Are Pete and Bevell fooling us.

bellingerga

Reaction score
Someone ALWAYS has to post this after a late in the season loss. The answer is always no. I don't even know why you would consider this. it's just dumb..

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Tical21":29e1yp0n said:
There isn't much to hide against press man. If you can't hit the slant and fade when a team begs you to make plays, you need to get better at hitting the slant and the fade. We're going to see the exact same thing this week all game long. It is time to take some slants to the house.

Yup! The aggravating part is they play against some pretty good press man in practice. It's like they are sleep walking through games though. Maybe the gloomy Seattle Winter weather is having that Quaalude effect that Chad Brown used to talk about. ;)

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I think Bevell is fooling us and the whole league tbh. He had us believing he was an actual OC

getnasty

Reaction score
I hope the OP is right because the offense on sunday was unaffective, lacked any sort of creativity, and was high on predictability. Unfortunately I have a feeling that its more about the defenses were facing, and there ability to stop the run, contain RW, and press our WR'S.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
There is a single grain of truth in the OP. No, they aren't hiding anything.

But they have gone into several games with a shaky o-line situation this year, and in those games they have gone with the same formula. Conservative, wait for the other team to make a defensive mistake. Those big shot passes we keep missing? That isn't high risk, they are almost always on the red line side of a receiver in single coverage. that is the mistake we are trying to get.

get nasty in the post above me summed it up well.

tooshort

Reaction score
Pete Carroll's new slogan:

"ALWAYS COMPETE, unless it's late in the season and you could wrap up a bye and a first seed. Then let off the gas and don't show how stacked your deck is to anyone"

On second thought, I think the original rolls off the tongue better.

The Radish

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2lcpjl06 said:
There is a single grain of truth in the OP. No, they aren't hiding anything.

But they have gone into several games with a shaky o-line situation this year, and in those games they have gone with the same formula. Conservative, wait for the other team to make a defensive mistake. Those big shot passes we keep missing? That isn't high risk, they are almost always on the red line side of a receiver in single coverage. that is the mistake we are trying to get.

get nasty in the post above me summed it up well.

I just realized reading Scott's post how right he is.

These bastards have been playing not to lose rather than playing to win!!!

I hated it when Chuck Knox did it and I hate it even more now.

GO FOR IT AND BE DONE WITH IT!

:141847_bnono:

-Pete-

Reaction score
I feel like they’re trying to make Russell into a pocket passer. That ain’t how we’re built.

Just saying, RW rushing:

SF
1st Game: 10-33
2nd Game: 1-2

AZ
1st Game: 8-29
2nd Game: 2-32 (one was for 27)

Maybe defenses are hemming him in better, but it looks to me like he’s holding back (or being held back). And the only thing I don’t like about his game is that when he gets sacked, it’s for big yards.

Mr.Hawkbrah

Reaction score
I always snicker when people can't even attempt to humor peoples discussions on the Internet. Internet is serious business I guess, some people's jobs are at stake on here op wait. ... what. . never mind. Idk pete personally but if I had to guess, in regards to his always compete mantra, the only thing I see Pete loving more than winning every game is winning THE game. So I could possibly see some reasoning behind not playing all his Cards right now. Although I think it is in the context that he felt absolutely confident he could win playing vanilla and the fact that he doesn't have his secret weapon percy ready to go. I would be thrilled to see him unleash cmike, percy, sending Wilson on more streaks across the middle come payoff time and I hope ur right op.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Vpk0718":12mkokam said:
If they were playing vanilla without the first seed wrapped up I'd want them all fired. That is inexcusable.

You really want them all fired? .net post loss is a crazy place.

HawkWow

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":1sy6lfzd said:
Vpk0718":1sy6lfzd said:
If they were playing vanilla without the first seed wrapped up I'd want them all fired. That is inexcusable.

You really want them all fired? .net post loss is a crazy place.
Nm

farhat

Reaction score
Skater,

The Hawks are definitely not resting anyone right now to hide anything. You're over-thinking things. The players that are able and ready to play are playing. Percy Harvin is really not playing because he came back too quick from his surgery and re-aggravated his hip. That situation is very disappointing. The Seahawks have not handled it well.

Bevell's play calling was right throughout the game. The problem wasn't his play calling. The problem was that Arizona's defense came to play. Their corners were all over Tate and Baldwin and not allowing them to gain separation. Their defensive line was beating up on Carpenter and others and gaining penetration into the line of scrimmage. Their defense beat us.

What is the cure? Our offensive line needs to step it up and get hungry. Okung and Wilson gave a pep talk prior to our go ahead TD drive (10-9) where we were protecting for Wilson better. Our receivers need to make some catches even when the ball is thrown right to them. Look for our guys to rebound. And, pray that Percy Harvin gets better for the playoffs.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Hiding their hand for the playoffs, meanwhile losing in TWO NFC West Championship opportunities? No.... If they lose to the Rams and complete one of the truly epic late season meltdowns in NFL history, I don't think they would feel really good knowing their hid their hand for the playoffs.

Sturm

Reaction score
I nominate this post as stupidest post of the year.

CANHawk

Reaction score
I could see them holding back some "trick plays" for the playoffs; the WR passes, flea flickers, reverses and fake punt kind of stuff for the playoffs, but the stuff you're talking about OP should be pretty much bread and butter.

Really what i've seen, and I hate to say it, is our offensive woes all start with our inability to get the Beast going. Marshawn hasn't even sniffed 100 yards in over 5 games. Our offense hinges on being able to pound the rock consistently for 4-5 YPC about 20 times a game, and running play action off of that. Without getting the run going, the play action has stalled. Without the run threat and the play action, our offense is seriously limited. I'm hoping Bevell and Cable go back to the lab this week and figure out how to get that machine working again. I don't know whether it's more pistol or more read option, more fullback or what, but something needs to be changed because what we've been doing the last month hasn't been working...

farhat

Reaction score
Carroll isn't fooling anyone, keeping Percy Harvin out, Skater. Historically as a Seahawk, Carroll has been pretty straight forward with the press. There are several examples to point to. The best is when he told the media there really was a competition between Flynn and Wilson. All the experts didn't believe him. John Clayton said: "please." Herm Edwards said: "There is one number that proves Flynn will be the QB. $10 million. How much do you want to bet?" It turned out, that Carroll was really being straight forward.

Yesterday he said Percy is not ready. That means he's not ready.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
bellingerga":2969vcfz said:
Someone ALWAYS has to post this after a late in the season loss. The answer is always no. I don't even know why you would consider this. it's just dumb..
:13:

Oregonbythesea

Reaction score
What ever the reason for the loss, it shouldn't have happened. When you run against a team that shuts you down time after time, don't run straight ahead. Short passes are hard to defend, use them! Let Wilson out of the pocket more. I hope there was some strategy behind the poor showing. If not, the Hawks are in trouble.

BlackSabbath

Reaction score
Are you saying it's all part of the grand plan to lose games and defer not clinching the division? I don't think Seahawks coaching staff would do that.