Are the hawks the most hated team in the NFL?

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
brimsalabim":3k0ze5no said:
We have passed the Pat's thanks in no small part to Michael Bennett. Unfortunately it's been his area of greatest impact this season. I am not saying that he doesn't put forth effort in games though. Personally I believe its a byproduct of Pete's coaching style. It worked for a while but guys are over the top now. It's difficult to put that genie back in the bottle.
I’m sure you couldn’t be more wrong.

Mindsink

Reaction score
I think the vast majority of Michael Bennett hate (not only here, but on facebook, and other outlets) is from Seahawks fans.

The whole "You lost a 12" crowd were never really vested fans to begin with, IMO.

I've been a fan for more than 30 years. One Seahawks player, or even one version of this team does not define the Seahawks franchise and its history as a whole.

So I continue to root for them, even if I dislike one more more players or strongly disagree with their political stance.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep, you're likely never going to be a fan of every player. Plenty of guys get on your nerves as a fan. Bruce Irvin, not a fan at all. But oh well, he was a Hawk, so I pulled for the guy, even if I didn't like him.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I know a lot of people who hate the Hawks because of "all the breaks we have got" in recent years regarding calls. I am not going to deny that has happened. But those same people refuse to acknowledge that there have been important calls go against this team in recent years too....but that doesn't fit the narrative.

The part that makes me shake my head. I've been a fan long enough to remember calls like the Testeverde TD, clock not starting when it should in Baltimore, and of course the Super Bowl vs the Steelers. But in those days people dismissed it as "who cares, it's Seattle". Now those same people get upset when we get calls.

My favorite is when fans of teams like the Cowboys label our fans as arrogant....that's just plain adorable.

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3egf5icz said:
What others think of this team has zero impact on the game. So, meh.

Unless the "others" are the officials. They are human, and humans look for confirmation of what they believe. That is why we get more penalties and others are missed, not an NFL conspiracy.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Sounds like the 'Hawks are the most hated team by some 'Hawks fans. I bet if Bennett went back to dancing for you all, you won't mind them so much. Or maybe if they just parroted your own political opinions?

I don't remember anyone complaining when they got to pushing and shoving after the Super Bowl, no talk of "thuggery" then. And we all loved Sherman's outburst after The Tip. But today it's a problem? I don't buy it.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I don't believe in the conspiracy crap at all. They lose as a team and win as a team. However, burying your head in the sand won't change the fact that the refs have impacted many games around the NFL this year, on crap calls or ignored calls.

HawkerD

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":j3db8ttd said:
Sounds like the 'Hawks are the most hated team by some 'Hawks fans. I bet if Bennett went back to dancing for you all, you won't mind them so much. Or maybe if they just parroted your own political opinions?

I don't remember anyone complaining when they got to pushing and shoving after the Super Bowl, no talk of "thuggery" then. And we all loved Sherman's outburst after The Tip. But today it's a problem? I don't buy it.

Hmmmm? I thought there play at the end of the Superbowl was unprofessional and not something I would want my son to imitate. I don't think Sherman is overly proud of his moment. I did put him in the national spotlight so the result sort of worked out for him. Maybe that was his intent. I get the celebration but it was a bit over the top.