Belichick On Wilson: I don’t see anybody better

toffee

Reaction score
massari":28zlmkya said:
[youtube]TQU6VR0duWI[/youtube]
From the best coach in the league! Trade value sky rocketed after the praising, all the way to 5 first rounds last off-season. Too bad NE didn't have 5 first, so they settled for Marc Jones.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

iigakusei

Reaction score
That video is from the beginning of 2020 season, so not sure what relevance it has to being posted now.

seabowl

Reaction score
Belicheck says this about every opponent. Heck he’d make LJ Collier sound like Bruce Smith.

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
That was last year before teams started dropping D lineman into coverage and beating us with a 3 man pass rush. Wilson didn't recognize the new wrinkle and it had an effect on his interceptions especially in the playoffs. The Rams didn't even play all that great we had ample opportunity to win and failed to execute.

What I see with him now is hesitancy sometimes over the middle. Instead of throwing into coverage we need to play better football on early down situations. It leads to extended drives. Is it the play calling? not really. We need better execution and that means in the trenches as well as the quarterback position. I have a feeling now with a healthy Penny you'll see an amped up running game and more options for Russ.

OP
OP
M

massari

Reaction score
iigakusei":38h1zbc5 said:
That video is from the beginning of 2020 season, so not sure what relevance it has to being posted now.
You're not sure what relevance it has, even though this was only 1 year ago where the GOAT HC was saying this about the Seahawks QB. You know the one where half of Seahawks fans want this guy gone and was never very good?

You'd make a great detective, Sherlock.

OP
OP
M

massari

Reaction score
seabowl":si5jj0r2 said:
Belicheck says this about every opponent. Heck he’d make LJ Collier sound like Bruce Smith.
Post a link. I'll wait to see

ArlosSpecial":si5jj0r2 said:
That was last year before teams started dropping D lineman into coverage and beating us with a 3 man pass rush. Wilson didn't recognize the new wrinkle and it had an effect on his interceptions especially in the playoffs. The Rams didn't even play all that great we had ample opportunity to win and failed to execute.

What I see with him now is hesitancy sometimes over the middle. Instead of throwing into coverage we need to play better football on early down situations. It leads to extended drives. Is it the play calling? not really. We need better execution and that means in the trenches as well as the quarterback position. I have a feeling now with a healthy Penny you'll see an amped up running game and more options for Russ.
Wow your football IQ is off the charts. Never heard this narrative before.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Belichick recognizes it, but half this board still wants Geno Smith to start. Lol.

Rat

Reaction score
Standard Belichick answer. OP apparently hasn't followed anything outside Seattle in the past 20 years.

OP
OP
M

massari

Reaction score
Rat":3k8f9gia said:
Standard Belichick answer. OP apparently hasn't followed anything outside Seattle in the past 20 years.
Since an earlier poster failed to provide an example, please find a BB quote stating something along the lines of "I don't see anybody better than this player"

I'll wait for it

OP
OP
M

massari

Reaction score
massari":33ywndxg said:
Rat":33ywndxg said:
Since an earlier poster failed to provide an example, please find a BB quote stating something along the lines of "I don't see anybody better than this player"

I'll wait for it
1681618678675518.jpg

John63

Reaction score
It is amazing how the haters can post something from a year or so ago and they believe it but when someone else does it nope can't believe it. Hypocrisy thy name is Wilson haters.

Rat

Reaction score
John63":10rg3s27 said:
It is amazing how the haters can post something from a year or so ago and they believe it but when someone else does it nope can't believe it. Hypocrisy thy name is Wilson haters.
I think Wilson is great. I'm concerned that his salary makes him nearly impossible for a team with so many holes to build around, but he's a fantastic QB; probably top 20 all time if he retires today.

But yeah, I dont think Belichick honestly believes that Russ is the best QB in the entire league. If he ever decides to elaborate (unlikely), Ill have no problem eating crow. He just gives whatever answer will end the conversation fastest.

