Ahmad Brooks Indicted for Sexual Battery

Marvin49

Reaction score
Laloosh":1q8w6uy8 said:
ringless":1q8w6uy8 said:
Sports Hernia":1q8w6uy8 said:
Funny thing is though there is still quite a large number of folks over on the denialzone that think the niners still have a great shot at making the playoffs despite all of their offseason personnel losses.

I saw the polls were 50%+ of their fans think this will be a double digit win season for them.

But in any case there are fans that think all sorts of crazy things. Last year for example a lot of Seahawks fans thought they would or could go 16-0. Especially after the Green Bay game where Percy Harvin was involved in a sweep play with Wilson and Lynch. At that time I remember reading 16-0 was in the books because not only was the D unstoppable. So was the O. Then the team barely stole the first seed from a depleted Cardinals team. A team I had no faith in to begin the season and outperformed my expectations.

What I am saying is its the NFL. Half the fans will be on one side or the other on feelings about their respective teams. The NFL is built in a way nothing is guaranteed. Even for the Hawks this year.

I'm not sure why any of you think that it's lost on us that anything can happen. I could be struck by lightning whilst typing this right...

Tell that to the peeps who mock Niner fans for not already conceding the season.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Marvin49":3lmyldr5 said:
Laloosh":3lmyldr5 said:
ringless":3lmyldr5 said:
Sports Hernia":3lmyldr5 said:
Funny thing is though there is still quite a large number of folks over on the denialzone that think the niners still have a great shot at making the playoffs despite all of their offseason personnel losses.

I saw the polls were 50%+ of their fans think this will be a double digit win season for them.

But in any case there are fans that think all sorts of crazy things. Last year for example a lot of Seahawks fans thought they would or could go 16-0. Especially after the Green Bay game where Percy Harvin was involved in a sweep play with Wilson and Lynch. At that time I remember reading 16-0 was in the books because not only was the D unstoppable. So was the O. Then the team barely stole the first seed from a depleted Cardinals team. A team I had no faith in to begin the season and outperformed my expectations.

What I am saying is its the NFL. Half the fans will be on one side or the other on feelings about their respective teams. The NFL is built in a way nothing is guaranteed. Even for the Hawks this year.

I'm not sure why any of you think that it's lost on us that anything can happen. I could be struck by lightning whilst typing this right...

Tell that to the peeps who mock Niner fans for not already conceding the season.
I think you missed the joke there, Marv. Thanks for being the first to reply and not appreciate the effort on my part. The things I do for you Niner fans and you can't meet me half way.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
ringless":vlhmtd5x said:
Sports Hernia":vlhmtd5x said:

Sure but was it 50%? Of course there are always fans that believe it can happen. There are fans on the zone that believe (or at least post) they will go 19-0. Probably not a huge % different than Seahawks fans. It's part of the game.

Tell me though. What do you think has a better chance of happening? I am curious. Do you think the Seahawks have a better chance at 19-0 or the 9ers have a better shot at 10 wins? I'm curious.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Laloosh":23uo0wcr said:
Marvin49":23uo0wcr said:
Laloosh":23uo0wcr said:
ringless":23uo0wcr said:

I think you missed the joke there, Marv. Thanks for being the first to reply and not appreciate the effort on my part. The things I do for you Niner fans and you can't meet me half way.

Nah, I got it...tho was rather surprised to see you respond after being struck. :D

ringless

Reaction score
RichNhansom":1w2p2dlf said:
ringless":1w2p2dlf said:
Sports Hernia":1w2p2dlf said:

Sure but was it 50%? Of course there are always fans that believe it can happen. There are fans on the zone that believe (or at least post) they will go 19-0. Probably not a huge % different than Seahawks fans. It's part of the game.

Tell me though. What do you think has a better chance of happening? I am curious. Do you think the Seahawks have a better chance at 19-0 or the 9ers have a better shot at 10 wins? I'm curious.

I would say the 49ers at 10 wins as opposed to the Seahawks at 19-0. There has only been one perfect season and that was in 1972 and that was when it was a 14 game season on top of that. The 49ers could be a 7 win team this season that gets some luck to get to 10-6. I think its fair to say that is more likely. Not a knock on Seattle. They are clearly the class of the division. But its a long season in a game of inches.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Marvin49":2ne3m8oi said:
Laloosh":2ne3m8oi said:
Marvin49":2ne3m8oi said:
Laloosh":2ne3m8oi said:

Nah, I got it...tho was rather surprised to see you respond after being struck. :D

Doh! :229031_banghead:

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
ringless":1eqe0iec said:
Sports Hernia":1eqe0iec said:

Lets get real... Seahawks going 16-0 wasnt impossible and it wasnt an insane prediction given the talent of the roster.

