Another missed FG costs us

cymatica

Reaction score
Lol. You can't blame that loss on a field goal. They just suck and the coaches are incapable of putting together a competent gameplan

WmHBonney

Reaction score
The "throw anything against the wall and see what sticks" offense combined with the "let the opponents march down the field and hope we get a stop in the red zone where there is less room for our defense to cover" defense is what cost the game. And incompetent coaching.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
cymatica":2cr2svzm said:
Lol. You can't blame that loss on a field goal. They just suck and the coaches are incapable of putting together a competent gameplan

The hell you can't cy.
In a tight game like this, you need ALL THREE PHASES to be >>WORKING<<, and if you lose by >ONE MEASLY POINT because a missed field goal?
That's one reason kickers get replaced. :141847_bnono:

James in PA

Reaction score
Rat":3r739qjg said:
Taking that sack the previous play didn't help much either.
This. I am much more disgusted with Russ taking a sack the previous play than the missed FG itself. Hero Ball kills us again. I'm ready to move on from Russ. He just takes WAY too many sacks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cymatica

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1p5nwsle said:
cymatica":1p5nwsle said:

The hell you can't cy.
In a tight game like this, you need ALL THREE PHASES to be >>WORKING<<, and if you lose by >ONE MEASLY POINT because a missed field goal?

The game should not have been that close. The offense and defense completely collapsed in the 2nd half. You could even argue the Bears failed 4th down negated the missed field goal.

At least Nagy had the stones to go for 2. Pete decides to punt in Bears territory on 4th and 4, which then turns into a Bears TD.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
cymatica":8eso27q7 said:
scutterhawk":8eso27q7 said:
cymatica":8eso27q7 said:

The hell you can't cy.

The game should not have been that close. The offense and defense completely collapsed in the 2nd half. You could even argue the Bears failed 4th down negated the missed field goal.

At least Nagy had the stones to go for 2. Pete decides to punt in Bears territory on 4th and 4, which then turns into a Bears TD.
Nope, three less points on the board for the Seahawks, which would have been a 2 point win margin.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Would we have won if we made the field goal? Yes. That being said, we also got lucky a few times. Wilson almost threw an INT in the endzone in the first half. If the defender didn't lose control at the last moment, that would have negated a touchdown.

The game came down to what it did, based on poor coaching and lack of execution above all else. We built a lead and decided to play soft-zone defense and run a very basic offense. It's kind of how we come out in playoff games. Foles just was able to exploit the soft zones and we did nothing to stop him. We took our foot off the gas and let the Bears back into the game.

Pete Carroll cost us, not our kicker.

olyfan63

Reaction score
James in PA":r8y679u0 said:
Rat":r8y679u0 said:
Taking that sack the previous play didn't help much either.
This. I am much more disgusted with Russ taking a sack the previous play than the missed FG itself. Hero Ball kills us again. I'm ready to move on from Russ. He just takes WAY too many sacks.
Totally this. Myers missed the 35 yard FG by a whisker, hooked wide at last moment. 15 yards closer that kick is good.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Getting beat by the Bears. At Home. Terrific. Well done all. I think we're done here. TIme to go Pete & Co. to take a hike. Thanks for the memories and our SB championship. Which, by the way, is becoming increasingly more apparent was on the defensive side of the field. Time to go boys.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
cymatica":2x65v7ji said:

What do you mean? That 3 points was the game. The sack before was moronic on Russell, but it's all solved if Meyers doesn't miss. He's had too many missed that cost us severely. It's unbelievable. Under 40 yards has to be made period.

toffee

Reaction score
Football God didn't smile at us this season, that's for sure, couple of lucky swing would put us in playoff hunt, if not secured a wildcard spot.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
The missed FG played a huge part in this loss but I believe the bigger culprit was coaching. Leading up to the missed FG Rashad Penny was doing almost what he wanted. Chicago couldn’t stop him. After the long run that got the offense down into the red zone before the ill advised sack and missed FG, Penny never even touched the ball. So much for feeding the hot hand. I felt at the time and I still do that if they gave him a couple more touches instead of trying to throw, which wasn’t working most of the game, he would have scored a TD and the game would have been a win. Not that it matters in this $#|+ season, but a wins a win. At least the remaining draft picks will be near the top of each round. Gotta find positivity where you can.

Latest posts