Arizona Game, January 3rd, Anyone Going?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
12thbrah":2rfc9hyk said:
The big topic of discussion on AZ sports radio today was how Cardinals fans have not been representing well in their own stadium. Last thursdays game apparently half the crowd was Vikings fans. I'm sure it will be the same for the Green Bay and Seattle games as well. Can't wait. 12s are gonna represent.

First half or second half??? Seems like in the 3rd to 4th quarter, the side opposite us was fading away.....Or was it they were flying away before the traffic got too harsh at night.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Does anyone know if we are locked into the afternoon game by Fox? Where would one find this out???

ringless

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":zhh8mjpt said:
12thbrah":zhh8mjpt said:
The big topic of discussion on AZ sports radio today was how Cardinals fans have not been representing well in their own stadium. Last thursdays game apparently half the crowd was Vikings fans. I'm sure it will be the same for the Green Bay and Seattle games as well. Can't wait. 12s are gonna represent.

First half or second half??? Seems like in the 3rd to 4th quarter, the side opposite us was fading away.....Or was it they were flying away before the traffic got too harsh at night.

The Vikings game was not even close to half and half. At most 10-15% Vikings fans.

The issue is is that here we have a lot of people that come from those areas for winter. Or have winter homes. Arians was made because everyone is reselling their tickets to Packer fans. My friend who has a pair of season tickets just sold his face value tickets that are normally $82 for $450 each. The ticket broker sites are saying that the tickets are being gobbled up at these high prices by out of town buyers. Arians is mad and said that the fans shouldn't be selling their tickets for a profit. The combination of the people from up North being here, and the high profits are what the issue is.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Ruminator":3encmfr8 said:
Shoot, this could prove to be another epic shoot-out with several lead changes similar to the Stealers game.
That's my bet. Hopefully we come out on top this time.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
I hope to make it. I have a ticket promised to me if I can get off the pot and make a flipping decision.

Tbone

Reaction score
Suprising my wife and 10yr old son with a trip to Arizona for the game. Actually suprising them a trip to see my in laws but since they live down there we might as well go to the game too :D The family has been to home games as we have season tickets but neither of them have been to a away game so it should be fun. We are in Sec 122.

jacobsod

Reaction score
LudwigsDrummer":1mjuhnib said:
I hope to make it. I have a ticket promised to me if I can get off the pot and make a flipping decision.

Get off the pot then and come join us! 8)

Always good to see so many of us representing in Glendale. :tardssmall:

rideaducati

Reaction score
That game will be worse than a preseason game. I wouldn't waste the time or money to attend it. Tarvaris vs whoever the cards backup is these days... No thanks.

marko358

Reaction score
rideaducati":3k8sd5pv said:
That game will be worse than a preseason game. I wouldn't waste the time or money to attend it. Tarvaris vs whoever the cards backup is these days... No thanks.

Even if both teams go with starters I can't help but to think that they'll each use a simplified playbook as to not give insight into playoff game plans.

jacobsod

Reaction score
rideaducati":77t78wr4 said:

BAH! I'll agree to disagree. :p Some of us don't get to go to very many games at all so even if it's T-Jack all dang day it'll still be fun! Might be easier to get a autograph for my son!

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
jacobsod":2a20t1ju said:
rideaducati":2a20t1ju said:

BAH! I'll agree to disagree. :p Some of us don't get to go to very many games at all so even if it's T-Jack all dang day it'll still be fun! Might be easier to get a autograph for my son!

One less 12 there, more opportunities for us....After all it is all about US now. Pffffffft. :twisted:

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
ringless":37pbj2e5 said:
Seahawkfan80":37pbj2e5 said:
12thbrah":37pbj2e5 said:

The Vikings game was not even close to half and half. At most 10-15% Vikings fans.

The issue is is that here we have a lot of people that come from those areas for winter. Or have winter homes. Arians was made because everyone is reselling their tickets to Packer fans. My friend who has a pair of season tickets just sold his face value tickets that are normally $82 for $450 each. The ticket broker sites are saying that the tickets are being gobbled up at these high prices by out of town buyers. Arians is mad and said that the fans shouldn't be selling their tickets for a profit. The combination of the people from up North being here, and the high profits are what the issue is.

What I found very humorous on the broadcast was the after-the-game commentators that face the stands on a stage and talk to a selected player or two. Everyone now is trying to emulate what the Seahawks fans have been doing the last few years, especially on the road, with a huge raucous crowd chanting and cheering during the broadcast. So far other teams haven't come close to matching the 12's effort.... cut to Arizona's win over the Vikings... at their own house... all 10 AZ fans that hung-out tried their best to bring the noise. LOL

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Thought I would bump this again since it is that final week thingy.

Go Hawks.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I'm going. Went there last year, too, although the game this year has a quite different feel to it than last season's trip to the desert as both teams are likely to empty their benches early and get ready for the playoffs. Not much on the line for either team this year.

We're also going to the Fiesta Bowl on NYD in the same venue.

Look for me. We'll probably hit McFadden's before and/or after the game. I'll be wearing a white Seahawks baseball cap... old man style with the bill forward.... and a #12 blue game jersey with the name "River Dog" proudly displayed on the back. Anyone that approaches me and identifies themselves as a .Net poster I'll gladly buy them a beverage of their choice.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Arizona Sea Hawkers......... I will find out what The Kilt has going....There is a Party at the Skeptical Chymist irish Pub on Sat night....Starts at 8, Live music at 9

I asked them if they had something going on Saturday night. I think I am planning on going to Tilted Kilt in Peoria...Closer to the hotel. But, at this time Saturday night is still in flux. Need a flux capacitor to smooth out the ripples. LOL

Tilted Kilt, Peoria after the game.....copied from their facebook page.

Great drink specials after the game next week! $2 Jell-O shots, $3 hawk bombs, $3 whiskey cokes, $3 domestic drafts, $4 import drafts. After the game!
FREE Irish nachos with your game ticket!! If you aren't planning to go to the game, stop by and watch it here,

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":25f7ra6r said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ByTimBooth/status/681931194783690753[/tweet]

Cool, I shall be watching it LIVE...and recording it hopefully.

Go Hawks.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Tilted Kilt in peoria has the UFC fight on sat night. Then the drink specials on Sunday night as shown above. Nothing else special.

Go Hawks.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
jacobsod":331zgo4y said:
LudwigsDrummer":331zgo4y said:

Get off the pot then and come join us! 8)

Always good to see so many of us representing in Glendale. :tardssmall:
Going.

Latest posts