Away Field Advantage

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Am I the only one that feels more confident this season that we’re more likely to win on the road than at home?

You would think that a team in a rainy city would be used to the rain, and able to dominate accordingly. But it seems to me that, especially with our team being so offensively dependent these days, our chances are much weaker at home.

In the past, a perfect offensive performance wasn’t required because the defense played well enough. Now, with a shaky defense I’m not so sure.

Think about all of the games we’ve “struggled” in this year. The Bengals, the Saints, the Ravens. All rainy games. Fumbling, players slipping on turf, Russell not making the usual sharp throws we’re used to seeing, even with his big hands.

I look at the rest of our schedule, and I’m strangely more confident in a road game against the Niners, Eagles, and Panthers than I am against the Vikings, Bucs, or any of our home games. Calling an away game an advantage sounds a bit like an oxymoron but I trust this team way more in non-wet conditions.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
History does not support a long term belief this situation will continue. It's been nice the team seems less concerned with away games than the used to be in the past, but a reversion to the median is more than likely. Let's hope it continues through the SF and LA away games before the reversion happens.

OP
OP
Scorpion05

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Perhaps not over the long term, but we have seen teams have an entire season of being better on the road. My general point is, we play well in better weather conditions. And almost every poor game we’ve had in the past and present seems to happen in the rain

sutz

Reaction score
Weather won't be a problem today. :0190l:

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Neither will be motivation either as the team played poorly at home against Baltimore and they need to make up for the 2nd half against Atl.

THE TABS

Reaction score
My theory is that, on the road, we are more willing to pass to set up the run, while at home, we get too conservative and run to set up the pass.

Chris Carson is NOT our best player; Russ is our best player. You run your offense through HIM, not Carson.