Bevell and Cable

CHawk

Reaction score
This is not a bash Bevell/Cable thread, but I'm wondering why they are not getting any interviews for the head coaching jobs that opened up? Seems like they aren't getting any interest like past years.

I know they drive people nuts on here, but surprised that they are not in the mix.

kjreid

Reaction score
I am sure once Seattle is done on Feb 8th that they will be allow to be interviewed.

sutz

Reaction score
From the bashing you hear around here, this surprises you?

:laugh:

OP
OP
CHawk

CHawk

Reaction score
sutz":1bgux8wr said:
From the bashing you hear around here, this surprises you?

:laugh:

It does! Everyone knows that all the other GM'S and owners read .net. :sarcasm_on:

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Last year Quinn had to wait.

That's probably become a standing order/request for Seahawks assistants and coordinators.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Look at the rules for interviewing coaches under contract and you will see that Bevell and Cable were not eligible to be interviewed.

Coaches under contract to playoff teams without a bye week can only be interviewed during the week following the wildcard game. Interviews must take place in the home city of the interviewee (Seattle in this case) and the interviewee's team determines which day the interview(s) may occur.

The interviewee is not allowed to participate in followup interviews until after his team is eliminated from the playoffs or until the bye week preceding the Superb Owl for coaches of the teams that make it there.

Coaches of teams who enjoy the Wildcard bye may be interviewed in the week leading up to the Wildcard game.

Cable and Bevell were not eligible for interviews until this week, and if a team wanted to interview them, they would have to do so in Seattle on a day of the Seahawks choosing.

Likely, if Bevell and Cable are being considered for head coaching spots, they won't be interviewed until the bye week preceding the trip to Santa Clara.

- bsd

Ozzy

Reaction score
If Bevell was one of the Best OC's in the league we would be hearing his name brought up as someone other teams want. This board is filled with over the top hate for Bevell AND over the top praise for Bevell. The truth probably lies somewhere in the middle. For what it's worth I'm expecting a great game plan this weekend. :)

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I prefer Bev to continue being the right fit here for success and the further development of Russ. This was a difficult, but important, year in the furthering of that progression. I like what we've become.

Torc

Reaction score
Smellyman":3tokdoxb said:
Bevell was denied interviewing for BYU

If I understand it correctly, Bevell was not on BYU's short list because he would have had to leave the Seahawks during the season - recruiting for college is in full swing. He was not available to do so, so BYU chose to remove him from their list.

Pete has always been very supportive of his staff improving themselves and their job situation.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Could easily ask why Josh McDaniels isn't at NE or the Bengals defensive coordinator.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2l4oe7b7 said:
I prefer Bev to continue being the right fit here for success and the further development of Russ. This was a difficult, but important, year in the furthering of that progression. I like what we've become.

As much as I find fault with Bevell at times there is no denying he's done some great things as well and it seems like RW and him are a good pair.

OP
OP
CHawk

CHawk

Reaction score
austinslater25":12sdnnkl said:
Siouxhawk":12sdnnkl said:

As much as I find fault with Bevell at times there is no denying he's done some great things as well and it seems like RW and him are a good pair.

I forgot they had been contacted on the bye week last year, and I agree Bevell and Wilson working together. Be careful what we wish for, it could turn out biting us in the butt.