Aldon Smith apparently arrested again

rlkats

Reaction score
He ended up doing 60%. So ya crazy. It sucks for him. We will see where this goes with Aldon. The kid needs to grow up for sure.

Marvin49

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":11mau14f said:
I still love you Marvin. You might even guess right on the sentence or lack there of, but those references are media guys trying to tell people what they want to hear. Especially in the Bay Area.

If Smith gets no time, I would seriously consider finishing school and taking the CA bar exam. I would specifically fight gun possession charges and advise all my clients to plead no contest. If they sentence my client? I will appeal and argue the details of Aldon Smith after my clients proactively went to rehab. :)

LOL.

As I have said all along even in the previous case when I was saying it was difficult to prove...

..."you may be right, that's just not what I had read". I never took a stand that I was sure the whole thing would go away. I essentially said that I didn't know the law well enough to have my own opinion and was simply stating what I had read.

You are painting this picture though that he's put his tail between his legs and given up because he surely would have lost. That's the voice of someone who wants to see him in the worst possible light. He's got an attorney. There is some strategy to this whether you want to see it or not. When the DA was interviewed he specifically would not answer any questions in regards to what preceded Aldons decision nor did he answer questions in regards to his recommendation to the court.

This lawyer tho...right or wrong, he's legit. He's not just some random Niner fan. They have him on whenever there is some legal issue and he's usually right. The funny part about him though is that he has a god awful toupee that seems to be in a different spot on his head every time he's on.

My prediction is little to no jail time and a 4 game suspension. We'll see how close I am on that. No judgement on how much time he SHOULD serve. Just predicting what WILL happen.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Marvin49":1hzwtcd2 said:
You are painting this picture though that he's put his tail between his legs and given up because he surely would have lost. That's the voice of someone who wants to see him in the worst possible light. He's got an attorney. There is some strategy to this whether you want to see it or not. When the DA was interviewed he specifically would not answer any questions in regards to what preceded Aldons decision nor did he answer questions in regards to his recommendation to the court.

I'm no artist Marvin, so I ain't painting Shit. Aldon Smith went full-Niner. Give me one reason for Smith's Lawyers to take the case to court. Just ONE after reading the definition of the charge and law.

There was never a chance in the possession case(s) Knowing that the case would lose, they lawyer takes the path of least punishment. Only in the Star-System could this be accomplished. By putting himself at the Mercy of the judge and leaving a jury out of it, Aldon also does not have to risk the renegade citizen that wants to harsh out gun owners or the glamour boys.

The strategy was to cop in full to the DUI's (HAHAHAHHA, they were so close together, that the rehab covers them both) because they know that Aldon has been kissing up and root smooching the courts/Goodell by going to treatment. This leaves only the gun charges which I know are "wobblers" (crimes that can ruled a misdemeanor) The judge already told Smith "I am going to find you guilty of all charges, knowing that do you still want to retain the no-contest plea". So there goes the wobbler. I suppose the judge can reduce the finding to a misdemeanor, but what for? He can still sentence with exactly the same manner. Does he owe Smith something? Is there ANY reason for the judge to swap the charges to Misdemeanors when the defense already pled no-contest to the felonies?

Smith could get out of this time and be back in for 6 years before the season is over. That is how truly Stupid this guy is. Aldon might mean well, but there is no cure for stupid and Smith is infected badly. With those kind of resources he needed a babysitter. Maybe he get a two for one with the Nanny he gets for his kid.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Marvin49":7rtsib0z said:

This lawyer tho...right or wrong, he's legit. He's not just some random Niner fan. They have him on whenever there is some legal issue and he's usually right. The funny part about him though is that he has a god awful toupee that seems to be in a different spot on his head every time he's on

Isn't the guy like a fricking Tax Lawyer? He is spot on all the time? How many times does the guy have to come on?!?!?!?!?! Hey, what about the prediction that he would beat the charges altogether because TV lawyer said it would be hard to prove? THAT worked out well.. "Oh, he should be able to beat those charges, they are hard to prove. Let's plead no contest then"

Marvin49":7rtsib0z said:
My prediction is little to no jail time and a 4 game suspension. We'll see how close I am on that. No judgement on how much time he SHOULD serve. Just predicting what WILL happen.

