Artificial noise, good luck!

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
I was just reading somewhere else that the Eagles are practicing with loud speakers and that Wentz doesn't believe the noise will affect him! LOL, haven't we heard this before? And has it ever gone well when a QB says it won't affect him! Oh how I hope the entire Eagles team is thinking alike because if so, they'll be in for a long day!

Polaris

Reaction score
It's not a bad idea to practice with noise in order to get used to silent counts and the like. That said, Wentz is in for a baptism by fire. There simply isn't any artificial noise or preparation that truly prepares you for the crushing reality of Century Link.

So yeah, I am chuckling a little as well.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I bet they were cranking "Desperado" on an endless loop.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2z2x0eec said:
I bet they were cranking "Desperado" on an endless loop.

I like our chances...they probably got nothing done during the week.

Zztiym

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
During the time in between plays at the NEW ORLEANS game, they piped in loud music and sometimes it went into the game during the hiking of the ball on the Seahawks side....But I was there and it never happened. :?

Oh, sometimes after 3rd down, they would print that it was a fan participation penalty.....but I was there and it never happened. :?

Mtgriz2244

Reaction score
He has played in Washington Grizzly stadium, which is one of the loudest in FCS. So he has a bit of experience playing in a loud venue. Although Century Link is a big step up no matter what, so I agree it will be a bit of a struggle when he steps out in front of all the twelves and receives his due welcome!

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Mtgriz2244":3lwr20nk said:
He has played in Washington Grizzly stadium, which is one of the loudest in FCS. So he has a bit of experience playing in a loud venue. Although Century Link is a big step up no matter what, so I agree it will be a bit of a struggle when he steps out in front of all the twelves and receives his due welcome!
And if memory serves ... HE LOST in Washington Grizzly Stadium!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Wentz is a rookie, but he reminds me of Russell as a rookie, very composed beyond his years.

As much as I'd like to think the crowd noise will rattle Wentz, I don't think it'll be that big of a factor. Teams have been very adept at countering the Clink crowd noise with silent counts and hand signals.

The good news is Peterson hasn't met a 4th down he didn't love to go for it on, so we can count on some boneheaded coaching decisions from him.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Wentz is a good player with a bright future in front of him.

He's a smart young man too. If the Eagles lose, I doubt it was because of him.

andyh64000

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":1usr0j30 said:
During the time in between plays at the NEW ORLEANS game, they piped in loud music and sometimes it went into the game during the hiking of the ball on the Seahawks side....But I was there and it never happened. :?

Oh, sometimes after 3rd down, they would print that it was a fan participation penalty.....but I was there and it never happened. :?

I was wondering about that too. The music was much louder than the crowd and they would play until after the Seahawks lined up to snap the ball. Is that really legal?

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
andyh64000":1urihxc6 said:
Seahawkfan80":1urihxc6 said:

I was wondering about that too. The music was much louder than the crowd and they would play until after the Seahawks lined up to snap the ball. Is that really legal?
Yeah, I didn't get the part about the fan participation penalty. Was there a penalty?

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Good.

Teams always seem to play worse when they "prepare" for the noise.

It's been a while since I've felt like the noise truly was a factor in the outcome of a game. Not because it hasn't been as loud (despite the complaints of a few seahawk fans after EVERY game) but I think teams are just better prepared for it.

Seems to me like when teams make a big deal of it and disrupt their own practice routines because of it, that ends up costing them more.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":w6w3vp8m said:
andyh64000":w6w3vp8m said:
Seahawkfan80":w6w3vp8m said:

Yeah, I didn't get the part about the fan participation penalty. Was there a penalty?

I believe there was one penalty for delay of game. I think the Hawks used a timeout too....and they considered that a situational thing coming off third down.

Outside noises like music or external noisemakers are illegal. That was one of the gists of the problems with the Cheathawks. We pipe in noise...and it did not happen as we are loud. Both times in Az, we were louder than the local snowbirds.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1gsle1r5 said:
As much as I'd like to think the crowd noise will rattle Wentz, I don't think it'll be that big of a factor. Teams have been very adept at countering the Clink crowd noise with silent counts and hand signals.

I have to agree. While there's no question CLink is by far the loudest stadium in the NFL and the 12's are the loudest fans in the NFL - and it's not even close - I've noticed a lot of teams in recent years finding success even in the storm of noise. Silent counts and hand signals have been the weaponry of choice for opponents and by-and-large it's been met with success.

We still cause all kinds of fits to be sure, but the trend of teams coming in here and still being able to run their offenses with success (to a degree) has been an an uptick the past three or four years.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
It wasn't to long ago in a neutral battlefield that noise effected a future HOF player on the first play of the game.

lobohawk

Reaction score
Aros":3403yn5s said:
Sgt. Largent":3403yn5s said:

I have to agree. While there's no question CLink is by far the loudest stadium in the NFL and the 12's are the loudest fans in the NFL - and it's not even close - I've noticed a lot of teams in recent years finding success even in the storm of noise. Silent counts and hand signals have been the weaponry of choice for opponents and by-and-large it's been met with success.

We still cause all kinds of fits to be sure, but the trend of teams coming in here and still being able to run their offenses with success (to a degree) has been an an uptick the past three or four years.

This. Have seen the same for a bit. Tyrod Taylor sure didn't.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Bobblehead":32g62qwx said:
It wasn't to long ago in a neutral battlefield that noise effected a future HOF player on the first play of the game.

And what was the first thing that future HOF said to his center when he got back to the sideline? He said "should have gone with the silent count."

NO offense comes in here anymore without silent counts and hand signals.

Mtgriz2244

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2gh86v61 said:
Mtgriz2244":2gh86v61 said:
And if memory serves ... HE LOST in Washington Grizzly Stadium!

He sure did! But that was a damn good game. I'll settle for that same type of result again this weekend. A very good game with the Eagles going down in the end.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Were talking about a ROOKIE here making only his 10th start. Nowhere near the experience of Tyrod Taylor, and light years away from Manning . He can say the noise wont affect him all he wants, but the simple fact that they are prepping for it tells me its already in their heads. If they weren't worried about it, they wouldn't be practicing in it.