AL West or Wildcard?

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Which is more likely? Ms trail Texas by 5.5 games. They trail Houston and Jays for 2nd/3rd WC by 4.5.

Which is more likely?

Since June 30th

Ms are 16-10
Jays 14-10
Houston 15-10
Texas 11-14

Ms are not catching WC much but AL West has been cut in half.

Thoughts?

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
They are done, just sold on Sewald. Even if we bought, I doubt we’d make it. Fangraphs had us at about 15% chance of making it.

Echawks

Reaction score
I dont see moving Sewald as a give up move as they are crazy strong there.. saucedo, speiers, munoz, brash and topa are all good.. if Munoz just gets that damn slider more consistent, he is top 5 closer in the game.

sutz

Reaction score
I dont see moving Sewald as a give up move as they are crazy strong there.. saucedo, speiers, munoz, brash and topa are all good.. if Munoz just gets that damn slider more consistent, he is top 5 closer in the game.
Yeah, Jerry and Servais don't necessarily believe in a full time closer. Servais likes to do matchups.

sutz

Reaction score
We're in a stretch where we're playing teams ahead of us in the standings. Keep winning and we can make up some ground quick.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I'm glad they are making a push, but this feels like a situation where it will be a little too late. If they started playing this kind of baseball in June maybe we make it.

Echawks

Reaction score
i have a feeling those last 4 games of the year will determine the winner of the division.

beastalamode

Reaction score
Yet another year where the m's front office is asking the fans to keep believing while selling off a good piece that would otherwise cost them to resign for cost controlled prospects that helps them put out future mediocre teams at a cheap price. Shocked I tell you!

Why not resign sewald for a couple more years? Why not resign graveman when we had the chance instead of trading him away for some lint and a piece of string and destroying what chance we had that year? I'm so happy I didn't get roped into spending money on this franchise this year, good luck to us passing up Texas and Houston with their beefed up starting pitching, cause we're gunna need it!

balakoth

Reaction score
Which is more likely? Ms trail Texas by 5.5 games. They trail Houston and Jays for 2nd/3rd WC by 4.5.

Which is more likely?

Since June 30th

Ms are 16-10
Jays 14-10
Houston 15-10
Texas 11-14

Ms are not catching WC much but AL West has been cut in half.

Thoughts?
Last Wild card... I feel that is HIGHLY doable...

Will we make it past a certain point unless we figure out a decent lineup? Probably not..

balakoth

Reaction score
Other teams care about winning. Clearly, the Mariners care about making $ over trying to win. 5 Playoffs in their entire history, and we get this same sh** every damn year.
To be fair the rangers are on top.. didnt need to sacrifice anything and traded some of their best prospects for 1 year rental because some how they did well and people hit well

That seems like a dumb move. While I do hate a ton we've done.. we do relish moves too much when they seem ridiculous in the long run (granted our long run is way to long haha)

HOuston has no farm team now, traded for one old ass mfer... rangers traded for a dude who really isnt doing that well but basedd on name only.

THis could be a saving grace for us to be honest. I dont see the division, but we honeslty have a GREAT shot at the wild card again and I love Rojas and C for the swaps... getting rid of 170 Kolten and Cade Marlow really... being the man.

Kelenic doesnt even have to com back as Murphy is pulling his weight as well.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
The best move was getting rid of Wong and Pollack..That dead weight was bad energy