Bevell Interviewed by Raiders

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
So if does leave, who would be a good replacement for him? Hopefully someone creative, but who doesn't get cute with the screen passes

suppaball

Reaction score
Diezel Dawg":3i584fsf said:
So if does leave, who would be a good replacement for him? Hopefully someone creative, but who doesn't get cute with the screen passes
Tressman

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Thread of the year!

BEVELS BUBBLES on to oakland!

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Did any of you watch ADB's take on Bevell? He said Bevell covered many of our team's weaknesses; the players let him down..

I'd be curious to see how he works out with the Raiders.

Mick063

Reaction score
Just my opinion but..........

No one that posts here is smarter about coordinating an offense than Bevell. Many think they are, but they simply are not. Some team may pay Bevell six figures to be a head coach. That is a much more qualified assessment of Bevell's worth than anything I might read here.

Hence, I disqualify those that think this is good news.

I do not partake in the "celebration".

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":1xaa9ml6 said:
Did any of you watch ADB's take on Bevell? He said Bevell covered many of our team's weaknesses; the players let him down..

Yeah, I found that one of the more interesting parts of his presser. He basically said that nobody on the outside realizes just how much Bevell does to mask our inefficacies on offense.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I would not like to see Bevell go. I guess it's too easy to blame everything on one person and also easy to forget our last 2 OCs before Bevell were Jeremy Bates and Greg Knapp...

Hawks46

Reaction score
Diezel Dawg":zkg68h0z said:

Actually, going back to about 2 weeks after Harvin was shipped out, our screen game has been very effective. It wasn't working because we were forcing them to Harvin constantly, and everyone on the defense knew it was going to Harvin, and when it was going. That's called forcing a play, and no matter how good the player is, it hurts you.

Jay Cutler is always forcing plays, which is why he's usually at the top of the league in turn overs.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Mick063":1qrrfyex said:

No one that posts here is smarter about coordinating an offense than Bevell. Many think they are, but they simply are not. Some team may pay Bevell six figures to be a head coach. That is a much more qualified assessment of Bevell's worth than anything I might read here.

Ah, the old "they are in charge therefore they are always right theory". :roll:

I remember folks saying that for years about the long line of failed Mariners GM's.

Just because someone gets paid a lot of money for doing a job does not equate them being good at their job.

See CEO's that drive very profitable company's into bankruptcy but still make countless millions.

Bevell is horrible at calling plays generally speaking, once in a blue moon he'll call a gem, but 3 times a season isn't enough.
He would be getting exposed a lot more if the defense wasn't so damn good and the QB and RB were not bailing him out all of the time.

Just my opinion of course. 8)

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3q62do6p said:
Bevell is horrible at calling plays generally speaking, once in a blue moon he'll call a gem, but 3 times a season isn't enough.
Isn't enough for what? To win the Superbowl? Oh wait...

CANHawk

Reaction score
There have been more than a few bevel decisions that have made me shake my head, but you can't argue with success. For better or worse, he's part of the secret sauce. The guys (less maybe Marshawn) seem to like him, so I suppose it would be for the best if he stays.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":3q1b75f1 said:
Sports Hernia":3q1b75f1 said:
XLVIII was one of his few gems, and I've praised him for that game. If he called games like he did that game consistently I'd have no problems with his playcalling.

Search for it and you'll see that.

If he had the Dallas' defense instead of one of the best in the history in the NFL, you'd see how really craptastic he generally is as it would stick out like a sore thumb.

Like I said he gets bailed out by this D, Russ, and Lynch a lot.

Calling plays in a football game isn't the rocket science or the brain surgery that some make it out to be.

If you want to worship the guy, more power to you, but when he is replaced and the play calling get consistently better, I told you so in advance. :)

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3gjh6zz2 said:
Hawkfan77":3gjh6zz2 said:
Sports Hernia":3gjh6zz2 said:
XLVIII was one of his few gems, and I've praised him for that game. If he called games like he did that game consistently I'd have no problems with his playcalling.

Search for it and you'll see that.

If he had the Dallas' defense instead of one of the best in the history in the NFL, you'd see how really craptastic he generally is as it would stick out like a sore thumb.

Like I said he gets bailed out by this D, Russ, and Lynch a lot.

Calling plays in a football game isn't the rocket science or the brain surgery that some make it out to be.

If you want to worship the guy, more power to you, but when he is replaced and the play calling get consistently better, I told you so in advance. :)
Worship? So if I don't irrationally hate a guy who's had success here I'm a worshiper? Got it... :roll:

Mick063

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3orntzex said:
Mick063":3orntzex said:

Ah, the old "they are in charge therefore they are always right theory". :roll:

I remember folks saying that for years about the long line of failed Mariners GM's.

Just because someone gets paid a lot of money for doing a job does not equate them being good at their job.

See CEO's that drive very profitable company's into bankruptcy but still make countless millions.

He would be getting exposed a lot more if the defense wasn't so damn good and the QB and RB were not bailing him out all of the time.

Just my opinion of course. 8)

So let me get this straight.

The best team in pro football is the equivalent of the Mariners. The front office of the world champions is the equivalent of a CEO that drives a company into the ground.

That is the problem with this country. False equivalency. You see this failed argument everywhere, about most everything. People seem to fall for it though.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":vd68xhui said:
Ad Hawk":vd68xhui said:

Yeah, I found that one of the more interesting parts of his presser. He basically said that nobody on the outside realizes just how much Bevell does to mask our inefficacies on offense.

This might be correct. The problem is all around. For instance, if Russell misread a play then the play might be done. If an o-lineman miss an assignment or block, the play is done. If a WR ran the wrong route the play is done. I think that has been our thing. We got new guys/rookies coming in and they have to learn their position as well. If they make a mistake it looks bad on the offense. Even Russell was saying that the miscue is because the execution wasn't there. Everyone has to be almost perfect on every play or else some of the plays doesn't work.

But at the same time it doesn't excuse Bevell of some of the 3rd and 1 passing attempt, i rather have Will or Lynch gets that. Bevell does have some predictable play but we could also address those might be the low risk plays Pete wants.

Anyone know if Bevell runs more exotic plays when he was with the Vikings or did Favre just do his thing on the field?

olyfan63

Reaction score
We would miss Bevell. I hope we keep him. When he has stability he does a very good job. Yes, he has an occasional off game or head-scratcher play call. He doesn't always have a lot to work with. He's done an overall great job this season, with many challenges to cope with, PH situation being one of them.