Are the Seahawks the NFC #1 Seed Again

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Isn't there a three-way tie with the Packers, 49ers and Seattle, with the Hawks holding the tie breaker?

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
falcongoggles":2pvvon20 said:
Isn't there a three-way tie with the Packers, 49ers and Seattle, with the Hawks holding the tie breaker?

Saints too, I think.

I guess they need to win tomorrow night, lol.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Technically I think we are via tiebreakers but we are definitely the current leader of our division and guaranteed a playoff berth

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Maulbert":mpe5ku0q said:
If the playoffs started today, Seattle would be the #1 seed.

But since the playoffs don't start today, it's pretty irrelevant. The Sunday afternoon week 15 seedings are pretty pointless.

Just keep cheering for SF, GB and NO to lose. The enemy is really reduced to those 3 teams. If you want to delve deeply also root for WASH to lose and PHI and MIN to win.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Maulbert":2czf5h7z said:
If the playoffs started today, Seattle would be the #1 seed.

A number one seed would be nice but right now I’m happy the playoffs don’t start today. I am hoping we get these injured players back for the playoffs. We need to continue to win by any means necessary and get that bye week to help get ourselves as close to 100% as possible

D

DomeHawk

If Saints beat Colts tomorrow they are #1 seed by virtue of the their win against us.

Right?

kidhawk

Reaction score
DomeHawk":3opzf8tl said:
If Saints beat Colts tomorrow they are #1 seed by virtue of the their win against us.

Right?

Would be a three way tiebreaker with the packers also involved. Head to head is no longer a tie breaker in a three way tie.

D

DomeHawk

kidhawk":eap472kz said:
DomeHawk":eap472kz said:

Right?

Would be a three way tiebreaker with the packers also involved. Head to head is no longer a tie breaker in a three way tie.

What is the tie breaker in a three-way tie? Divisional wins?

nIdahoSeahawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":1b4ng6kl said:
DomeHawk":1b4ng6kl said:

Right?

Correct, and the 3-way tie gives us #1

JGreen79

Reaction score
DomeHawk":140xorjb said:
kidhawk":140xorjb said:
DomeHawk":140xorjb said:

Right?

Conferenece wins and then common games. Sea and GB eliminate NO via conference wins, and Sea eliminates GB via Common games if all three win out.

seahawksny

Reaction score
nIdahoSeahawk":poi970zz said:
kidhawk":poi970zz said:
DomeHawk":poi970zz said:

Right?

Correct, and the 3-way tie gives us #1

Why? What is it based on

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
JGreen79":1e4kmh1e said:
DomeHawk":1e4kmh1e said:
kidhawk":1e4kmh1e said:
DomeHawk":1e4kmh1e said:

Right?

Conferenece wins and then common games. Sea and GB eliminate NO via conference wins, and Sea eliminates GB via Common games if all three win out.

I always wondered what a three way would be like! 8)

Chawker

Reaction score
I know you guys are trying to understand how things are going to shake out but, its actually a three way tie at this moment and if the Saints win, then it becomes a four way tie.

Seahawks
Saints
Packers
49ers

All will be 11-3 with two games to go. Now Seahawks host the 49ers in the last game of the season, its the only head to head game left out of the four.

If the Saints win wouldn't they take the one seed (due to their head to head victory ) and the Seahawks would fall into the two seed ? :229031_confused2:

Polaris

Reaction score
Chawker":3ak59ov9 said:
I know you guys are trying to understand how things are going to shake out but, its actually a three way tie at this moment and if the Saints win, then it becomes a four way tie.

Seahawks
Saints
Packers
49ers

All will be 11-3 with two games to go. Now Seahawks host the 49ers in the last game of the season, its the only head to head game left out of the four.

If the Saints win wouldn't they take the one seed (due to their head to head victory ) and the Seahawks would fall into the two seed ? :229031_confused2:

No. If it were just between the Seahawks and the Saints for the #1 seed, the Saints would indeed get it due to the head to head tiebreak. However, right now (assuming that New Orleans wins tonight), there will be a three way tie for the number one seed in the NFC. [Not four way because the Seattle-San Fran tie break is resolved first since it is divisional.] All three teams will be at 11-3. Because one team has not lost to or not beaten the other TWO, the head to head tiebreaks no longer apply. The next step is to go to conference record. All three New Orleans losses are conference losses. That makes their conference record 8-3. Green Bay and Seattle both have a 8-2 conference record.

This step eliminates New Orleans from the #1 seed and we start the process again except with Green Bay this time only. We see that there is no head to head, and we both have the same conference record, so the next tiebreak is common games. We have four opponents in common: Minnesota, Philadelphia, Carolina, and San Francisco. We now compare the W-L records against these four. Seattle beat all four, so that's 4-0 for Seattle. Green Bay beat Minnesota and Carolina, but lost to San Francisco and Philadelphia for a 2-2 record. Seattle wins the tiebreak and the #1 seed.

Basically as long as Seattle, New Orleans, and Green Bay wind up tied as division winners, then Seattle wins the three way tiebreak.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Weird thing is, with two games to play, the Hawks could finish anywhere from #1 to #6 in the conference. I'm not sure I've seen that kind of conference strength before.

northseahawk

Reaction score
Dont worry, we will lay another egg next sunday against the cardinals so that's us fans are never spoiled with any certainty. This is how Pete runs things.

Latest posts