Any news on live attendance at games?

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I'm just wondering if we are going to be able to attend football games at C Link this year. I'm not overly hopeful from a personal stand point.

First I'm not sure they will open the border to non-essential travel this year at all since Canada now views the US as a major hotspot and would require quarantines for anyone traveling to and from the US. I can't spend two weeks in quarantine after every home game.

Second I'm sure filled stadiums will be the last thing governments will open up and until treatment or vaccine is available, it's just not happening. Just exiting CLink can be a prolonged process of maximal human density. 20 min of shoulder to shoulder march of the penguins. That's not going to cut it anywhere.

I'm getting the impression that this season is going to be a bummer for STH's, especially those from Canada.

sutz

Reaction score
Without extensive testing and tracking, and until we get at least some kind of a treatment program, I don't see a lot of huge sporting events before we get a vaccine, if we do.

I'm thinking less than 25% chance, if that high. And then, if they do open them up, who would go?

BocciHawk

Reaction score
sutz":1jai8tzd said:
Without extensive testing and tracking, and until we get at least some kind of a treatment program, I don't see a lot of huge sporting events before we get a vaccine, if we do.

I'm thinking less than 25% chance, if that high. And then, if they do open them up, who would go?

Yeah, on that latter point, the Seahawks would really be between a rock and a hard place if they tried to force people to go to games... i.e. didn't cancel the events even though they might be dangerous. It would be impossible to sell tickets to others and would basically be a giant FU to the STH.

The only way I could see live games at this point is if they cut the stadium capacity by 90% or so i.e. had six or seven thousand people there, not 72,000. They could allow each STH to attend one game during the season or something like that and refund the other games. If they used computers, they could space everyone out appropriately and might even be able to have people stay in or near their normal seats.

Just a thought.

OP
OP
M

Mad Dog

Reaction score
BocciHawk":1exzdpva said:
sutz":1exzdpva said:

Yeah, on that latter point, the Seahawks would really be between a rock and a hard place if they tried to force people to go to games... i.e. didn't cancel the events even though they might be dangerous. It would be impossible to sell tickets to others and would basically be a giant FU to the STH.

The only way I could see live games at this point is if they cut the stadium capacity by 90% or so i.e. had six or seven thousand people there, not 72,000. They could allow each STH to attend one game during the season or something like that and refund the other games. If they used computers, they could space everyone out appropriately and might even be able to have people stay in or near their normal seats.

Just a thought.

If they did that they should make it optional as it may be hard for people to get there from Canada. And it would be less fun for me to come by myself all that way without my wife or friends.

Right now I'm happy to take a credit for next season's tickets and move to watching from home this season.

chris98251

Reaction score
I am hearing from the top if we just put plastic clear bags over our heads we will be fine. :)

Just make sure to secure the bag snuggly around the neck area.

OP
OP
M

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I wonder if they will redesign the face masks on helmets to a full shield?

Seems to me that the trenches in particular will have a lot of potential for viral transmission. And if this thing rips through a locker room, that team is done for the year.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Like many, I've been thinking a lot about it. I tried to convince myself they would start on time, people in the stands etc. But, I think the first 2 months are gonna' be w/out fans, then come November they'll let us go to games in person. I could also see the start of the season being delayed 2 or 3 months. Shoot, I would rather they start in January if it means we can see the games in person. Worst case scenario, we are all paid up for 2021 for our season tickets. I have no idea what to think at this point, and I doubt they do either. But plans are clearly being discussed.
That all being said, I wouldn't be surprised one bit if 2020 is being watched from the couch. Sigh.....

12th Dimension

Reaction score
Leigh Steinberg was on TV this morning. He talked about it. TV is where the real money’s at, but gate, concessions, and other revenue streams certainly add to the total. For a TV only season, revenue would be split per the contract.

Talked about NBA, MLB, and WHL starting up for TV only, which would be a good sign, for some sort of NFL season.

sutz

Reaction score
A lot of players will be learning whether they play for "love of the game" or if they need the crowd to pump them up.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I don't see it happening in 2020. Dr. Fauci, the CDC and the WHO are all predicting a resurgence of COVID-19 cases in the fall. It would be incredibly reckless to gather tens of thousands of spectators crammed into stadiums across the US. I don't like it but I can wait for the 2021 season.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
sutz":25maiw73 said:
A lot of players will be learning whether they play for "love of the game" or if they need the crowd to pump them up.
:2thumbs:
Exactly ..TV money is the majority of $$$
They don't need fans at the game to survive.
Just pump in fake crowd noise :lol:

chris98251

Reaction score
Well look at it this way, all the prudes and non fans that are there because it's a social place to be may give up tickets now so the blue collar fans that cheer can start filling the place up again after this.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I don’t think they are playing in front of fans in 2020.
There goes Seattle’s home field advantage, unless we “pipe in” some crowd noise like many opposing fanbases accuse Seattle of doing. 8)

Latest posts