Baldwin on Russell “Untapped Potential & Room to Improve”

McGruff

Reaction score
Of course its acceptable to want to see more.

And it's acceptable for me to point out that they need to see more because they lack vision.

I dont mean eyesight. I mean foresight.

And even if Mahomes never eclipsed last year, he can still be one of the greatest ever.

Look at Dan Marino.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
ApnaHawk":3tov7egu said:
A-rod, Mahomes and brees are better then Russ. I wouldn’t take any other web over him. A few years ago, Brady for sure but not now.

To me, Mahomes is already the best qb in the league. It’s not even close. He’s an absolute monster. I think with the untapped potential Doug is referring to our style of offense. We don’t run an air raid we friendly offense, I am confused at the last bit when he mentions 1-2-3, I believe he’s talking about championships - maybe someone else can chime in

Um, it was ONE year. Let's hold off on anointing him The Second Coming until we can see him do it for several years in a row. Russ has earned my respect in that regard. While I am a fan of Mahomes - and his MVP season was a joy to watch - he needs to show that type of ability year after year. I cannot STAND the narrative that Mahomes - with one whole season under his belt - is superior to Wilson. Give me a break. As if Wilson hasn't been breaking NFL records his whole career.

:34853_doh:

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
McGruff":3rg90amd said:
Of course its acceptable to want to see more.

And it's acceptable for me to point out that they need to see more because they lack vision.

I dont mean eyesight. I mean foresight.

And even if Mahomes never eclipsed last year, he can still be one of the greatest ever.

Look at Dan Marino.

I have foresight enough to envision Mahomes continuing to excel, and I can envision him regressing a bit. Both take little imagination, just the perspective that comes from history and experience watching the league.

Foresight works both ways, as nobody here is a certified future-teller, that I know of.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Aros":24pb09dr said:
ApnaHawk":24pb09dr said:
A-rod, Mahomes and brees are better then Russ. I wouldn’t take any other web over him. A few years ago, Brady for sure but not now.

To me, Mahomes is already the best qb in the league. It’s not even close. He’s an absolute monster. I think with the untapped potential Doug is referring to our style of offense. We don’t run an air raid we friendly offense, I am confused at the last bit when he mentions 1-2-3, I believe he’s talking about championships - maybe someone else can chime in

Um, it was ONE year. Let's hold off on anointing him The Second Coming until we can see him do it for several years in a row. Russ has earned my respect in that regard. While I am a fan of Mahomes - and his MVP season was a joy to watch - he needs to show that type of ability year after year. I cannot STAND the narrative that Mahomes - with one whole season under his belt - is superior to Wilson. Give me a break. As if Wilson hasn't been breaking NFL records his whole career.

:34853_doh:

Another QB who was anointed before showing sustained success was Kaepernick. After essentially one unstoppable playoff game, he was labeled by many as a top 5 QB. Garropolo is another example. Heading into last year before his injury I saw a few lists that had him top 10 after a nice 7 game stretch to end the 2017 season. The jury is still out on him. The point is, there have always been guys who have flashed early and gained a following as the next great thing only to not be able to attain success. We will see about Mahomes. It’s a little early in his career to say he’s the best.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
ApnaHawk":2cne2fbo said:

He didn't look like the best QB in the league in the AFC Championship game. He looked confused, frustrated and pedestrian.

"Best" is a very subjective word. But my best is simple, win.....and no QB in the league wins more than Brady, he's currently the best.

Potential? Who would I start my franchise with? Electric? Sure, Mahomes is all of these. But he's not the best yet, he hasn't earned that superlative.

Seymour

Reaction score
Baldwin is trolling...nothin' new to see here. I noticed he also put on the phony glasses like Nate Burleson and other wanna be TV celebs have tried to pull of for some silly reason too. :roll: :pukeface:

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I don't see where Doug was negative towards Russ on that at all. For one thing, he could barely get a word in during that clip. I don't see untapped potential and room to improve as shade.

chris98251

Reaction score
Some of you are going to have problems walking later in life if you don't get off your knees and stop slobbering all over Mahomes. He is a product of Reid's offense, McNabb was a product of Reid's offense, people are still wiping their face off after slobbering all over him for years till the playoffs came and they were knocked out year after year.

Alex Smith did pretty well in that offense also after most said bust bust bust.

For all the success in KC / Philly how many Championships for these anointed ones?

McGruff

Reaction score
If you cant watch Mahomes and see that there is a clear difference between him and Kaeperniick and Smith and McNabb, I don't know what else to say.

McGruff

Reaction score
Seymour":1ur3nv41 said:
Baldwin is trolling...nothin' new to see here. I noticed he also put on the phony glasses like Nate Burleson and other wanna be TV celebs have tried to pull of for some silly reason too. :roll: :pukeface:

I've watched it three times now, and have yet to disco er this mystical slight of Wilson.

Y'all are projecting something that isnt there.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
People here don't just make mountains out of molehills, they make the Himalayas out of them.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":2ag7shd0 said:
People here don't just make mountains out of molehills, they make the Himalayas out of them.

Especially regarding Russ. Insanely strange how hard some of us look to seek out "disrespect" towards our QB.

Let him be who he is. The entire world doesn't have to agree that he is a top whatever QB.

It just doesn't matter.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
McGruff":235lj81u said:
Seymour":235lj81u said:

I've watched it three times now, and have yet to disco er this mystical slight of Wilson.

Y'all are projecting something that isnt there.
I think that projection comes from ADB not sounding as confident in his compliments as most would like to see. They want conviction in his tone and they want to see him demand that Wilson is better than they say.

I would have like to have seen that too. But I also had no problem with what he said or anyone else in that clip. I especially liked the ‘deer in headlight’ comment about Rivers. It was nice to see an honest critique on PR rather than the usual slobberfest of compliments.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2e6fwp9l said:
ApnaHawk":2e6fwp9l said:

He didn't look like the best QB in the league in the AFC Championship game. He looked confused, frustrated and pedestrian.

"Best" is a very subjective word. But my best is simple, win.....and no QB in the league wins more than Brady, he's currently the best.

Potential? Who would I start my franchise with? Electric? Sure, Mahomes is all of these. But he's not the best yet, he hasn't earned that superlative.
I agree with how you see it..Brady is number one until someone
else can win multiple SB's..
On a side note to you 5-6 people that seem to jump everytime I post
something you don't like about RW..I never jumped on the Mahomes
fan wagon and I sure as hell don't have him higher than RW.
Reasons being pretty much what Aros and Chris have posted.

John63

Reaction score
McGruff":3t005vnw said:
You lack vision.

Mahomes looked like a total stud coming out of college.

Hes just getting started.

IT snot a lack of vision it is intelligence I know that only fool anoints someone based on 1 year.

Luck was anointed has not done much
RG3 was anointed now what
Leaf
Russell

I can go on and on. Yes Mahomes had a good year with superior talent. Now do it a few years in a row, and then I might anoint him. A mark of any good player is not how he performs when all is good, but when things are bad.