Ahmad Brooks Indicted for Sexual Battery

irocdave

Reaction score
I honestly feel bad for "some" niners fans. That some wouldn't be many in the toiletzone. Couldn't imagine being a fan of a team going through this in one season. The Hawks went through something similar in the mid 90's but dam, not nearly as many incidents for as many years. When does the NFL step in and put the hammer down on the owner like they did with the Bengals about 10 years ago?

ringless

Reaction score
irocdave":dqufkeuu said:
I honestly feel bad for "some" niners fans. That some wouldn't be many in the toiletzone. Couldn't imagine being a fan of a team going through this in one season. The Hawks went through something similar in the mid 90's but dam, not nearly as many incidents for as many years. When does the NFL step in and put the hammer down on the owner like they did with the Bengals about 10 years ago?

I was wondering if the league would step in as well. Maybe dock next years 3rd and 4th picks. (I can dream can't I!) I mean that whole organization has been detrimental to the league and the shield the last few years. I feel bad for posters like Marvin. But considering nobody has ever been willing to have a conversation with me over there I enjoy it for the most part.

lsheldon

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3b54d7kg said:
RedAlice":3b54d7kg said:
Extremely.

Does that leave them with only one D starter now from the SB team? (Bowman).

I think so, yeah. I'm curious to see Marvin's take. :)

Don't worry, Marvin will come up with a way to spin this to protect his team's honor.

Laloosh

Reaction score
lsheldon":24duu2xs said:
RolandDeschain":24duu2xs said:
RedAlice":24duu2xs said:
Extremely.

Does that leave them with only one D starter now from the SB team? (Bowman).

I think so, yeah. I'm curious to see Marvin's take. :)

Don't worry, Marvin will come up with a way to spin this to protect his team's honor.

Honor, like "I plead the 5th, your honor"?

rlkats

Reaction score
Wow. Well the only thing here to say is. Why was he not cut long ago. The blind homerism of all fans of all teams is winning first. So to those that sit on their holier than thou thrones and act like if it was their team they would say cut him are lying to themselves. Now.

I said long ago cut his ass and was blasted by my fellow niner fans. Yes this was not a surprise at all. They way this team has been ran is humiliating to all loyal fans. Its down right embarrassing. Idiots complete idiots run this team from the god child to dumbass Balke. This team has NO resemblance of the Niners that I would watch as a small kid with my grandfather. The NFL is a joke. uts all about the money plain and simple. There is no other reason to continue with the insanity that is currently happening.so to Willis, Borland, Smith and the many others that seen the writing on the wall and bounced. God bless you men.

Laloosh

Reaction score
rlkats":30tff07p said:
Wow. Well the only thing here to say is. Why was he not cut long ago. The blind homerism of all fans of all teams is winning first. So to those that sit on their holier than thou thrones and act like if it was their team they would say cut him are lying to themselves. Now.

I said long ago cut his ass and was blasted by my fellow niner fans. Yes this was not a surprise at all. They way this team has been ran is humiliating to all loyal fans. Its down right embarrassing. Idiots complete idiots run this team from the god child to dumbass Balke. This team has NO resemblance of the Niners that I would watch as a small kid with my grandfather. The NFL is a joke. uts all about the money plain and simple. There is no other reason to continue with the insanity that is currently happening.so to Willis, Borland, Smith and the many others that seen the writing on the wall and bounced. God bless you men.

Points for not deflecting. As always, rlkats calls it like he sees it.

ringless

Reaction score
rlkats":ut33rgq8 said:

I have been a homer myself about the Daryl Washington excuses.
As are Seahawks fans with Frank Clark.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
ringless":1f54iknd said:
rlkats":1f54iknd said:

I have been a homer myself about the Daryl Washington excuses.
As are Seahawks fans with Frank Clark.

I've read the incident that came with Frank Clark, and it's a very sensitive one, I for one hope P&J did their homework and is helping this kid grow up as a real man. We don't know what the future holds until it's further down the line. Everyone of these athletes react differently to fame, but with a positive group of teammates I hope it rubs off on him and there will be no further problems.

Hawks46

Reaction score
This is getting pretty bad alright, but I don't think much will come of this.

Sexual battery is a misdemeanor. It can usually be plead down to a violation if it's the defendant's first offense and typically if restitution is made to the victim. Literally, this is like being drunk in a bar and grabbing some random woman's ass. Is it wrong? Hell yes. Do people go to jail over it? Rarely.

The worst thing that will probably happen to Brooks is a 4 game suspension. At some point, the league has to start taking draft picks away from the Niners. There's just too many problems going on right now and it seems like they aren't doing enough to police their players.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":23ps8k21 said:
York did fleece a community for a new stadium, though. Thats the biggest win for them in the last 20 years.

He should have built it on Alcatraz all things considered.

rlkats

Reaction score
Hawks46":3ze6n60b said:
This is getting pretty bad alright, but I don't think much will come of this.

Sexual battery is a misdemeanor. It can usually be plead down to a violation if it's the defendant's first offense and typically if restitution is made to the victim. Literally, this is like being drunk in a bar and grabbing some random woman's ass. Is it wrong? Hell yes. Do people go to jail over it? Rarely.

