Anyone able to get tickets through Ticketmaster?

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Nope, had 2 computers, an iphone, and a ipad trying on 3 different networks, but no dice.

- bsd

CrimsonWazzu

Reaction score
Both my wife and I on our laptops and phones. Nada....nada damn thing.

RockHawk

Reaction score
Yea, I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but something's fishy. I've seen one person able to get some on the phone, but I've heard nobody yet that were able to get even a single ticket online at 10:00AM.

DanBug22

Reaction score
Got one in section 330 Row A

My mom got one in 319 Row M

I think both might be used but there's a chance only one will be available.

I'll update in the classifieds if one becomes available.

I got rejected for two time after time. I kept trying from every angle and finally got through with the row A one. Sometimes people mess up on the payment page and then those tickets go back onto ticketmaster. I got through at 10:12 online with my phone and called my mom who was trying. She hung up on me at 10:18ish after getting through with hers. Haha

GoHawks

Hawkspur

Reaction score
It's not perfect by any means, but the system used by the English football team I support (Tottenham Hotspur) for cup finals and important away games etc is one that rewards the fans who have supported the club during the year, something I would have thought the Seahawks would want to do for the 12th man.

Each match you attend is assigned a points value, say, 10 points for less appealing games like League cup games against Grimsby, or 1 point for the games everyone wants to go to. The lack if NFL games would make this less practicable, but I guess there could be tiers for pre-season games, then the likes of Jacksonville, and then the niners.

You accumulate points over the season and when the big games roll around you apply for tickets, with the people with the most points being successful. This means that season tickets holders and anyone who goes to multiple games are rewarded. Everyone who wants to be included in the scheme pays about £40 per season and gets a swipe card (and first dibs on all tickets) which, in this case, could be used to make sure you get the points if you buy the tickets via the secondary ticket websites. I think you could give season ticket holders first right to buy, then those with the most points get the rest.

Look after the fans, Seahawks!

Edit: looks like the message above shows that they might be doing something similar. Excellent, if so.

Mominator

Reaction score
I tried for 20 minutes online. No dice. I've been told that bots are actually buying the tix, but I have nothing to back that up.

/fan since 1987!

AgentDib

Reaction score
There is no good solution here; the issue is that the face value of the tickets is much less than they are actually worth. The team does this to avoid the negative publicity that would come from selling them for their actual value, but the real value of the ticket does not change just because the team undersells them.

The only question is how consumers pay that difference between the face and actual value. The opportunity cost of the old system was a long wait in line for a high probability of buying a ticket. The opportunity cost of the new system is a very short use of time for a very small chance of buying a ticket. There is always the third option to just pay the actual value of the ticket entirely in dollars by buying them from a season ticket holder or a third party reseller. Different consumers will prefer different approaches depending on the value they put on their own time and the amount of disposable income they have.

As a season ticket holder, I would like to see a fourth option where season ticket holders can sign up for a lottery for the remaining tickets with one entry per seat. That would be an excellent perk for owning season tickets as I'm sure most of us have friends and family that want tickets as well. Season ticket holders are also going to be Seahawks fans opposed to rival fans who happen to live in the area.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
nothing...wasn't likely to make it down 2 weeks in a row anyway...I hate how all these ticket brokers always seem to have plenty to sell at 10X the price..Hope the guys who choose to wear red didn't get any!

ceej22

Reaction score
Nope, tried online like most. But thanks to being a Blue Pride member I got an offer shortly after they went on sell to purchase tickets. Got 2 in 343 towards the top.

Brett

Reaction score
my brother in law just got 2 tickets from being members to blue pride 200 each .... I wanna go