all the butthurt niners dropping out of pro-bowl

Polaris

Reaction score
The Niners just got off a brutal road stretch and just lost a heartbreaker. Not only that but the brutal road they had in the playoffs and accumulated fatigue IMHO greatly contributed to a brutal injury situation at the end of the championship game.

I hate to say it, but had San Fran won, they probably would have been ruined for the Superbowl.

With all these considerations, I think I understand why most Niner players either can't or won't play in the Pro-Bowl.

253hawk

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":3kd73yvz said:
I thought I read that Ahmad Brooks was the one player still planning on attending. It was his first selection in his career.

If you ask me, he shouldn't even have been playing football this year after him beating his teammate in the offseason, but that's neither here nor there.

That dude is a scumbag. He late-hit Russ several times (at least one instance even got Russ to say "That was unnecessary") and was the only 49er to get chippy after the two kneel-downs following the timeouts at the end of the game as he went after Zach Miller.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Polaris":na8vqhsf said:
The Niners just got off a brutal road stretch and just lost a heartbreaker. Not only that but the brutal road they had in the playoffs and accumulated fatigue IMHO greatly contributed to a brutal injury situation at the end of the championship game.

I hate to say it, but had San Fran won, they probably would have been ruined for the Superbowl.

With all these considerations, I think I understand why most Niner players either can't or won't play in the Pro-Bowl.

I'm not going to say I didn't still want them to win because of course I did...

...but to be honest, when I saw Bowman get hurt after Iupati had already broken his ankle there was some small part of me that stopped caring if they won or lost. Just a small part though.

They'd be going into the SB riddled with injuries. Losing the NFC Championship Game sucks (I've seen ALOT of those unfortunately - Giants in '90, Cowboys in '92 and '93, Packers in '97, and then much more recently the Giants and you guys)...but its NOTHING compared to losing a SB. Not even close.