Actually, that isn't really saying much. run of the mill punishment for an NFL player. My point is how far the system will go out of it's way to make sure that Aldon gets the least possible punishment. I still think he could get 30 days or something like that... 3 felony gun charges and no time? Judge better have a pretty sweet luxury box, with naked girls and all the trimmings.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I just like following Loaf's new avatar. He must have paid his wife off with the bonus that a certain 49er troll loves me.:)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":t28wfp1e said:
I just like following Loaf's new avatar. He must have paid his wife off with the bonus that a certain 49er troll loves me.:)
If that's his wife or girlfriend then why does he spend so much time on this forum? 8)

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":34obky5h said:
MizzouHawkGal":34obky5h said:
If that's his wife or girlfriend then why does he spend so much time on this forum? 8)

This.

AnchoviesofTerror

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":2qypg347 said:
Sports Hernia":2qypg347 said:
MizzouHawkGal":2qypg347 said:

This.

Photoshop :stirthepot:

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
AnchoviesofTerror":3e2f48ml said:
lvnginhwktwn":3e2f48ml said:
Sports Hernia":3e2f48ml said:
MizzouHawkGal":3e2f48ml said:

This.

I call it the "New Car in driveway" look.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":2nimr48k said:
AnchoviesofTerror":2nimr48k said:
lvnginhwktwn":2nimr48k said:
MizzouHawkGal":2nimr48k said:

This.

I call it the "New Car in driveway" look.
She looks like a younger Bree Olson. (that's a good thing)

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3ag59as9 said:
Bitch slapped honey. BITCH SLAPPED.:)

@Rob, Why can't you use Cowboys v Aliens as the tagline? Olivia is BOSS.:)

Damn.... OK, why didn't I think of that? Olivia looks exceptionally boss when trying wipe my deposit from her crevice. Did I say that outside the Shack? OOPS. I had to do a little editing there.

rlkats

Reaction score
That does not sound good. Kam Track with VD. ;)

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
rlkats":1ggvly7o said:
That does not sound good. Kam Track with VD. ;)

Well there are many places we can take that. First thing that comes to mind is that Kamtrack has been impervious to VD for several years now.

Marvin49

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":15b5mo96 said:
Marvin49":15b5mo96 said:

This lawyer tho...right or wrong, he's legit. He's not just some random Niner fan. They have him on whenever there is some legal issue and he's usually right. The funny part about him though is that he has a god awful toupee that seems to be in a different spot on his head every time he's on

Isn't the guy like a fricking Tax Lawyer? He is spot on all the time? How many times does the guy have to come on?!?!?!?!?! Hey, what about the prediction that he would beat the charges altogether because TV lawyer said it would be hard to prove? THAT worked out well.. "Oh, he should be able to beat those charges, they are hard to prove. Let's plead no contest then"

Marvin49":15b5mo96 said:

Actually, that isn't really saying much. run of the mill punishment for an NFL player. My point is how far the system will go out of it's way to make sure that Aldon gets the least possible punishment. I still think he could get 30 days or something like that... 3 felony gun charges and no time? Judge better have a pretty sweet luxury box, with naked girls and all the trimmings.

....right....I shouldn't listen to the guy who has a law degree but I SHOULD listen to you. :D

OK.

For the record, he's probably on a few times a month and they usually ask him questions about the law with athletes on all teams in all sports....not just bay area teams.

As for the "beat the charges altogether", I said at the time that I didn't know the law well enough to say anything with expertise...so I posted about what I had read. This is a similar circumstance. Perhaps you are correct and he won't beat anything. Perhaps there wasn't a deal to be had so the lawyer saw a path to no prison time by pleading no contest very early in the process. Who knows.

I highly doubt tho that he spends any significant time in prison.

Time will tell if I'm right.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Marvin49":9l5coibq said:
....right....I shouldn't listen to the guy who has a law degree but I SHOULD listen to you. :D

OK.

I wasn't asking you to listen to me, but you probably should. I'm wicked smart. TV Lawyer.. Yeah, is that the same one you quoted when pointing out the lawyer said Aldon would beat the charges? No, I am not a lawyer, but I pleasured one in a variety of ways before she became a judge. That has to count for something right? :th2thumbs:

Marvin49":9l5coibq said:
For the record, he's probably on a few times a month and they usually ask him questions about the law with athletes on all teams in all sports....not just bay area teams.

