Bear's Den -- Week #4

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Bears Den – Giants Week #4

I thought this might be one of the few games the Bears might win this season. We kept it close, but no cigar. Most Bears fans blame the coaches for calling an ultra-conservative red zone offense, running the ball instead of passing. Four FGs is not going to win games. We need to go all-in for the TD in the red zone.

All you guys who are already calling Fields a “bust” don’t understand that he is playing with holes in the offensive line and only Mooney as a legitimate NFL receiver. Nevertheless, on plays where he had a clean pocket, he was 11-14 and a 90 QBR.

The Bears offensive line is weak in the same areas as the Seahawks – center and guard. A QBs worst nightmare is rush coming right up the middle, and that’s what we have. Cody Whitehair went down with a knee injury.

The other HUGE problem is the rushing defense. If you think the Seahawks are bad against the run (they are), you should see the Bears. We are giving up 183 yards per game – by far worst in the league. This is thanks to Poles tearing down the front-7 to create $100 million in cap space for 2023. But, as I like to say, money never blocked or tackled anybody.

My two cents on Geno. He is playing lights out right now, and if this continues, I will have second thoughts about drafting a QB in 2023. Seahawks might hold off for another year and focus on shoring up the offensive line and the defensive line – both need it.