Anyone surprised at the lack of mention of Browner by plyrs?

Exittium

Reaction score
Tical21":3ly37jhv said:
He abandoned them when they needed him most, why send him love?

Talk about blow sh!t out of proportion. Tbh NOBODY, not us, hell probably not even Sherm knows whats going on with his appeal and his lawyers. We still have no clue on anything. At this point its pure speculation. I'm not condoning what he did, but at the same time, he's been part of this Defense and LOB a little while now and the time he has spent on it, He's earned a SB ring.

Rocket

Reaction score
He abandoned no one and the suspension is a SHAM.
Godspeed in your recovery, both personal and professional Mr. Browner.
You were truly {censored} by the NFL.
Viva la Litigation !!!!

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
Not a fan of BB after the disappointment, but if karma really means anything, it had to absolutely KILL him to watch that Super Bowl and not be a part of it. Price paid.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Clayton said there is a rumor the NFL offered to drop the suspension to the first 4 games of next year, and Browner still wants to fight it.

kjreid

Reaction score
I will not be surprised if BB is a Hawk again. he is damaged goods in the NFL and we could keep him at a small price. I would be okay with that. As far as the suspension, I agree With Rocket, it was a sham and they used a BS excuse to make it an indefinate suspension.

TestMo1337

Reaction score
CPHawk":1peit3ej said:
Clayton said there is a rumor the NFL offered to drop the suspension to the first 4 games of next year, and Browner still wants to fight it.
I believe that the NFL still was holding firm to 1 year since it was a level 3 suspension.

The whole argument is whether he could make the case it was a level 2 which would get a 4 game suspension since he was unaware of a missed drug test when he wasn't in the NFL.

The fact that the NFL wouldn't budge from the length of the suspension is why Browner is fighting so hard. Clayton has expressed that Browner should have a strong case but to what avail.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Whats with all the "hes gone" stuff? Is the front office going to completely turn their backs on the guy for what should have been 4 games?

Subzero717

Reaction score
sammyc521":1g9jmswa said:
CPHawk":1g9jmswa said:
I believe that the NFL still was holding firm to 1 year since it was a level 3 suspension.

The whole argument is whether he could make the case it was a level 2 which would get a 4 game suspension since he was unaware of a missed drug test when he wasn't in the NFL.

The fact that the NFL wouldn't budge from the length of the suspension is why Browner is fighting so hard. Clayton has expressed that Browner should have a strong case but to what avail.

If everything I read/heard is true they did offer him a reduced 4 game suspension and he told them to fly a kite. Crappy part is now that its where it is, they could be well into next season beforw a resolution and he is over 30 IIRC.

Tical21

Reaction score
The dude found pot to be more important than a Super Bowl run. In his statement, he said something like "I knew it would be four games, but I thought that is all it would be".

All it would be? Four games in the middle of a Super Bowl push??? You gotta be kidding me. And as a fanbase we give the guy a pass? On the pipe or blunt's way to his mouth, he actually thought "meh, four games, who cares?" I cannot feel any sympathy whatsoever, do not feel he deserves a ring, any tweets offering him congratulations, or feel like you can ever trust him again. The guy knew at the very least he would be suspended four games and found the pot was more important than the team. And you guys want to celebrate him?

BobinLaConner

Reaction score
Rocket":1b1q2c31 said:
He abandoned no one and the suspension is a SHAM.
Godspeed in your recovery, both personal and professional Mr. Browner.
You were truly {censored} by the NFL.
Viva la Litigation !!!!

this is my view too... it is a BS suspension

Free Browner!

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I have a hard time getting riled up over marijuana. By all accounts, over half the players in the league use it, which suggests the league's testing procedures are spotty at best and completely arbitrary at worst. For some, it may actually be the safest and most effective alternative to pain medication.

morgulon1

Reaction score
I want Browner to come back to the Seahawks, he's my favorite player. He shouldn't of been done like that from the league. He's going to win.

Polk738

Reaction score
I felt like Browner didn't really contribute much this year, I know he is one of the founding members of the LOB but I do feel like his best days are behind him- You have to understand this was his second suspension in two years. True, we don't know whats all going on but regardless, he had one interception, and was benched in one game for constantly getting burned. I also felt like the defense and turnovers just went over the top when Byron stepped in for him so I really don't miss the guy.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Tical21":3czw5nnh said:
The dude found pot to be more important than a Super Bowl run. In his statement, he said something like "I knew it would be four games, but I thought that is all it would be".

All it would be? Four games in the middle of a Super Bowl push??? You gotta be kidding me. And as a fanbase we give the guy a pass? On the pipe or blunt's way to his mouth, he actually thought "meh, four games, who cares?" I cannot feel any sympathy whatsoever, do not feel he deserves a ring, any tweets offering him congratulations, or feel like you can ever trust him again. The guy knew at the very least he would be suspended four games and found the pot was more important than the team. And you guys want to celebrate him?
Yeah. I should ask, why would you not celebrate him? While he did mess up, he played great for us. Plus he played his ass off to get to even be a Seahawk and he would have been a championship Seahawk if he had not messed up. There is no doubt in my mind it kills him inside that he couldn't play in one of the greatest games the superbowl has ever seen. A ring is a great gesture from the team anyhow.

I'll celebrate BB - dude was great for us.

CPHawk

Reaction score
I know TY Hilton is hoping Browner comes back soon.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Kaiser":30x0ii7g said:
Whats with all the "hes gone" stuff? Is the front office going to completely turn their backs on the guy for what should have been 4 games?

I don't see them resigning him, Maxwell is younger, cheaper and arguably a better cover guy (maybe not as physical but less penalties and similar ball skills).

In addition -- it was pretty silly for him to get busted for pot. While a year-long suspension seemed excessive the fact he got suspended at all was really disappointing.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
jblaze":g28rzlpp said:
He played most of the year and helped the team, yes he screwed up but the details around the suspension itself are questionable at best. Give the guy a ring and let him go hock it at the local pawn shop, guy is bout to be broke. No one is going to sign him.

The details being questionable are only in the mind of Browner. He did the deed knowing he was being looked at. This was not his first rodeo.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
On one hand....

BB made the play that helped us beat the Rams early in the season. Without that win, we do not get HFA, and it's a MUCH MUCH harder road to the SB without that. Ask the Niners who were the hottest team going into the playoffs. You just can't realistically expect a team to win 3-4 road games in a row.

On the other hand...

BB got caught for PEDs last season, he should have known better that substance abuse vs PEDs....the fact is you're not on the hot seat the first time you get caught. Did you really need a second warning, to teach you otherwise? He made a poor decision, and he doesn't get to celebrate with the team because of it, and he created issues for the team. BB was the starter for a reason, he was better than the next man up (supposedly).

Anyway I'm not going to rant too much, we won the SB. I'm super stoked. I feel bad for BB that he missed out on it, but at the same time disappointed because he made a poor decision partly through the year which hurt the team and created a unneeded distraction. Not to mention it added fuel to the whole "Seahawks a team full of druggies" fire.\

Latest posts