After the INT TD, Geno did "pretty good"

renofox

Reaction score
Drive 1: 13 plays, 75 yards, 6:35, TOUCHDOWN - 6/6 61yds, TD (QB 3/3 passing on 3rd down, team 4/4)

Drive 2: 13 plays, 81 yards, 6:46, TOUCHDOWN - 3/4 18yds, 2 rush 30 yards (QB 1/1 rushing on 3rd down, team 3/3)

Drive 3: 5 plays, 85 yards, 1:18, TOUCHDOWN - 1/1 51yds (no 3rd downs)

Drive 4: Victory Formation

QB Totals: 10/11 130yds TD, 2 rushes 30 yards (4/4 3rd down conversions)

WHAT A GAME MANAGER!

NOTE: Geno only threw 1 pass on the last drive. Not doing enough to help the team win in the 4th quarter. /s

toffee

Reaction score
Drive 1: 13 plays, 75 yards, 6:35, TOUCHDOWN - 6/6 61yds, TD (QB 3/3 passing on 3rd down, team 4/4)

Drive 2: 13 plays, 81 yards, 6:46, TOUCHDOWN - 3/4 18yds, 2 rush 30 yards (QB 1/1 rushing on 3rd down, team 3/3)

WHAT A GAME MANAGER!

NOTE: Geno only threw 1 pass on the last drive. Not doing enough to help the team win in the 4th quarter. /s
MVP material.

Rainger

Reaction score

WHAT A GAME MANAGER!

Yea BUT! I know some Geno hater will say that.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
The moment was too big for him...

I could see how last year the first couple games he played people thought that. But this year he’s the starter. And he believes in his talent. Bad coaches over the years almost took that from him.

Who would have thought when he became Russ’s backup that eventually he would play in a offense that is this good. Waldron had one bad game against SF. Since then it’s been fun to watch.

Torc

Reaction score
It might be time to stop thinking there are any Geno haters or doubters at this point. Let's be honest here:

Last year, Geno went 1-2 as a starter. At the end of his first full game, he took a sack and fumbled on what could have been the winning drive. Game 2, the offense scored a whopping 10 points. His third game, the offense scored 31 against one of the worst defenses. In all, he played pretty well - well enough to scare Russ out of his injury time off.

This year: Game 1, scored 17 but zero in the second half. Game 2, shut out. Game 3 - again, played pretty well but the offense only managed a field goal in the second half. It wasn't until game 4 that the offense really got on track (but the defense hadn't yet). To his credit, it's been on track ever since.

This notion that people have been crazy to doubt him when in 5 of his first 6 games as a starter (back to last year) he played just adequately, is just silly. There's no shame in expecting him to have some sustained success for a fan to feel some confidence. (I'm talking about us fans here, not the coaches or players.) He's played 6 really good games in a row (I'm giving him the first AZ game, it was a defensive slog fest). NOW I feel really confident in him, that he'll lead a TD drive when he needs to. He's answered all of my concerns. But 4 games ago? No, he had not.

If there are any doubters on the board at this point, I'd be interested to hear their thoughts. Anyone willing to 'fess up? :p

Chuckwow

Reaction score
I don't hear too many, if anybody, really hating on Geno. Am I missing something or are many just trying to resurrect that disrespect card that we really haven't seen in like forever. For the past decade I doubt more than a handful of teams have received more respect than our Seattle Seahawks. People saying we are / were in "rebuild mode", etc...that's not disrespect. That's just people, some very educated, miscalculating the time needed for Pete to assemble this excellent '22 team. Truly remarkable....and arguably Pete's greatest achievement.

I personally felt Geno was going to be better than Wilson. But I'm not looking for props because I feel that bar was set pretty low to begin with. Am I surprised by Geno's crazy success? Very. And I feel very good about it. Unapologetically.

I don't mean to be a wet blanket but I see no need for all the "I was wrong" and "we get no respect" posts. And if YOU saw all this coming...please remember, your super powers should be used only for good, never for evil.

Boohman14

Reaction score
The biggest glaring difference between Russ and Geno is that Russ seldom praised the defense or his receivers. I mean how often did Baldwin make a play just when one was needed? And the playoff catch in Minnesota was the second biggest factor in that win.
The first thing Geno said today was thanking the defense for playing hard and owning mistakes. He never speaks to the media without lauding his receivers, line and intangible plays made by teammates. Who wouldn't want to play in that environment?

Fade

Reaction score
Geno played like a Franchise QB once again,, outside of the first 2 drives of the 2nd Half.