OP
OP
M

massari

Reaction score
seabowl":3cn3um9s said:
Rat":3cn3um9s said:
Rat's frantic search has ended. It's up to you, seabowl to provide some BB quotes.

1681618678675518.jpg

OP
OP
M

massari

Reaction score
Rat":159me2rd said:
But yeah, I dont think Belichick honestly believes that Russ is the best QB in the entire league. If he ever decides to elaborate (unlikely), Ill have no problem eating crow. He just gives whatever answer will end the conversation fastest.
Please post an example of BB going on about a player for 2 min to end the conversation fastest saying "I don’t see anybody better than this player"

Rat is having issues backing up his words it seems

Rat

Reaction score
Dude, calm down. I'm on mobile. A two-second Google search found these:

Here's Belichick talking up the 0-8 Jets last year.

https://twitter.com/MMehtaSports/status ... 89155?s=20

He said this last season about George Kittle: “I don’t think there’s a tight end in the league — and we’ve seen a lot of good ones and had a lot of good ones — but I don’t think there’s anybody in the league that does everything overall as well as he does. He just really doesn’t have any weak points at all. Just outstanding at every phase of the game.”

Just last week he called Kliff Kingsbury the best coach in the league. I'm sure I'll find many more when I can search later. It's what he does: he's terse and praises his opponents. I dont take anything he says at 100% face value.

OP
OP
M

massari

Reaction score
Rat":yg6s5glu said:
Dude, calm down. I'm on mobile. A two-second Google search found these:

Here's Belichick talking up the 0-8 Jets last year.

https://twitter.com/MMehtaSports/status ... 89155?s=20

He said this last season about George Kittle: “I don’t think there’s a tight end in the league — and we’ve seen a lot of good ones and had a lot of good ones — but I don’t think there’s anybody in the league that does everything overall as well as he does. He just really doesn’t have any weak points at all. Just outstanding at every phase of the game.”

Just last week he called Kliff Kingsbury the best coach in the league. I'm sure I'll find many more when I can search later. It's what he does: he's terse and praises his opponents. I dont take anything he says at 100% face value.
And you believe these comment are inaccurate? Kittle is the best all around TE.

Where's his comment making an LJ Collier sound like Bruce Smith? Where does he say "I don't see anybody better" about a QB?

He thinks Wilson and Kittle are the best at their positions. So outrageous!

Rat

Reaction score
Here's the text of the tweet I linked earlier:

Manish Mehta

@MMehtaSports

Bill Belichick on 0-8 Jets: “I think they’ve played very competitively. The offense is improved... They get a little better each week.”

Jets have 7 offensive TDs in 8 games
Average margin of defeat: 18 pts
No TDs in last 97 minutes, 22 secs

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
massari":2wcavpuu said:
seabowl":2wcavpuu said:
Post a link. I'll wait to see

ArlosSpecial":2wcavpuu said:

Wow your football IQ is off the charts. Never heard this narrative before.
Well what are you trying to say that Wilson is a great quarterback? Of course he is. He doesn't need validation he's a hall of fame quarterback. He's been going through a rough patch with the interceptions and the injury and trade speculation but he's improving with each game. We're allowed to critique his play and discuss his future with rationale and objectivity in here. It certainly isn't hate guy. Take a seat :rumble:

Rat

Reaction score
Here's him talking up Jameis Winston:

“He’s a really good quarterback,” Belichick said Wednesday, via Ryan Hannable of WEEI. “He threw for 5,000 yards in Tampa, so it’s not like this guy hasn’t been productive. He’s big. He’s strong. He’s accurate. He’s got good touch on the ball. The offense that he ran in Tampa was a lot different than the offense he’s running in New Orleans. But fundamentally this is a big strong guy who can throw the ball accurately. He’s very good down the field. He’s a tough guy to tackle. He’s strong in the pocket. He can make every throw on the field. He’s pretty good.”

I'm not even claiming he thinks Russ is bad or anything. I just said I dont put too much stock into his comments because he says these kind of things about everyone. It's all gamesmanship to him.

Latest posts