Article: Rawls was real deal in 2015

OP
OP
Laloosh

Laloosh

Reaction score
It took a lot of restraint for me not to gush about Rawls earlier in the year. Bit of a sensitive subject with Lynch and whatnot but I find myself being very optimistic about where our run game goes with him in the backfield.

BullHawk33

Reaction score
I remain in the reserved camp as far as Rawls in concerned. I was really happy with how he played and love the kids attitude, but just not ready to anoint him the second coming of Lynch quite yet. I really hope he is the solution you all think he is. That would be one more home run for the Schneider/Carroll team on a player nobody else looked at and key to our continued success.

Now if we could only hit on an offensive lineman....

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
I would love to see Jackson back as a third down back. He is great out of the backfield, and a very competent blocker. Especially for under a million dollars. That is of course if we can't get forte, but with the cap situation, I don't really see that happening. We need to restructure a few contracts and spread some money out or something. I have faith the front office will figure it out. If we could get Jackson for under a mill, and draft that kid Keith marshall out of georgia, assuming he can stay healthy, we would have a great backfield for a couple of million. Then we could focus more money elsewhere. If you haven't watched some film on marshall, I suggest you do. He has unlimited possibility and because of the devalued running back and his injury history, might be a mid round to late round steal. And I must say, if you don't know how physical rawls is, you didn't watch closely enough. Not to put you down, but that was one of his biggest assests. They called him mini beastmode when he was still in college. Go back and watch the Pittsburgh game where he plowed a 300 pound lineman and 200 and something pound linebacker stacked together into the endzone. Pretty impressive I must say. He had 44 yards on the first possession of the game he got injured in. And they were all chunk yardage, not just one long run. He is the real deal, and cheap for a few years.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I was fully on board the Rawls bandwagon but over the last few days I've been watching some of the games back and he seems a bit boom and bust to me. When things are going well he looks unstoppable but there are also times when defenses seem to have him figured out. This can even be apparent in the same game. I saw a few games where Rawls seemed to start strong and then seemingly get worked out.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it?

Overseasfan

Reaction score
It's not like 2015 was the first season Rawls showed he could ball. He was a unanimous all-state selection and league mvp in high school. He then went to Michigan and had a solid showing as a true freshman. He was severely underutilized in his Sophomore and especially his Junior year. Whenever he got a shot he played really well but he simply didn't get enough carries. He transferred to CMU for his senior season and went over 1000 yards and 10 TDs in only 7 games due to missing games due to suspension (2) and injury (4). And we all know what he did in his rookie season in the NFL. Gaining 876 yards from scrimmage (830 rush/46 pass) with 5 TDs (4 rush/1 pass), leading the league in rushing average with 5.6 and breaking the single game yardage record by a rookie for the Seahawks (209) while not even playing all games.

He has great straight line speed, has no problems with making defenders miss and loves to initiate contact. He's truely Beast Mode Jr. Last year showed he has both a high floor and a high ceiling. The only thing I'm worried about is him staying healthy as this is the second year in a row where he missed games due to injury but as long as he is able to play all games he'll make the Pro Bowl for sure.