But talent is only half the battle...

You also need a healthy diet of camaraderie which didnt come later until after the KC game and the aftermath of the Percy debacle which was a huge lockerroom splitting distraction at the time.

So, camaraderie and good helping of luck... And not just the ball miraciously bouncing your way like the Cardinals had for like thier first 6-8 games but more so injury luck. I could go through the whole list of players but youll just temper it with the cliche " every team goes through injuries".

Which is the truth, every team does goes through injuries, many teams do go through distractions, but not many teams are resilient enough to tough it out, band together, and continue to play Championship football to a NFC best 12-4 season.

12-4 isnt 16-0. But it sure feels close to it after all the drama and injuries Seahawks suffered through the first 10 games.

Those four lossess being won by an accumaltive of 22 points. Or 5.5 ppg. Less than a TD. Which was pretty much true with losses of 9, 7, 4, and 2. Each game the Seahawks had a chance at the end to win it.

9 point loss to SD, was only a 6 point defecit, until the Sehawks turned-over the ball on downs with 2 minutes left allowing SD to run 3 times and kick a chipshot fg.

19/4 = 4.75 loss deficit per game.

You add in the Patroits game:

26/5 = 5.2 loss deficit per game.

23/5 = 4.6 loss deficit per game.

19-0 wouldnt have been a pipe dream either.

It could have been as easy as never trading for Percy Harvin and re-signing Golden Tate. Who would have boosted the WR corps and Return game.

But im not mad honestly, no Harvin = no Tate = no Tyler Lockett.

Thundercat is gonna be special. Like a poorman's 2002/2003 Dante Hall meets a poorman's Antonio Brown special.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":2whsz4v8 said:
Thundercat is gonna be special. Like a poorman's 2002/2003 Dante Hall meets a poorman's Antonio Brown special.

Can we please agree that Pandion isn't allowed to name things?

ringless

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":31ezxaxz said:
ringless":31ezxaxz said:
Sports Hernia":31ezxaxz said:

Lets get real... Seahawks going 16-0 wasnt impossible and it wasnt an insane prediction given the talent of the roster.

You also need a healthy diet of camaraderie which didnt come later until after the KC game and the aftermath of the Percy debacle which was a huge lockerroom splitting distraction at the time.

So, camaraderie and good helping of luck... And not just the ball miraciously bouncing your way like the Cardinals had for like thier first 6-8 games but more so injury luck. I could go through the whole list of players but youll just temper it with the cliche " every team goes through injuries".

Which is the truth, every team does goes through injuries, many teams do go through distractions, but not many teams are resilient enough to tough it out, band together, and continue to play Championship football to a NFC best 12-4 season.

12-4 isnt 16-0. But it sure feels close to it after all the drama and injuries Seahawks suffered through the first 10 games.

Those four lossess being won by an accumaltive of 22 points. Or 5.5 ppg. Less than a TD. Which was pretty much true with losses of 9, 7, 4, and 2. Each game the Seahawks had a chance at the end to win it.

9 point loss to SD, was only a 6 point defecit, until the Sehawks turned-over the ball on downs with 2 minutes left allowing SD to run 3 times and kick a chipshot fg.

It could have been as easy as never trading for Percy Harvin and re-signing Golden Tate. Who would have boosted the WR corps and Return game.

So what makes our close wins lucky but not the Seahawks? Wasn't the Seahawks Packers game lucky? What about the Carolina game early in the season? What about the 6 one possession wins the Seahawks had? Luck was in seattles favor often. When you are talking about 19-0 you have to remember one play can derail that. And that's extremely liked to happen at some point. And it clearly has. And will again.

Or how about this. The Seahawks had 23 fumbles last year and only lost 7. Now that is luck and will revert to the mean. An easily forgotten star that had a huge impact.