The worst thing that will probably happen to Brooks is a 4 game suspension. At some point, the league has to start taking draft picks away from the Niners. There's just too many problems going on right now and it seems like they aren't doing enough to police their players.

So I feel since he has a looong history he has a long extended vaca. For a season. Next year he will be a hawk lol.
While I agree about the league doing something I disagree about taking draft pics. Balke is a whore in getting them. Fine the GM big time then fine the Owner and his pet kid. Take the cash and donate it to an abused womans/kids fund. Then take a hammer and smash Brooks and Mcdonalds balls ;)

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Hawks46":3ouvf6rs said:
Sexual battery is a misdemeanor. .

Don't know how it is in other places, but in California it can be charged as a misdemeanor or felony.

The OOOOOOOONNNLLLLYYYY thing that gives me any hesitation whatsoever is that it was charged at the misdemeanor level. If it was charged at the felony level -- no matter what happened -- I think he would have been instanty cut.

I only say this because Bruce Miller was originally charged with misdeamenor level domestic violence, which was pled down to misdemeanor level disturbing the piece. In that case an independent witness who gave his fiancee their phone to call the police confirmed that the full extend of what happened was that Miller snatched his fiancee's phone from her hand and broke it.

That's a crappy thing to do and not something someone should ever do obviously, but absent physical contact (as was the case) not the type of thing I think he needs punishment from the league or his employer over.

So, I very much lean toward throwing the book at Brooks (I just take these types of cases really seriously), but my only hesitation is that they charged as a misdemeanor (meaning they likely expect to plead down to a nuisance violation), making me want a little more info before going off the rails on him.

As for the league taking draft picks from the 9ers, LOL. They've undoubtedly had a very bad streak of player charges which cannot and should not be minimized, but over the last five years, even with Aldon's six arrests alone, they're still behind four or five other teams in arrests.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Over the last five years, yes but you have to go back that far to apply it. Over the last three years you guys are the NFL power house of prison ball. Congrats.

I also think it would be interesting to compare the types of arrests over even the 5 year stretch. Peeing in public can get you arrested but how does the violent or morbidly stupid arrests compare?

Popeyejones

Reaction score
^^^^ True about last five or three years. Three years is a weird uneven number though, which serves a purpose in getting to a desired conclusion, but also obscures a bit, IMO.

Last year, last five years, last ten years for any type of statistics generally means someone isn't trying to sell you something, IMO.

Even that three year figure gets more than doubled just because of Aldon Smith (not saying he doesn't count, he obviously does, but it adds context to it too).

Whatever it is, we can agree that the 9ers have had a really terrible run of it.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3aymaa97 said:
Hawks46":3aymaa97 said:
Sexual battery is a misdemeanor. .

Don't know how it is in other places, but in California it can be charged as a misdemeanor or felony.

The OOOOOOOONNNLLLLYYYY thing that gives me any hesitation whatsoever is that it was charged at the misdemeanor level. If it was charged at the felony level -- no matter what happened -- I think he would have been instanty cut.

I only say this because Bruce Miller was originally charged with misdeamenor level domestic violence, which was pled down to misdemeanor level disturbing the piece. In that case an independent witness who gave his fiancee their phone to call the police confirmed that the full extend of what happened was that Miller snatched his fiancee's phone from her hand and broke it.

That's a crappy thing to do and not something someone should ever do obviously, but absent physical contact (as was the case) not the type of thing I think he needs punishment from the league or his employer over.

So, I very much lean toward throwing the book at Brooks (I just take these types of cases really seriously), but my only hesitation is that they charged as a misdemeanor (meaning they likely expect to plead down to a nuisance violation), making me want a little more info before going off the rails on him.

As for the league taking draft picks from the 9ers, LOL. They've undoubtedly had a very bad streak of player charges which cannot and should not be minimized, but over the last five years, even with Aldon's six arrests alone, they're still behind four or five other teams in arrests.

That's kinda where I'm at.

I remember when this first came out a few months ago. McDonald had cameras installed in his house after the incident with his wife and the plaintiff in this case and her lawyer wanted access to that video. Odd that they were making a case prior to even seeing the video when the woman was unconscious when she says said activities took place.

Who knows tho...perhaps she was going on something someone else saw. No idea. This is the report from May BTW:

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/49 ... 29501.html

Not sure what will become of it. If Brooks is guilty, cut him. I want him gone. That ain't cool.

I am not 100% certain tho that there is any validity to it. I need to see more.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RichNhansom":3vxdnbgv said:
Over the last five years, yes but you have to go back that far to apply it. Over the last three years you guys are the NFL power house of prison ball. Congrats.

I also think it would be interesting to compare the types of arrests over even the 5 year stretch. Peeing in public can get you arrested but how does the violent or morbidly stupid arrests compare?

Man...its just been ridiculous. Just seems like every other week it's SOMETHING. Some of them are new, some of them are rehashing of old stories because first there is a report then there is a charge 3-4 months later and peeps see it as two events...

...but regardless it's WAY, WAY, WAY too many. It's embarrassing.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Yeah, if she was blacked out or unconscious and he groped her breast or something then I hope they cut his @ss.

Breaking someone's phone is a bad thing to do and deserving of anger counseling but groping a blacked out person is in another class of wrong, imo