Anyone else feel another let down coming?

bellingerga

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":24z42y4y said:
Prepared for a letdown? Not right now.

Maybe on Thursday night if they're down by 20 with 2 minutes left to go, and even then, I'm not sure I'll believe they're out of it until the :00 mark.

EXACTLY. I say it all the time but until the clock strikes 0 I EXPECT to win. Don't care who the opponent is.

JKent82

Reaction score
49ers probably got beat up far more than we did. New England is way softer than the Giants.

I'll take the positive energy over the negative energy. The Hawks want to beat SF more than any other team I would think, no way they aren't committed 100% to Thursday.

If they were playing some horrible maybe, but not the 49ers.

The hawks are coming to play!

Hawknight

Reaction score
I think Sherman would have something to say about this…every team along with the media have been put on notice….We are here to play and be taken seriously.

JonRud

Reaction score
I don't see a letdown. The team will be up for this game.

Very difficult to play on the road on a short week. The NFL killed us with this schedule. If we lose it won't be because of a 'letdown'. This team hates to lose.

OP
OP
Lithium

Lithium

Reaction score
JonRud":1aseyh6w said:
I don't see a letdown. The team will be up for this game.

Very difficult to play on the road on a short week. The NFL killed us with this schedule. If we lose it won't be because of a 'letdown'. This team hates to lose.

I think every team hates to lose, and im sure SF is up for this game too.

im just saying, i'm really worried that we wont score more than 10 points and we'll be looking like we did in the 3rd quarter of the NE game.

hawker84

Reaction score
GoldenIsThyTate":1oyhpi0g said:
this week vs. SF?

It wouldn't be much of a let down as SF is a good team, but they just got embarrassed by NY and I'm sure they're going to do whatever than can to fix what went wrong, we just got a nice win (vs. a very suspect defense) and are acting like we are hot shit now (sorta like dallas in week 1, sorta, some people) and are going up against a great defense this week.
We all have seen how bad our offense can sputter against a good D this year. Alex Smith has always played fairly well vs. Seattle with less talent and weapons. Oh and btw, we arent exactly Road Warriors. we did play SF well last year but I am really, really worried about this game.

this feels like the Rams game to me...

huh? are you kidding me? this is the biggest game of the season so far... the answer is no... my message to the niners is, whatcha gonna do about it... watch shermans post game video again, in case you can't tell, seahawks feel they can play with anyone.. best to bring it thursday night SF!!!!!

ivotuk

Reaction score
SF will be unable to concentrate after that beat down and will have lost their confidence, especially since we ran on them last year and ruined their quest for a rush defense season best.

The 49ers are the ones that will struggle and we'll do what we do best, intercept, sack, stop the run and run the ball down their throats until we have broken their spirit.

It will be harbaugh at the end of the day saying "what's your deal? how did you field such a good team during a rebuild and since i inherited a talented team?' Well except for the QB."

And Pete will say, I drafted 2 of your players right out from underneath you, that's my deal. :twisted:

OP
OP
Lithium

Lithium

Reaction score
hawker84":xawtofuk said:
GoldenIsThyTate":xawtofuk said:
this week vs. SF?

It wouldn't be much of a let down as SF is a good team, but they just got embarrassed by NY and I'm sure they're going to do whatever than can to fix what went wrong, we just got a nice win (vs. a very suspect defense) and are acting like we are hot shit now (sorta like dallas in week 1, sorta, some people) and are going up against a great defense this week.
We all have seen how bad our offense can sputter against a good D this year. Alex Smith has always played fairly well vs. Seattle with less talent and weapons. Oh and btw, we arent exactly Road Warriors. we did play SF well last year but I am really, really worried about this game.

huh? are you kidding me? this is the biggest game of the season so far... the answer is no... my message to the niners is, whatcha gonna do about it... watch shermans post game video again, in case you can't tell, seahawks feel they can play with anyone.. best to bring it thursday night SF!!!!!

nope not kidding, Sherman can say whatever he wants, he doesnt play offense. yes, RW stepped up this week, played great in the 4th, it will be extremely difficult to do that against SF

we wont score more than 10pts IMO. only question to me is, will they?

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
GoldenIsThyTate":15b6mgln said:
hawker84":15b6mgln said:
GoldenIsThyTate":15b6mgln said:
this week vs. SF?

nope not kidding, Sherman can say whatever he wants, he doesnt play offense. yes, RW stepped up this week, played great in the 4th, it will be extremely difficult to do that against SF

Why won't we? We've seen the Wilson is capable of handling a pass heavy game plan, and we still have Marshawn Lynch.

