Another 49er retirement?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RedAlice":myyhy9p3 said:
I figure if it's on my twitter, it's on most who follow our teams, but I did laugh at this one today:

Just in: the 49ers 2017 first round draft pick has just announced his retirement.
Heh, that made me chuckle. :mrgreen:

ivotuk

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":10hfqgh7 said:
RedAlice":10hfqgh7 said:
I figure if it's on my twitter, it's on most who follow our teams, but I did laugh at this one today:

Just in: the 49ers 2017 first round draft pick has just announced his retirement.
Heh, that made me chuckle. :mrgreen:

:lol:

I love that people who get paid to write produce stuff like this:

"Eric Reid #35 of the San Francisco 49ers is conratulated by Chris Culliver #29"

I might be offended if someone conratulated me

Hawks46

Reaction score
ctrcat":f3j8iu0g said:
Here's the business decision he made two years ago against Mike Tolbert. Lights out. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bnIibC_wlwQ

Actually, that's anything BUT a business decision. Reid didn't avoid contact, he initiated it. And Tolbert is a load.

I do feel bad for Reid. He has tons of talent, but a lot of concussions in his short career. He is one guy that honestly should consider giving it up.

Jville

Reaction score
A DB leading with the head can only be described as bad technique. It's is among the reasons why the 49ers will adopt Pete Carroll's approach to the game and attempt to emulate the Seahawks.

[youtube]bnIibC_wlwQ[/youtube]

Jville

Reaction score
Tackling the right way!

2015 Update to tackling the Seahawk way >>>> [urltargetblank]https://twitter.com/hashtag/LeverageBasedShoulderTackling?src=hash[/urltargetblank]

rideaducati

Reaction score
Jville":3stplv9s said:
A DB leading with the head can only be described as bad technique. It's is among the reasons why the 49ers will adopt Pete Carroll's approach to the game and attempt to emulate the Seahawks.

[youtube]bnIibC_wlwQ[/youtube]

It's like they were teaching their DBs to tackle that way. Whitner and Goldson were constantly leading with their heads.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Colin K. has just announced his retirement. Reason: Tired of being picked off by Richard Sherman...
How many of these issues the 49ers have is the result of their physical games against the Hawks? Are we forcing these guys to retire?

greenblue_eye's2

Reaction score
Most of the retirements are due to the fact that some players just didn't want to extend themselves for the new Towel Boy...er, ah Head Coach that the current ownership of the Niners hired...lolz?!

Popeyejones

Reaction score
bigtrain21":1096psq6 said:
So Marvin, what's you best guess on who is telling the truth. Is Branch in the circle of trust normally? Why do you think Reid wouldn't sit down to clarify?

What Reid was objecting to was the headline, which Branch doesn't write. I think Reid, like most people, doesn't know that reporters don't get to write their own headlines, and that his beef is with Branch's editor, not Branch.

In any case, I think it is a real misunderstanding. Branch us a good reporter. In fact, this is an EXAMPLE of why Branch is a good and trusted reporter, as he responded to it by doing what good reporters do: he went back and changed the article to make sure it accurately relayed Reid's statements.

http://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/49e ... er-desktop

As for why Reid wouldn't sit down to clarify, I have to assume it's because he already clarified on twitter and the article was edited to more truly reflect what he had said.

Basically, this is how journalism is SUPPOSED to work.

Also, just to say it, in regards to the OP:

titan3131"lets keep our fingers crossed! .[/quote said:
So you're rooting for Reid to get a concussion. Duly noted.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2iwxmko6 said:
bigtrain21":2iwxmko6 said:
So Marvin, what's you best guess on who is telling the truth. Is Branch in the circle of trust normally? Why do you think Reid wouldn't sit down to clarify?

What Reid was objecting to was the headline, which Branch doesn't write. I think Reid, like most people, doesn't know that reporters don't get to write their own headlines, and that his beef is with Branch's editor, not Branch.

In any case, I think it is a real misunderstanding. Branch us a good reporter. In fact, this is an EXAMPLE of why Branch is a good and trusted reporter, as he responded to it by doing what good reporters do: he went back and changed the article to make sure it accurately relayed Reid's statements.

http://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/49e ... er-desktop

As for why Reid wouldn't sit down to clarify, I have to assume it's because he already clarified on twitter and the article was edited to more truly reflect what he had said.

Basically, this is how journalism is SUPPOSED to work.

Also, just to say it, in regards to the OP:

titan3131"lets keep our fingers crossed! .[/quote:2iwxmko6 said:

Comprehension is not your strong suit.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
rideaducati":1qpi6x5t said:
popeyejones":1qpi6x5t said:
titan3131":1qpi6x5t said:
lets keep our fingers crossed!

Comprehension is not your strong suit.

Um, what other implication is there?

He's keeping his fingers crossed that in the past Reid had considered retiring, or that Reid is going to retire? If the former it means he can predict the future and was keeping his fingers crossed about there not being an error in the reporting. Yet as you and I both know it's the later, and as you and I (if we're both being honest with each other) also both know the circumstances under which these past considerations would come to fruition would be Reid getting another concussion.

The degree of creativity it would take to reach another conclusion is pretty staggering. Or, more simply put, I think you might be trying too hard. :th2thumbs:

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Popeyejones":30cfxe52 said:

I'm pretty sure he's rooting for Reid to retire over concussion/health concerns. Not unlike Borland and Davis.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":9x1qv14m said:
Popeyejones":9x1qv14m said:

I'm pretty sure he's rooting for Reid to retire over concussion/health concerns. Not unlike Borland and Davis.

I'm pretty sure he just wants any and all 49ers to retire (for comedic purposes) and don't think he meant the wanted him to get another concussion.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":3ie1wq5t said:
Popeyejones":3ie1wq5t said:

But the article wasn't about Reid thinking about retiring over concussions, it was about how he purportedly had in the past and how every year his health is a consideration for him.

Basically, assuming OP read the article he linked to, he has to have his fingers crossed about something, and there's really only one thing that he could be wishing for.

Clayfighter

Reaction score
Popeyejones":dejsw42j said:
Attyla the Hawk":dejsw42j said:
Popeyejones":dejsw42j said:

But the article wasn't about Reid thinking about retiring over concussions, it was about how he purportedly had in the past and how every year his health is a consideration for him.

Basically, assuming OP read the article he linked to, he has to have his fingers crossed about something, and there's really only one thing that he could be wishing for.

Even Marvin picked up what was implied. Now you ARE showing a lack of comprehension. No real fan of the game wants a player to be injured.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^^ oh, no, I agree with Marvin's point, but that doesn't change the fact that in the context of the thread the OP is crossing his fingers for Reid to get concussed again. I understand and agree that the OP is ends driven rather than means driven.

lsheldon

Reaction score
Popeyejones":14klou18 said:
^^^^ oh, no, I agree with Marvin's point, but that doesn't change the fact that in the context of the thread the OP is crossing his fingers for Reid to get concussed again. I understand and agree that the OP is ends driven rather than means driven.

Your reading between the lines? Cause I could read the OP's comment as he's keeping his fingers crossed that Reid doesn't retire. Why always assume the worst of those on this board?

RichNhansom

Reaction score
lsheldon":3g4lhaob said:
Popeyejones":3g4lhaob said:

Your reading between the lines? Cause I could read the OP's comment as he's keeping his fingers crossed that Reid doesn't retire. Why always assume the worst of those on this board?

Popoeye if you want to see fans wishing injury on players I suggest you visit the webzone. It is a very common occurrence and you don't need to read between any lines or try and interrupt/translate something to have it mean what you WANT it to mean.

Latest posts