Bevell Interviewed by Raiders

kpak76

Reaction score
brimsalabim":14c4xrha said:
If Bevel does get a head coaching gig and we go outside for a replacement then Tresman might be a good candidate for Russell because they are pretty tight. It would depended on Pete's desire to change the offense though. Trestman's offense tends to be pass first. I'm not saying he couldn't still emphasize the run and generate conservative game plans that protect the defense because I don't know. He just didn't do that in Chi town or up North. He never had a QB the days I watched him at NC State though and he did run there.

You just answered why it's not a good fit at all. Why would Pete change something that he believes is working for a name to fill his ranks?

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Yes that was kind of my point. I'm saying that while Trestman might be a good fit for Russell he doesn't really fit the way Pete seems to want to run the offense.

kpak76

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2wiewr4u said:
Yes that was kind of my point. I'm saying that while Trestman might be a good fit for Russell he doesn't really fit the way Pete seems to want to run the offense.

I like the PC approach of whats good for the team trumps whats good for a certain player. Even if that player is Russell Wilson. Too many teams try to get cute to cater to their QB's and they end up failing. Stick with what got you here while your horse can still do it. Once the pieces around RW moves around we get pieces that could fit what a guy like Tressman likes to do, then we could think of changing the philosophies then, but we have a while for that to happen. Our starters are mostly young and signed long term.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":6uo31d61 said:
RolandDeschain":6uo31d61 said:
Zebulon Dak":6uo31d61 said:
Really proved a point there, Beavis. Well done.
You're officially not allowed to get angry when I bash you repeatedly over the head with the fact that our offense really took off once we get a new OC and said prediction comes to fruition.

I would love that if it happens! You're officially not allowed to tell me wtf I'm allowed to do because you, like Studboy and a few others, can't accept somebody who refuses to lynch one person in the organization over some moderate struggles. It's not like we're the goddam Cleveland Browns and can't win shit. Get a goddam frame of reference, Donnie.
Wow, Zeb. I am sorry my opinion on Bevell causes you pain, I honestly am.

I look at it this way.....

Opinions are like a-holes, everyone has one and most of them stink.

I wouldn't let my or anyone else's opinion or anything on a football forum upset you so much, it's not worth it.

We are going to have to agree to disagree on Bevell, you think he's good, I don't, that's that and nothing is going to change either of our opinions.

I've said my peace.

I'll leave it at that.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
bmorepunk":1di9pi2k said:
CANHawk":1di9pi2k said:
There have been more than a few bevel decisions that have made me shake my head, but you can't argue with success. For better or worse, he's part of the secret sauce. The guys (less maybe Marshawn) seem to like him, so I suppose it would be for the best if he stays.

I advise to be careful of what you wish for.

I've worked in the same place for almost a decade. I've had a few bosses during that time, and I've realized that wanting to get rid of one or more of them based on their negatives without considering what they might be replaced by is a poor way to look at it. This is also true of individuals who are my peers; few are close to "perfect" but I've seen some that I thought were less than stellar get replaced by someone who was substantially worse. If you have a truly bad situation replacing them isn't a daunting proposition, but if things are working more positive than negative you're assuming a big risk by cutting them loose.

This team won a Super Bowl last year and is in good position to do so this year because of the combination of what they have. If Bevell leaves they might find someone better, but we better hope that the new person is at least as good. As much as people want to say that he's the worst at his job in the entire NFL (I doubt these people watch all other 31 teams enough to make this statement), I think the team could do much worse.

I can't tell how good or bad Bevell is but I've seen the same rage go on here in Baltimore with fans who wanted Cameron run out of town. They fired him midseason their Super Bowl year, but it's hard to say if that was really the reason they did better since the offense played like ass with Caldwell being the replacement immediately and through their struggles last year.
And I'll counter your argument by saying look what happened when we lost Bradley and he was replaced by Quinn. No doubt that was an upgrade. Not saying you're wrong, just saying it might work out for the better. Obviously who they hired would be the determining factor.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2jhp32n9 said:
Zebulon Dak":2jhp32n9 said:
RolandDeschain":2jhp32n9 said:
Zebulon Dak":2jhp32n9 said:
You're officially not allowed to get angry when I bash you repeatedly over the head with the fact that our offense really took off once we get a new OC and said prediction comes to fruition.

I would love that if it happens! You're officially not allowed to tell me wtf I'm allowed to do because you, like Studboy and a few others, can't accept somebody who refuses to lynch one person in the organization over some moderate struggles. It's not like we're the goddam Cleveland Browns and can't win shit. Get a goddam frame of reference, Donnie.

I wouldn't let my or anyone else's opinion or anything on a football forum upset you so much, it's not worth it.

We are going to have to agree to disagree on Bevell, you think he's good, I don't, that's that and nothing is going to change either of our opinions.

I've said my peace.

I'll leave it at that.

I'm not upset. Dumbfounded, sure. Stupefied, totally. But upset? Naw.

Btw did you know the Seahawks offense set franchise records for total yards, yards per game, and yards per play this season? I'll be the first to admit that yardage isn't necessarily the best way to gauge the success of an offense, but setting franchise records is pretty indicative of things going pretty well.

Rat

Reaction score
Mick063":39556lhi said:
Just my opinion but..........

No one that posts here is smarter about coordinating an offense than Bevell. Many think they are, but they simply are not. Some team may pay Bevell six figures to be a head coach. That is a much more qualified assessment of Bevell's worth than anything I might read here.

Hence, I disqualify those that think this is good news.

I do not partake in the "celebration".

Such a lame, self-righteous, cop-out of a response.

Tim Ruskell was paid too, does that mean we would have been wrong if we thought he should have been fired earlier?

This board is for discussion. If you just want to read news and fluff stories, stick to .com.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":1wxlxcnm said:
Sports Hernia":1wxlxcnm said:
Zebulon Dak":1wxlxcnm said:
RolandDeschain":1wxlxcnm said:

I've said my peace.

I'll leave it at that.

I'm not upset. Dumbfounded, sure. Stupefied, totally. But upset? Naw.

Btw did you know the Seahawks offense set franchise records for total yards, yards per game, and yards per play this season? I'll be the first to admit that yardage isn't necessarily the best way to gauge the success of an offense, but setting franchise records is pretty indicative of things going pretty well.
That's despite the OC, in my opinion. I think with the dynamic QB and RB we have the offense can even be so much more.
I see Bevell an as anchor, you see him as the lifeboat. Like I said we will have to agree to disagree. The last word on this is yours as this is turning into a circular argument with a poster you (whom I respect) but obviously disagree with on this subject.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I don't see Bevell as a lifeboat, that's your unfounded perception. I see him as one of the many people rowing the damn boat.

seahawks08

Reaction score
Since we invested so much of defense and will soon invest in RW and Bobby, no fireworks OC will be able to do anything. With ball protection the most important factor for us, we have to keep the ball on the ground and not keep throwing it. When we throw, we make high percentage completions. No offensive minded coach would be happy with this mantra. I think Bevell is just fine in my opinion.

Greenhell

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":s6cgdza2 said:
I would not like to see Bevell go. I guess it's too easy to blame everything on one person and also easy to forget our last 2 OCs before Bevell were Jeremy Bates and Greg Knapp...

The reminder just gave me sour stomach. Especially that clown Knapp. :pukeface: