AFCW revenge game for Seahawks in Superbowl. Who do you...

NavySeaHawk

Reaction score
Prefer, the chefs or donkos?

I want the broncos, that would be having our cake and eating it too!

The broncos are a passing team, no running game...i like the match up.
:179417:

Plus we beat the chiefs back in 99 when we backed in to the play offs...it was them or us, we beat them.

Seahawks 34 broncos 13

bestfightstory

Reaction score
I would prefer the Chiefs just cuz I appreciate their team and fanbase more.

(Which doesn't equate to revenge, per se, but that is who I would rather play, nonetheless.)

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Either would be fine by me but if I had to pick one I'd say the donkeys . I've kinda lost the hate for the CHEIFS

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Would have meant a lot more the year or two after we left the AFC. After 13 years in the NFC West, all the old rivalries are pretty much dead to me. They're just another AFC team I didn't give a rats ass about, and I don't care about any of 'em. Same way I felt about the NFC when we were in the AFC. I do hope the Chiefs take out the Broncos in the playoffs though... It would be a much easier matchup against the Chiefs that are playing way over their heads right now.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I know this is an AFC west thread but who would love to see the Redskins make the playoffs and come to our house to be knocked out once again by us? I would really cherish that.

Seahawkx

Reaction score
Chiefs>>> Firstly, We own Alex Smith!
Secondly, the Chiefs are the biggest pretenders of this generation. Would be a piece of cake for us to beat them.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
bestfightstory":422yoh3c said:
I would prefer the Chiefs just cuz I appreciate their team and fanbase more.

(Which doesn't equate to revenge, per se, but that is who I would rather play, nonetheless.)

I like 'em too.
They're my most respected option.
Which also coincides with cheapest SB tickets.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
I hate the Broncos less under Manning than I ever did under John "I am not Gary Busey" Elway. That and we have pummeled them the last 2 pre-seasons. So I guess the Chiefs? Dont really care. They're in our way!

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
BlueThunder":2j9dpt37 said:
Would have meant a lot more the year or two after we left the AFC. After 13 years in the NFC West, all the old rivalries are pretty much dead to me. They're just another AFC team I didn't give a rats ass about, and I don't care about any of 'em. Same way I felt about the NFC when we were in the AFC. I do hope the Chiefs take out the Broncos in the playoffs though... It would be a much easier matchup against the Chiefs that are playing way over their heads right now.

Yeppers. I've long since lost any disdain for the AFCW teams, but if it came down to the chiefs or broncos for the super bowl I'd rather us play the Broncos although that could conjure up a XL and "The Bus" mentality with Manning. That scares me more than their team.

KC's Defense is for real though and could cause us some real problems.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
hawkfannj":133acnyq said:
Either would be fine by me but if I had to pick one I'd say the donkeys . I've kinda lost the hate for the CHEIFS
Remember Derrek Thomas? Remember that game where he broke the single-game sack record on sorry-ass Mudbone Dave Kreig and Kreig threw a desperation hail mary at the end and WON THE FN GAME??

BlueThunder

Reaction score
400WattHPSHawk":37f0jgbp said:
Yeppers. I've long since lost any disdain for the AFCW teams, but if it came down to the chiefs or broncos for the super bowl I'd rather us play the Broncos although that could conjure up a XL and "The Bus" mentality with Manning. That scares me more than their team.

KC's Defense is for real though and could cause us some real problems.

That is exactly what I'm thinking. If we play the Broncos in the SB, the NFL's TOTAL bias would be for the "Send Peyton out with another ring" mentality, ala Jerome Bettis. We want to draw some team that is more boring and less money-losing to the NFL than us (Chiefs), with a smaller market and no standout stars. If we play the Broncos, expect to see more ticky-tack and phantom calls on both sides of the ball for us. I have no doubt there would be many... Goddamn WWE NFL these days! I know a lot of you guys call BS on this, but if the Bronc's play us in the big one... Oh, Youllllll see.... We'll just need to outplay the fix.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I want whichever's the better team. I want to beat the 2nd best team in the league.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Easy one for me. The Broncos, for 2 reasons.

1. Peyton Manning's disrespectful disregard for an up and coming Seahawks team. He went on all those visits and talked to many different teams before choosing the Broncos but when the Seahawks flew the teams jet out to talk to him he completely dissed them and made them look like fools, acting as if he was too good for the lousy ol' south Alaska Seahawks. Not that I want Peyton on this team now, with hindsight, (he'd never have made it past that Tampa game as well as a few others with our oline injuries and his ancient body :les: ). However it would be all the sweeter to be the team that keeps him from winning another championship when he knows he had a chance to be a part of it... :twisted:

and 2. Playing a team like Denver against a QB like Peyton Manning would "Look" a whole lot better regardless of the reality. KC may actually be legit and a better/more complete team come Playoff time but the Media and the average ignorant fan's perception of us beating KC vs. us beating a Peyton lead Broncos team is night and day. I can already here the Trent Dilfer's of the world talking shit for us beating a "pretender KC team that somehow rode extreme luck to make it to the Superbowl but didn't deserve to be there".

Either way, ultimately I want to play and beat the best team because I believe 100% that this Seahawks team can win against anyone! SO with that I don't want the win cheapened or lessened in any way. I hope whoever we play that everyone in America is picking them to win over us (except us confident and informed members of the 12th man of course!). This team with the chip they carry would eat that up!

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":26xs2rzi said:
I want whichever's the better team. I want to beat the 2nd best team in the league.

That will be whichever team emerges from the ranks of the AFC, Poindexter.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
I want the Broncos. Seattle's first ever playoff win was against Denver, it's only fitting that our first Super Bowl win be against them too.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":11awedp2 said:
Easily Chiefs. I want no part of a second jobbing so the league can get Pretty Boy Manning his second ring.

That crossed my mind, too.

But, then, I didn't want to sound paranoid and conspiratorial. Like you. :th2thumbs:

irocdave

Reaction score
Donkies. Would also like to see Bosworth raise the flag before the game. He could hand out the horse face shirts before the game to bring back some of the old time hatred.

hawker84

Reaction score
i think the chiefs are overrated, screw that noise, i want the Colts, we have some unfinished business there...

Latest posts