Laloosh

Reaction score
ringless":6y9jgj23 said:
So what makes our close wins lucky but not the Seahawks? Wasn't the Seahawks Packers game lucky? What about the Carolina game early in the season? What about the 6 one possession wins the Seahawks had? Luck was in seattles favor often. When you are talking about 19-0 you have to remember one play can derail that. And that's extremely liked to happen at some point. And it clearly has. And will again.

Or how about this. The Seahawks had 23 fumbles last year and only lost 7. Now that is luck and will revert to the mean. An easily forgotten star that had a huge impact.

Found something you can agree with all of the Niner fans about, Seattle is just a lucky team...

Regarding the fumbles, I get that you've read about that stat somewhere but if you really think about it, how unrealistic is it for the QB or a lineman to jump on a snap related fumble before the defense can get to it? Thirteen of those were from Wilson alone and a lot of QB fumbles get jumped on in a hurry. It's no secret that Unger was snapping the ball like he had Crisco on his hands.

Sure, some luck is required to win 12 or 13 games in an NFL season but AZ is proof that it takes more than luck, hence their 2-4 record to end the season while Seattle won 9 of 10. Yes, I think AZ got lucky to win some games. I'd concede that Seattle was lucky to win some games. Regardless, SEA is a much better team.

Give me a break.

Maulbert

Reaction score
ringless":2rot9axf said:
Pandion Haliaetus":2rot9axf said:
ringless":2rot9axf said:
Sports Hernia":2rot9axf said:

6 one possesion wins? Bullshit. Seattle was 3-3 in one possesion games last season. At least check your facts first. :141847_bnono:

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Laloosh":22b80y84 said:
Pandion Haliaetus":22b80y84 said:

Can we please agree that Pandion isn't allowed to name things?

Definitely not. I like the name thundercat for no-E.

ringless

Reaction score
Guys I wasn't debating who was better, I was debating the unlikely hood of a 19-0 Season for Seattle compared to a 10 win season for SF. My point was fumbles happen. Injuries happen. Luck can happen on any given play that could easily make Seattle a 19-0 Season near impossible.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
ringless":3l5wngcs said:
Guys I wasn't debating who was better, I was debating the unlikely hood of a 19-0 Season for Seattle compared to a 10 win season for SF. My point was fumbles happen. Injuries happen. Luck can happen on any given play that could easily make Seattle a 19-0 Season near impossible.

Yeah it was just a hypothetical question. If I were betting one against the other I would also bet on the 9ers getting 10 wins vs us going undefeated. That might have more to do with my feelings about the NFL allowing it. I am a believer that the NFL increases difficulty for teams they deem capable of dominating another opponent and they do this partially by regulating the in game rules. Meaning they suddenly can't see anything wrong on one side of the ball while the other starts getting mystical penalties.

I also expect that to apply the other way for the 9ers. They will get some help from the officials just to prevent them looking as bad as they really are and will probably pick up a game or two they wouldn't have otherwise. Look at the penalty ratio between Seattle and San Fran the last few meetings. The ratio is something like 45-9 on penalties against but if we demoralize them every time we play them the rivalry is busted and the NFL loses tons of money.

In a truly fair NFL I think I would take the Seahawks to go undefeated but I have seen enough football that I don't believe it is 100% fair. Not fixed mind you just one team will seem to be playing up hill while another team gets away with murder. Kind of like the Niners vs Panthers playoff game where Boldin was head butting multiple players with no call but one time a Panther does it and gets a personal foul. Less parity in that one though. I think that one was more about the money, A 9er vs Seahawk NFCC game would bring in vs a Panther Seahawk NFCC game.

greenblue_eye's2

Reaction score
ringless":ehy10y76 said:
irocdave":ehy10y76 said:
I honestly feel bad for "some" niners fans. That some wouldn't be many in the toiletzone. Couldn't imagine being a fan of a team going through this in one season. The Hawks went through something similar in the mid 90's but dam, not nearly as many incidents for as many years. When does the NFL step in and put the hammer down on the owner like they did with the Bengals about 10 years ago?

I was wondering if the league would step in as well. Maybe dock next years 3rd and 4th picks. (I can dream can't I!) I mean that whole organization has been detrimental to the league and the shield the last few years. I feel bad for posters like Marvin. But considering nobody has ever been willing to have a conversation with me over there I enjoy it for the most part.

Ikr...lolz, I honestly believe that the York Family has got something on Commissioner Goodell, he is always looking the other way when some crap goes down in Santa Clara?!

Latest posts