Analyze this quote from Mike MacDonald

Parallax

Reaction score
Macdonald's comments have been very similar to Schneider's. Neither talks about Geno as the obvious starter. They've been completely non-committal, which is weird given that they picked up his option. My guess is they thought he had trade value and then found out he doesn't. But who knows; that's just a guess.

xray

Reaction score
The answer indicates that the QB position hasn't changed from last season yet .

Parallax

Reaction score
Let's be honest here. Macdonald's answer was a most likely probably not without saying literally no.
That's my point. He didn't really say anything, which is unusual when you've got last year's starter and you've just picked up his contract for $23M, and the other guy, who you also mention each time, was his backup and isn't even signed. There's a certain dissonance. The standard answer is that we look forward to having Geno back and then, if true, we hope to have Drew back too. Something like that.

I think the signals are that they're shopping Geno. Whether they find a buyer at a price they find acceptable remains to be seen. This clearly isn't what we'd be seeing if Pete were still coach.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Macdonald's comments have been very similar to Schneider's. Neither talks about Geno as the obvious starter. They've been completely non-committal, which is weird given that they picked up his option. My guess is they thought he had trade value and then found out he doesn't. But who knows; that's just a guess.

My guess is he's a good bridge Qb/mentor and they are keeping him as the starter until they find their guy. I dont think its too much more complicated than that

Latest posts