by 6 with all the calls. With fair calls or us getting all the calls, we win by probably 30 or 40 soooo...yeah, good for you guys. /golfclap

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
coltsfan1405":unrit9p8 said:

Oh I get it, he's a troll.

Or rather, this is the difference between a sports fan and a team fan. Dude doesn't like football, he just likes the Colts.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I look at it this way: a football game is decided by dozens of little things. Today's game was fairly balanced and could have gone either way in the end. Any one of about twenty little things could have swung the game. A blocked FG here (huge), a pick there, a TD-turned-safety here, etc. Lots of possible hair triggers.

However, when five or six such little things all fall into the same category - bad officiating - my eyebrow finds itself raised.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, this is interesting. I had kind of made peace with the whole thing until this particular troll came in here spewing this crap. Anyone with a brain would see that the officiating influenced the game more than it should have. Would we have necessarily won if the officiating was fair? No, we might have won, might not have... but the officials cheated us out of a good fair game and gave us a lame mess instead. Fans who pound their chests about their glorious win but do not admit and recognize that they were helped by the officials in a few different situations are just being lame homers.

(BTW, not to dredge up bad memories, but the only Steeler fans I had any respect for were the ones who admitted that while they were glad they won Super Bowl XL, they felt a bit dirty about it, and wished the game had been called more fairly so their team would have really had bragging rights after the game instead of having to spend the next few months defending and explaining themselves.)

The way PI was called and not called was just absurd. No consistency at all.

coltsfan1405

Reaction score
Saying I don't like football is ignorant. This showed me that the colts are able to beat any team in the NFL and that you guys are scared that we showed the league what can happen to you guys. The refs had nothing to do with TY catching a ball downfield twice. Or Reggie catching all those passes. So all I see is upside for us and that should make everyone scared.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
coltsfan1405":26o2h70x said:
Saying I don't like football is ignorant. This showed me that the colts are able to beat any team in the NFL and that you guys are scared that we showed the league what can happen to you guys. The refs had nothing to do with TY catching a ball downfield twice. Or Reggie catching all those passes. So all I see is upside for us and that should make everyone scared.

Lol, dude's such a troll.

Show's over, folks. Let's hit the lights and move along.

coltsfan1405

Reaction score
Alright I'm sorry guys, took it too far shouldn't have come on here like this. Honestly I just got extremely excited cause we beat you guys no matter the circumstances. To be honest I chalked up a L for us before the game and seeing us win even with the calls and everything just hyped me up. Forgive me and don't believe colts fans are like this cause there not and I'm not. Its my bad just got caught up in all of it. Thanks for being good sports. Was fun.

OP
OP
thebanjodude

thebanjodude

Reaction score
Coltsfan, you missed the whole point of this post. Seahawks fans are not the only ones who thought that the refs really helped out the Colts. The whole board is pissed that the Seahawks lost a game that they consider to have been unfairly reffed. You arguing with everyone out of a desire to defend your team is akin to slapping a baby to get it to stop crying. So just take your victory, smirk about it to yourself, know that you have a decent team, engage in civil conversation with everybody here, and you'll see just how awesome this board really is.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I would agree with him, but maybe if we did more in the redzone and got TDs instead of FGs we would have won by large margin.

coltsfan1405

Reaction score
Don't know what else to say other than I'm sorry lol Didn't mean to take it this far just meant to defend reggie than leave. I got carried away and I apologize.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
coltsfan1405":13gy4iec said:
Don't know what else to say other than I'm sorry lol Didn't mean to take it this far just meant to defend reggie than leave. I got carried away and I apologize.

Why are you even here?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
The Officiating cost everyone a square game.

But I look at it like this. The Colts offense did everything they could do to get 27 points. Two field goals, which means they potentially could have had 35 points if they had executed better in the scoring zones, plus the gift 7 on the blocked kick. So, out of the potential 42 points, Indy only cheated themselves out of 8.

Seattle had 8 offensive touchdown opportunities. 2 touchdowns, 4 field goals, a trip to the RZ undone by Sweezy illegal down field, and a trip to filed goal range that ended in a ten point swing when the kick was blocked. Add the safety that should have been a TD, and we are talking about 9 touchdown opportunities. 63 points.

We scored 28 of the potential 63 points. We left 35 points sitting on the field. We really needed 7 of those.
Did refs make it difficult to score a couple of those TDs? Yep. But the Refs did not cost us 28 points.

Even with truly uneven officiating, it was our mistakes that were fatal.

davidonmi

Reaction score
coltsfan1405":380jgx73 said:
We are banged up as well but I guess that doesn't come into consideration.
excuse me? we have 2 all pro offensive lineman, an all pro WR, and our #1 TE out. I don't wanna here about how "banged up u guys are"

DistantHawk

Reaction score
coltsfan1405":16y1fagw said:
I'm sorry but I see a clean hit, perhaps a bit late but no contact to his helmet so clean hit otherwise. Only thing I see is it may be a bit late but not horribly late. and roland sorry but I'm not trolling just defending my team. trolling is sitting here saying " HAHA YOU GUYS ARE SO BUTTHURT HAHA ALL I HEAR IS WA WA WAH" and I'm not doing that.

We're complaining about the referees not the Colts :|

I don't think anyone believes that Indy didn't deserve to win and we have ourselves to blame but to argue that the refs did not assist you disproportionately is ridiculous.