As for the "beat the charges altogether", I said at the time that I didn't know the law well enough to say anything with expertise...so I posted about what I had read. This is a similar circumstance. Perhaps you are correct and he won't beat anything. Perhaps there wasn't a deal to be had so the lawyer saw a path to no prison time by pleading no contest very early in the process. Who knows.

Perhaps I am correct? What is this perhaps stuff? Aldon already lost on ALL charges. The verdict is in brother. There is no deal, there was no deal All that remains is the sentencing hearing.

I never once said Smith would serve significant time in the slam, I guessed that he would be sentenced to a year and that most of it would be suspended sentence. My honest guess is no more than 30 days. You argued that he would not get any time at all and now you are saying he wont see any significant time? Well no kidding. I agree with you there.

All kidding aside, I just do not see the motivation for the judge to avoid any jail time at all or reduce the charges. It just seems like if the judge was going to reduce the charges, that he would have done so at the time the no contest plea was entered. Like I have said before, it won't take a quality lawyer to come back to the sentencing in this case in the defense of other offenders. It will set a very questionable bar for others with the same situation and create a bunch of appellate litigation. Do you see the potential for that?

Marvin49

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":cui2oojo said:
Marvin49":cui2oojo said:

OK.

I wasn't asking you to listen to me, but you probably should. I'm wicked smart. TV Lawyer.. Yeah, is that the same one you quoted when pointing out the lawyer said Aldon would beat the charges? No, I am not a lawyer, but I pleasured one in a variety of ways before she became a judge. That has to count for something right? :th2thumbs:

Marvin49":cui2oojo said:

Perhaps I am correct? What is this perhaps stuff? Aldon already lost on ALL charges. The verdict is in brother. There is no deal, there was no deal All that remains is the sentencing hearing.

I never once said Smith would serve significant time in the slam, I guessed that he would be sentenced to a year and that most of it would be suspended sentence. My honest guess is no more than 30 days. You argued that he would not get any time at all and now you are saying he wont see any significant time? Well no kidding. I agree with you there.

All kidding aside, I just do not see the motivation for the judge to avoid any jail time at all or reduce the charges. It just seems like if the judge was going to reduce the charges, that he would have done so at the time the no contest plea was entered. Like I have said before, it won't take a quality lawyer to come back to the sentencing in this case in the defense of other offenders. It will set a very questionable bar for others with the same situation and create a bunch of appellate litigation. Do you see the potential for that?

1) No, its not the same person. He isn't just a "TV Lawyer" either. He's a practicing attorney.

2) "PERHAPS you are correct" is what I mean and it is correct. I get it. He plead No Contest. Its in the hands of the Judge. No deal was made. It's not rocket science.

That doesn't mean however that the lawyer didn't have a pretty good idea what the outcome would be before he had his client plead no contest. If he advised his client to plead No Contest instead of taking it to trial, he had a pretty damn good reason.

Its in the power of the Judge to give no time at all and even reduce the charge to a misdemeanor...even after the plea. Its now up to the lawyer to sway the judge in the case at sentencing. What will be before the judge at that point? A guy who legally purchased guns in another state and transported them and a guy who has issues with Alcohol. He voluntarily went to rehab for his issues with Alcohol and plead No Contest to the DUI. The lawyer will argue that his client and turned himself around and has matured.

What's in question here is what becomes of the case at LAX. It could have no effect if he isn't charged (and he still hasn't been).

Look...we obviously aren't getting anywhere on this. LOL. I'm not defending his actions. I am and have been disappointed. To me though, the DUIs are the stuff I've really been worried about. I think it's ludicrous that a guy would do time in jail for simply owning a gun with the wrong magazine. Still though, he broke the law and will be punished. I just don't see him doing significant time.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Marvin49":r0e27505 said:
blah blah blah, blah-bu-blah blah blah. Blah.

You silly bastard. :)

You have gone from claiming that Smith won't see any time, to "won't see any significant time". I applaud this even though the remote possibility exists that he doesn't spend a minute in the slammer.

Of course his lawyer knows about the likely outcome. He knew that DA wouldn't take whatever deal they were offering and he knew that any trial would have been very bad. No contest is the lesser sentence plus protection against the application of the case in civil matters.

DUI x2? A wash.
LAX? Who cares? That has NO bearing on the possession charges. It simply comes down to the sentence for a no contest plea for 3 counts of felony possession. Straight up. Other citizens have done time in prison for less.

Latest posts