CANHawk

Reaction score
GoldenIsThyTate":kd1bildv said:
hawker84":kd1bildv said:
GoldenIsThyTate":kd1bildv said:
this week vs. SF?

Golden Tate is dissapointed by your lack of swagger.

OP
OP
Lithium

Lithium

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":hi0ibnga said:
Why won't we? We've seen the Wilson is capable of handling a pass heavy game plan, and we still have Marshawn Lynch.

thats just my opinion based on what ive seen from RW and the O this year. I do think Lynch needs to have a big game or else its just gonna be a lot of what we saw in the NE game (besides 4Q) and the GB game (besides GT)

OP
OP
Lithium

Lithium

Reaction score
CANHawk":33d24z1h said:
Golden Tate is dissapointed by your lack of swagger.

I used up all my swagger before the rams game, learned my lesson.

rastahawk

Reaction score
Let down? That's same old Seahawks mentality setting in again. With PC I am never surprised about anything anymore. For the first time in a long time I feel like we can beat anybody. Call me crazy.

The Radish

Reaction score
I don't feel a letdown coming but have to admit its going to be tough to get down from this high energy game and then get wound up again in a mere 4 days.

but as I said earlier, if anyone can do it, its this team.

:les:

Shane Falco

Reaction score
Hopefully we laid some pretty good building blocks with that performance offensively speaking. We've been so random and experimental in the passing game imo I hope they are starting to build a repertoire of stuff they are more confident in. Stuff that we are good at, high percentage plays, etc. Still early in the process but I'm talking about bread and butter plays, finding our identity, etc. If that makes sense.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
pinksheets":49tfpwb8 said:
Short answer: No.

Long answer: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
That made me chuckle.

To the OP: We might not win this next game, but it won't be because of a let-down.

OP
OP
Lithium

Lithium

Reaction score
just to be clear i think we CAN win, and Im sure it will be a good game.

but with 8 min to go in the 4thQ vs the crappy NE defense we looked pretty pathetic. yes we ended up righting the ship, but SF's D wont be nearly as easy, and im worried.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
GoldenIsThyTate":urvyh5z9 said:
Sarlacc83":urvyh5z9 said:

thats just my opinion based on what ive seen from RW and the O this year. I do think Lynch needs to have a big game or else its just gonna be a lot of what we saw in the NE game (besides 4Q) and the GB game (besides GT)

I understand the trepidation, but I'm of the belief that Wilson the wide receivers have a better understanding of each other and Wilson has a better understanding of the NFL game at full speed. I think it's going to prove a tremendous advantage and that we'll score 20 on the 49ers. I don't believe they're as good as their blowouts of the Jets and Bills suggest.

CANHawk

Reaction score
GoldenIsThyTate":2eoicy9i said:
just to be clear i think we CAN win, and Im sure it will be a good game.

but with 8 min to go in the 4thQ vs the crappy NE defense we looked pretty pathetic. yes we ended up righting the ship, but SF's D wont be nearly as easy, and im worried.

yeah, but their offense is a ham and dookie sandwich so we're not going to have to win it in a shootout. Our D will shut down their offense, and the beast should do what he do against the 9'ers (and if they sell out to stop the run like the Pats did, well... I guess Rusty is going to have to air it out again).

GoreGasm

Reaction score
We didnt play 49er football vs the Giants. The Kaepernick packages werent working. Every time he got on the field after a big play from Alex, the drive stalled and we kicked. Frank gore got 0 yards on 0 carries in the WHOLE second half! That is NOT 49er football. Harbaugh got way too confident in that stupid Kaepernick package because it worked well against a terrible Jets defense.

If Jim tries to be stubborn and force Kaepernick into the game, and not hand the ball to Gore in the entirety of the second half, we will absolutely lose the ball game. If we go back to our winning formula of a 50/50 run/pass offense, and letting Kaepernick hold the clipboard for the whole game, i think we will win.

Its hard to win when you throw a 40 yard pass to Moss, then the next play Kaepernick comes in and gets sacked for a 15 yard loss. Then on top of that, youre expected to come back in, completely off rhythm now, and dig your offense out of a hole that your backup QB put you in because he sucks and your coach was trying to get too cute. Rinse and repeat for the whole game. Jim better get back to 49er football and stop with the cutsie bullshit. The division is way too close this year to be trying to get fancy.