Bennett Re-signed with Seahawks 4 years 28.5mil!

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Exittium":csid2fkj said:
Gotta love the posters here. You got the realists, the hopefuls, the doubters. I'll admit I'm happy but doubted to prepare myself for him leaving. However you Hollier then thou warriors calling the doubters and what not out need to take a chill pill and stop stiring the pot
I will say this off season has for sure been a reminder I need fine tune my ignore list

Huge difference between doubting and calling a guy who was a big factor in our SB run a greedy idiot. I'm sure you can tell the difference.

Laloosh

Reaction score
seahawksny":u6vnb1g6 said:
Just hope he doesnt dog it now that he got his ring and his money
it was a contract year. keep that in mind.

Party. Pooper.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
7 million per is what i thought he would sign for at first but with the Bears offer I had given up that thought. I'm surprised he signed for that after stating he wasn't giving home town discounts. Sounds like it was positioning for a better offer is all.

Dtowers

Reaction score
seahawksny":1xpfex0o said:
Just hope he doesnt dog it now that he got his ring and his money
it was a contract year. keep that in mind.

You think anyone on this team would let him dog it?

jblaze

Reaction score
We be stealin @ 7.125m/yr. Front loaded so we have money for RW next year!

Turns out this is Costco!

davidonmi

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":1mrekgsz said:
Bennett will make $28.5 million over four years. He gets $10 million in 2014, $16 million through the first two years, and $21 million over three.

Of the total, $16 million is guaranteed. It’s unclear how much is fully guaranteed beyond the first year.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... her-teams/

Gettin paid right away. That helps in the future when the real big contracts are due
there's no way, 28 million?
It is florio so we'll wait and see

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
amill87":2ndao9ct said:
I don't know much about NFL contracts.

Does this mean that after two years, we could cut/trade Bennett for no penalty to the cap since he is only guaranteed 16 mil?

How exactly does the per year figure factor into everything? Can it be whatever the GM wants it to be? Just as long as the player gets the guaranteed?

If so, what a move by Schneider. Get the production for the next few years and can free up cap space if we absolutely have to keep the core together.
It's too early to tell.

We haven't heard about a signing bonus yet. I'm sure there will be one. Whatever the amount, he'll get that money immediately and then the cap hit for the signing bonus is spread evening over the term of the contract.

We need more details to know anything more at this point.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
We don't really know if he took a big discount. Any offer that Chicago gave him is from unverified sources and was likely inflated from the real number. Wouldn't surprise me if he took a little less, though.

drdiags

Reaction score
I guess I will look to see what Brian McIntyre posts. He is dead on with the details of these contracts. So now they are talking about $28M vs $34M vs some other team besides the Bears that offered much more than the Seahawks. Will have to see what is happening when things slow down.

But if the latest numbers are true, those wishing for a "hometown discount" may have gotten through to that greedy joker (smile, j/k).

jblaze

Reaction score
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 3m

#Seahawks DE Michael Bennett’s contract: 4 years for $28.5M with $10M coming in 2014. $16M over 2 years, $21M over 3. $16M guaranteed.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
This contract appears to be highly favorable to the Seahawks going forward. Thank you Michael! Apparently we were worthy of a discount. I hope he continues to play at an extremely high level and scores some endorsements. He deserves it.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Aw yea! This is good news, especially how it's structured.

And bear in mind, "taking less money" to play in Seattle is only taking less money if it's less after the taxes they'd have to pay elsewhere. Hometown/Super Bowl shot discount or no, this is good, good news.

Sac

Reaction score
How I imagine the conversation went.

JS: Mike, we want you to stay. Our offer is a little less per year, but the guarantee is good, and it's front loaded. Oh and by the way, get that shoulder fixed. We have the depth to get you rested and well, so you don't get run down playing every snap like you would elsewhere. Your health is important to us.

jblaze

Reaction score
4m cap hit year 1, awesome! Great for the Hawks, will allow us to extend Thomas and maybe Sherman too!