Big Walt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hop_Head

Reaction score
I watched the NFL Network coverage of the 15 finalists for the HOF and Walter Jones was barely even mentioned. Big Walt was the best player in the game for years and it would be an injustice if he would be snubbed this year in my opinion. Thoughts?

OP
OP
Hop_Head

Hop_Head

Reaction score
I hope so, but they gave him no love at all on the show. It was a Dingy-Brooks love fest.

OP
OP
Hop_Head

Hop_Head

Reaction score
Hop_Head":17wuadq6 said:
I hope so, but they gave him no love at all on the show. It was a Dungy-Brooks love fest.

lsheldon

Reaction score
His career stats are undeniable, it would be a crime if he didn't get in first year. He isn't nearly as popular in the fan voting, but those with votes that count seem to recognize his accomplishments.

el capitan

Reaction score
I have no idea why Dungy is even being considered for the HOF. Although he helped build a great team in Tampa they essentially fired him because they didn't believe he could win in the postseason, and the fact that Jon Gruden came in and won the Superbowl the following year with the same team kind of proves they were right. Then he went to Indianapolis and inherited one of the greatest QBs to ever play the game and leads them to ONE Superbowl in 7 years. Under Dungy the Colts were one and done 4 times, his postseason record is a very unHOF worthy 9-10.

Walter Jones is the greatest player on the list of semi finalists, there is no way he won't be a first ballot HOFer.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Hop_Head":1jxxjutl said:
Why no love on NFL Network then?

Because he's a tackle. Tackle highlights are boring. Plus Brooks and Dungy were actually interviewed via satellite, so they had to feature them more. The two guys in Seattle and Texas said there were a couple of first time locks (I know they meant #71), and the one guy at the end gave Walter as his lock example.

I found it funny that the fans via twitter and FB said that Marvin Harrison was the surest thing this year. I think it's a tackle thing once again, those who don't truly understand the game.
The writers get the game. He's a lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts