ADB Fined for SB Touchdown Celebration(espn)

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
shawnsim":23jdud5i said:
Actually yes he does. That was the worst debacle I have ever seen in sports history such
a juvenile display of stupidity.
He single handedly painted us as infantile juvenile babies. How you cannot see that just boggles my mind.

You're totally missing the point. I think what he did was dumb and I'll be the first to admit that. But what I also think is dumb is certain fans' tendencies to make it all about them. We are talking about a player doing a dumb thing, and yet fans want to make it a "trust" issue? :lol: Like players somehow crave shawnsim's trust?

hawknation2015

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":1scjiuxq said:
shawnsim":1scjiuxq said:
Actually yes he does. That was the worst debacle I have ever seen in sports history such
He single handedly painted us as infantile juvenile babies. How you cannot see that just boggles my mind.

You're totally missing the point. I think what he did was dumb and I'll be the first to admit that. But what I also think is dumb is certain fans' tendencies to make it all about them. We are talking about a player doing a dumb thing, and yet fans want to make it a "trust" issue? :lol: Like players somehow crave shawnsim's trust?

As a fan, I can only speak to why I feel it showed a lack of maturity and embarrassed the team I support. I feel the same way about him calling Russell "fake" before training camp. Is it going to take effort on his part for coaches and players to regain their trust in him? I don't know; you would have to ask them that question, and I wouldn't expect a straight answer. I can only speak to what I know and believe.

StoneCold

Reaction score
ivotuk":5w3spznz said:
StoneCold":5w3spznz said:
I didn't like Baldwin's pooping act, but he and Kearse are better receivers than most give them credit. Everyone keeps saying we missed Tate. Tate had 142 targets and 99 catches this year. 1.4 catches per target. Baldwin had 98 targets and 66 catches, 1.4 per. Kearse had fewer targets but his number was 1.7 per target.

SC

Who is "Everyone" because I haven't heard it much. And people are giving them plenty of credit, and love. Considering Doug's childishness in the Superbowl, more love than he deserves.

I wasn't using "everyone" in the literal sense, just in reference to a large group of people that say such a thing. I'm also not excusing Doug's incredibly stupid action. It's hard to reconcile the usually intelligent receiver with what he did. It's one thing to rant at reporters after a game. It's entirely another to hurt your team. I hope he steps up and owns this. It did have an affect on the game and could have been the critical yards that made the difference.

If we kick off normally, and they get the ball on the 15 and then punt from the 30, it's very possible the field position for our next drive is better than the 20. Who knows. Hopefully Doug learns from this and gets better.

SC

Boycie

Reaction score
ZorntoLargent":25zb2oxd said:
Tical21":25zb2oxd said:
He's the one guy who's schtick I don't like at all. Nothing endearing about the guy, just an annoying guy with a bad attitude. None of his little rants make any sense, or have any kind of motivation besides whining.

I agree. I understand the chip, but showing it so outwardly is getting old.
Aight?

His act has gotten old for me! Just go out and play hard!

shawnsim

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1vwqmogn said:
shawnsim":1vwqmogn said:
therealjohncarlson":1vwqmogn said:
shawnsim":1vwqmogn said:
Stupid post.

He did lose respect and goodwill from the fans. It seems to be obvious by just perusing these boards.

It was clearly the single most idiotic and classless thing I have ever witnessed in football.

How you can justify it is mind blowing.

"Regain our trust"? :roll: Lines like that are so corny and undermine the undeniable fact that we are fans watching athletes play a sport. Why does he need our trust? And what does "trust" even have to do with fans watching a sport?

TO? Moss? Irvin?

You haven't watched alot of football have you?

Man, I really loved the NFL when it let its players be characters. The Redskins "Fun Bunch", Butch Johnson, TO, Moss, Sanders, Irvin, Icky (alright, that was stupid, but still). Celebrating their accomplishments. Why? Because the game is entertainment.

But no, the NFL has reigned it all in because fans couldn't handle it. Because its "mind blowing" that a guy is having fun. People need to get over themselves a little bit this week.

To be honest with you i am 43 years old and have been watching my Hawks since I was five years old. My parents bought me a Seahawks uniform from the Sears catalog complete with helmet and shoulder pads and cleats as well. I used to suit up at 6 am every Sunday and tackle couch cushions. I also went outside and kicked field goals over tree branches.

I have watched every play made by the Seahawks in the last 38 years.

So. To tell me that I have not watched enough football is just as juvenile as defending one of our players for his ignorant scatological display ever.

Yes worse than Moss and Terrell combined.

shawnsim

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":3fq54vnc said:
shawnsim":3fq54vnc said:

To be honest. They better think a little bit about it. Fans drive their relevance. We purchase gear. We buy tickets. We push the idea of worshipping young men. It is not just " shawnsim."
IT IS THE MAJORITY HERE.

