Abe Lucas

LeveeBreak

Reaction score
Why are there those odds??? I would say the odds are, looking at their technique, their college years and how they are being coached up in Seattle, that barring injury they will both be top tier tackles for years and years to come.
Yea, not agreeing on the odds comment. They've performed above expectations in their 1st 4 games against pro d-lineman. Factoring growth potential and barring injury, odds are both have successful careers.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I thought Abe Lucas was a first round talent. I still don't know how he slipped all the way to the 3rd round.

Cross is really good but two big time warts are showing right now:

1) His play strength is not holding up against the bull rush. He needs to get stronger and bigger. In time, I think he will.
2) He needs to be in better condition. He's gassed by the 4th quarter and he's giving up sacks during the most important parts of the game. In turn, it is leading to sloppy footwork. You can see it with the sack he gave up to Chubb in the first game, he was leaking by the 4th during the 49ers game. He also gave up a sack late during the Falcons as well.
He's young? He'll be better conditioned later in the year.. pretty sure he knows what he has to do.

seabowl

Reaction score
The NFL experts at The Athletic unanimously voted Lucas to their mid season all rookie team. Cross also got votes, but Lucas was the only rookie offensive tackle in the league chosen on every ballot.
Abe has been great but I’ll take a guess that is the only right tackle rookie starting right now so he’d have to be on every ballot

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Abe has been great but I’ll take a guess that is the only right tackle rookie starting right now so he’d have to be on every ballot
Evan Neal is starting RT for Giants. This guy was drafted #7 in first round.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
I thought Abe Lucas was a first round talent. I still don't know how he slipped all the way to the 3rd round.

Cross is really good but two big time warts are showing right now:

1) His play strength is not holding up against the bull rush. He needs to get stronger and bigger. In time, I think he will.
2) He needs to be in better condition. He's gassed by the 4th quarter and he's giving up sacks during the most important parts of the game. In turn, it is leading to sloppy footwork. You can see it with the sack he gave up to Chubb in the first game, he was leaking by the 4th during the 49ers game. He also gave up a sack late during the Falcons as well.
I agree about Cross. Braxton Jones is starting Rookie LT for the Bears. He also has a problem with bull rush. He can handle speed rush and is excellent run blocker, so has high pff grade and, like Cross, got votes in the poll. Both these guys need to add some lower body strength in the off-season and they’ll be fine.

Chawker

Reaction score
No one got tha joket ?

Com'on people ! Thats quality humor right there !

Outstanding in his field. ? ? ?

Tuff crowd.