Bigger Disappointment?

morgulon1

Reaction score
I like the starting DB lineups and backup DBs. Solid group overall. That front seven needs work though and I expect a shake up.
they almost have to. They cant keep this poor defense going. Especially when this supposed to be
a defensive minded coached team.

OP
OP
Rat

Rat

Reaction score
they almost have to. They cant keep this poor defense going. Especially when this supposed to be
a defensive minded coached team.
This defense is SO bad right now. If Deejay Dallas hadn't bailed out Nick Bellore on the onsides kick, we probably lose 53-48. I have no faith that we would have kept the Lions out of the end zone when they would have had 60-ish yards to go and over a minute on the clock with all three timeouts. Hell, the Lions might have scored so quickly that we would have had one last offensive possession.

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
Pete.

It was supposed to be a stout defensive team, with a running game and a Game Manager at QB.

Geno is saving Pete's job right now.
Thats definitely not how I see it. Everybody was so down on Geno because of the way Geno performed in the last 7-8 years... It's because of Pete Carroll's management of Geno, the culture of the team etc. that Geno is having success at the back end of his career. It's not that Geno had a come to Jesus' moment and all of a sudden is performing like he is. that's crazy to think.

This team is 2-2 in 2nd place in the division and the team has some problems on defense to sort out. I'm not exactly sure how Carroll and Hurt are going to sort that out, whether they feel its a scheme thing or a personal thing or a combination of both, I just think they will find a way to work it out. It's Hurts first year as a coordinator he is learning just like everybody else. It's just going to take some patience on our part as fans. typically speaking Carroll teams start off slow because they have issues to work out. Thats just the way it works.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Interestingly, we lost our star, all-pro strong safety to injury. and yet, our DBs aren't the problem. It shows how bad our DL and LB have been playing. Hurtt needed to take a back seat at this point and let Desai take over, Hurtt had his opportunities, didn't work. Time to move on.

We could easily be 3-1 if would for Hurtt's defense.
Hurtt and Desai are not the problems. These issues have plagued the Seahawks to some degree ever since the final year of Richards being our DC and into the Ken Norton Jr. years. The defense is supposed to be Carroll's specialty but it has been nothing but mediocre since 2017. We have not had a strong defense in a very long time, and we've struggled to produce viable pass rushers in particular.

morgulon1

Reaction score
1. stop the run
2. at the very least , pressure the passer.

Even during the height of their success , they didnt have a 20 sack per season guy. But I bet
they were towards the top of the league in pressure.

Scout

Reaction score
The Hawks strategy has always been about total team pressures versus paying one guy the big money. Of course this has downsides as we have seen so far.

The Hawks prefer signing/trading and renting a pass rusher for a year through UFA or trades. The downsides are obvious as it is not conducive to team building.

balakoth

Reaction score
Darrell Taylor or Jordyn Brooks? Wags has to be laughing his ass off watching this defense. Cody Barton has been abysmal too, but my expectations for him were nowhere near as high as those other two.
Laughing his ass off while letting runners still pick up seven yards so he can collect a tackle stat lol

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Is brooks not one of the top tacklers in the entire league lol? Why all the JB hate?
Catching up to a runner after he's gained 10 yards and the DBs have slowed him down after being out of position and getting washed out with minimal effort by a blocker is not exactly an impact play. And that describes most of Brooks' tackles this year, imo.

Last edited:

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Is brooks not one of the top tacklers in the entire league lol? Why all the JB hate?
Key in on him next game and you'll see why. He's missing a lot of tackles, over pursuing, being a huge liability in pass coverage. He's constantly out of position this year. He looks like he's really out of sorts out there. Jordyn Brooks and Barton have been one of our biggest issues on defense this year.

Tackles are absolutely nothing when taken at face value.

Scout

Reaction score
This is why I am glad the Hawks drafted Mafe from the 2022 draft. Right now Taylor is clearly struggling and Robinson is on IR.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Interestingly, we lost our star, all-pro strong safety to injury. and yet, our DBs aren't the problem. It shows how bad our DL and LB have been playing. Hurtt needed to take a back seat at this point and let Desai take over, Hurtt had his opportunities, didn't work. Time to move on.

We could easily be 3-1 if would for Hurtt's defense.
What the heck are you taking about? The defense gives the ball to the offense with an opportunity to win the game in the final minutes against ATL and it’s the defenses fault we aren’t 3-1 ?🤦🏻‍♂️. The offense failed at the most crucial time, a game SEA could have won.

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
Hurtt and Desai are not the problems. These issues have plagued the Seahawks to some degree ever since the final year of Richards being our DC and into the Ken Norton Jr. years. The defense is supposed to be Carroll's specialty but it has been nothing but mediocre since 2017. We have not had a strong defense in a very long time, and we've struggled to produce viable pass rushers in particular.
If you put a wedge under your boulder, you can keep it from rolling all the way back down the hill and take a rest. I don't imagine you want to push it all the way from the bottom at this point.

Rainger

Reaction score
Thats definitely not how I see it. Everybody was so down on Geno because of the way Geno performed in the last 7-8 years... It's because of Pete Carroll's management of Geno, the culture of the team etc. that Geno is having success at the back end of his career. It's not that Geno had a come to Jesus' moment and all of a sudden is performing like he is. that's crazy to think.

This team is 2-2 in 2nd place in the division and the team has some problems on defense to sort out. I'm not exactly sure how Carroll and Hurt are going to sort that out, whether they feel its a scheme thing or a personal thing or a combination of both, I just think they will find a way to work it out. It's Hurts first year as a coordinator he is learning just like everybody else. It's just going to take some patience on our part as fans. typically speaking Carroll teams start off slow because they have issues to work out. Thats just the way it works.
Exactly wasn't the team 2 and 7 last year?? Hawk teams usually play better as season progresses.

Rainger

Reaction score
What the heck are you taking about? The defense gives the ball to the offense with an opportunity to win the game in the final minutes against ATL and it’s the defenses fault we aren’t 3-1 ?🤦🏻‍♂️. The offense failed at the most crucial time, a game SEA could have won.
No a bogus holding call when they got to the 10 stopped them from being 3 and 1. Also for all those peeps screaming that the Falcons were the worst team in NFL, I suggest you look again at that team. 3rd most points scored in NFC, one of the best rushing teams, gashed the Browns on the ground. Many teams much worse.

chrispy

Reaction score
I'd say Brooks just because he looked like a great pickup his rookie year, he was right behind Bobby in tackles and now it's like he's fallen off a cliff
I think Brooks is having a hard time playing 2 ILB positions simultaneously while Barton picks daisies in his own reality.

I'd like to see 2 top 10 picks get best available PassRusher, and DT and 2nd round ILB and QB. OL next.