You are just calling me out because I called you out. I get it.

peppersjap

Reaction score
I can not possibly see how Baldwin justifies his actions. I can't believe I actually respect people like TO and Dez Bryant more than I do him. He has issues! I'm shocked that any Hawk fan can still be behind him. When TO would pull his crap he probably had a 2 TD day going with 100 yards, Doug had 1 reception for 3 yards! he makes Golden Tate look like a class act. I am shocked he has not come out with a public apology yet? I am also shocked the team has not addressed it. He was fined by the league but the Seahawks organization has so far chosen not address it at all. It looks bad on all of us!

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Giblien":yjxxiyqz said:
There is no doubt that ADB is a valuable asset to the team, but he needs to grow up...badly. I'm getting sick of his antics. How can a guy talk about being "blessed", and "Thankful to God" and then mime taking a dump in front of over 100 million people? Grow up kid, and examine yourself (as in 2 Corinthians 13).
What does taking a public dump have to do with God?

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
StoneCold":33uuz9ca said:
Everyone keeps saying we missed Tate. Tate had 142 targets and 99 catches this year. 1.4 catches per target. Baldwin had 98 targets and 66 catches, 1.4 per. Kearse had fewer targets but his number was 1.7 per target.

SC

Where did you get this information? The fact that our receivers are catching more than one ball per target is phenomenal, defies possibility really. Perhaps they're catching all of Luke Willson's targets for him.

I assume you meant 1.4 targets per catch? So Doug is catching about 70% of his passes whilst Kearse is comfortably under 60%.

Losing P-Rich might have cost us a comfortable Super Bowl victory, but it may also have cost us $2.5m against the cap by tendering Kearse.

I love the big plays Jermaine's given us, but it feels like every good thing he does comes at the expense of two mistakes. In the NFCCG we had the two interceptions and the winning TD. In the Super Bowl we had the amazing juggling catch that redeemed his costly drop down the sideline, only for him to then whiff his block on the interception at the end.

He had some brutal drops through the regular season too, including the close loss to KC.

As to Baldwin, people do stupid stuff in the heat of the moment, and he's as passionate as anyone on this team. First time he's done something like that on the field though isn't it? I don't expect it will happen again. The act is wearing thin though, should probably take a leaf out of his best friend's book.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":1ng3kawr said:
StoneCold":1ng3kawr said:
Everyone keeps saying we missed Tate. Tate had 142 targets and 99 catches this year. 1.4 catches per target. Baldwin had 98 targets and 66 catches, 1.4 per. Kearse had fewer targets but his number was 1.7 per target.

SC

Where did you get this information? The fact that our receivers are catching more than one ball per target is phenomenal, defies possibility really. Perhaps they're catching all of Luke Willson's targets for him.

I assume you meant 1.4 targets per catch? So Doug is catching about 70% of his passes whilst Kearse is comfortably under 60%.

Losing P-Rich might have cost us a comfortable Super Bowl victory, but it may also have cost us $2.5m against the cap by tendering Kearse.

I love the big plays Jermaine's given us, but it feels like every good thing he does comes at the expense of two mistakes. In the NFCCG we had the two interceptions and the winning TD. In the Super Bowl we had the amazing juggling catch that redeemed his costly drop down the sideline, only for him to then whiff his block on the interception at the end.

He had some brutal drops through the regular season too, including the close loss to KC.

As to Baldwin, people do stupid stuff in the heat of the moment, and he's as passionate as anyone on this team. First time he's done something like that on the field though isn't it? I don't expect it will happen again. The act is wearing thin though, should probably take a leaf out of his best friend's book.

Part of getting targeted requires a receiver to actually create separation. Our receivers were not very good at creating separation this season.

BASF

Reaction score
Uncle Si":26lfsmmb said:
Man, I really loved the NFL when it let its players be characters. The Redskins "Fun Bunch", Butch Johnson, TO, Moss, Sanders, Irvin, Icky (alright, that was stupid, but still). Celebrating their accomplishments. Why? Because the game is entertainment.

But no, the NFL has reigned it all in because fans couldn't handle it. Because its "mind blowing" that a guy is having fun. People need to get over themselves a little bit this week.

Explain to me how Doug mimicking defecating on the football is entertaining. Explain to me how Doug mimicking defecating on the football is him having fun. He was trying to make a statement toward someone at the expense of a penalty that he knew would result. That was irresponsible and immature.

TheWalrus

Reaction score
I listened to an interview on Softy with the RBs coach Sherman Smith. He was asked about Marshawn and the crotch grabbing thing, and Smith said that Marshawn always puts the team first and would not do it in the Super Bowl because they've been warned that it will be a 15 yard penalty. Smith said Marshawn is not selfish like that.

I bring this up because Baldwin planned out this celebration knowing full well it could cost him 15 yards. That is as selfish as it gets. The fact that the guy put himself above the team in the freaking Super Bowl says it all. I've been a big Baldwin fan. I've always defended him, but he crossed a big line, and I doubt he'll ever win me back as a fan. Would not bother me in the least to see him get shipped out of town this offseason. I know that is strong, but it is what it is.