Aaron Levine Thinks We Should Get This Guy

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Anyone who actually read the released texts between him and Incognito should clearly see that, although they actually both came off as huge dicks and idiots, it was friendly frat-boy banter between the two. And in the end Martin screwed over Incognito and ruined his career. I don't want a mentally unstable guy who will screw over his teammates anywhere near my team, and that's totally ignoring his sub-par play on the field.

themunn

Reaction score
I was thinking the opposite and that maybe Incognito was worth a punt...

SeaChase

Reaction score
I don't know, he wouldn't be able to the handle the abuse of playing in the NFC west..

Kixkahn

Reaction score
With all the other stuff with this guy... I say he would have to be as good as Walter Jones to make up for the rest of the crap.

TXHawkFan

Reaction score
themunn":2d8g6p8m said:

Let's see: Incognito was kicked off of two college teams, was considered the dirtiest player in the NFL until Ndamakong Suh came along, punched a security guard, sexually harassed a female volunteer at a golf tournament, has worn out his welcome with three NFL teams, and is now at the center of one of the worst scandals in NFL history. And, oh yeah, he'll undoubtedly be suspended for an undetermined amount of next season.

Yeah, let's get that guy!

rigelian

Reaction score
two dog":2c1fep2k said:
After Martin gets a load of Cable, he may think Incognito was a pantywaist.

I'll bet Richie never broke a guys jaw in the locker room.
At least nobody who was facing him.

You're talking about the old pre-Carroll Tom Cable. The new Tom Cable would be a good fit for Martin:

All Seahawks players are encouraged to use the support staff the way employees in the business world rely on a human resources department. Depressed? Worried about a loved one? Sick pet? The staff wants to hear about it. And if a player is dragging at practice, a coach will be proactive and ask why -- instead of jumping to conclusions and berating him in front of his teammates. That includes assistant head coach Tom Cable, the former hothead coach of the Raiders. "I always coached how my coaches coached me," he says. Working alongside Carroll, 48-year-old Cable says he finally feels as though he's working with players the right way. "If I go ballistic on a guy because he dropped his outside hand or missed an underneath stunt, who is wrong? I am," Cable says. "I'm attacking his self-confidence and he's learning that if he screws up, he's going to get yelled at. If you make a mistake here, it's going to get fixed."

Pete Carroll seems like he was anticipating the new environment in the NFL.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I have more of a problem with the drug use reported in the Wells report than anything else. We don't need another guy suspended for weed.

Otherwise, I would be just fine with seeing what he has.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":pemlcb6i said:
Anyone who actually read the released texts between him and Incognito should clearly see that, although they actually both came off as huge dicks and idiots, it was friendly frat-boy banter between the two. And in the end Martin screwed over Incognito and ruined his career. I don't want a mentally unstable guy who will screw over his teammates anywhere near my team, and that's totally ignoring his sub-par play on the field.

This

TXHawkFan":pemlcb6i said:
themunn":pemlcb6i said:

Let's see: Incognito was kicked off of two college teams, was considered the dirtiest player in the NFL until Ndamakong Suh came along, punched a security guard, sexually harassed a female volunteer at a golf tournament, has worn out his welcome with three NFL teams, and is now at the center of one of the worst scandals in NFL history. And, oh yeah, he'll undoubtedly be suspended for an undetermined amount of next season.

Yeah, let's get that guy!

I thought that was only slightly less realistic than bringing in Martin, but def way funnier.

Throwdown

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":1ej5z85x said:

Nah Incognito didn't keep hounding at a spot that made Martin uncomfortable, nah Incognito and two other scum buckets weren't messing around with a trainer about his ethnicity, nah none of that happened.

Incognito got what he deserved, well he didn't cuz if he did he'd be at the fry station asking if they needed it Small/Medium/Large?

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I think we should get both Martin and Incognito and then be on Hard Knocks.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Glad Aaron Levine isn't making decisions for the Seahawks. If so, they would still be 4-5 win team.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2fmah84g said:
well he's only had really one season to prove it, on a mediocre team with an overall bad o-line and obvious neglect on the team at that position group. I imagine with some friends on the team and a better locker room and the leadership of Tom Cable there probably isn't a better place for him to come and play well if he's going to do it anywhere.

Exactly. He was on a team with a bad oLine and still got demoted

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Martin is soft and thin skinned, which is the opposite of the kind of player the Hawks like to bring in to compete.

I'm not saying he's in the wrong in what went down in Miami. But even before all this his reputation was as a soft underachiever. So no thanks.

davidonmi

Reaction score
Brithawk":3qx8ifqe said:
davidonmi":3qx8ifqe said:
And who would play LT? Breno? Please. Bowie or Bailey? No
Let's ignore the off the field stuff have you heard people Martin was terrible at LT. Te-ri-ble
Of which some can be put down to the abuse he was getting from supposed teammates. Hardly an environment in which someone can thrive. He may not be elite but could do a job if given support
Excuse it all you want but LT is the last position I want to be experimenting with

OP
OP
KitsapGuy

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
The link is finally up.

Instead, my opinion is based on a well-founded knowledge of Martin’s playing history in college – in a system that relied heavily on a beastly offensive line and a war in the trenches – and more importantly, how he could be a low risk, lower price-tag option for the Seahawks on their offensive line.

After all – where do the Seahawks currently stand at left and right tackle? Russell Okung is signed through 2015 – but Breno Giacomini is an unrestricted free agent.

And with no offense to Alvin Bailey and Michael Bowie, who were viable backup options this season, Martin has started all 23 games he’s played in – including time at right tackle – and at the very least would be a low-cost backup lineman competing for starting time.

On paper, it seems like a good fit. Remember, Martin is still under his rookie contract for the next two years – and would only cost about a million and a half against the Salary Cap per year.

Compare that to Okung’s 11-point-2 million dollar price tag against the cap, unless the Hawks sign him to an extension this off-season or re-structure his current deal.

There will always be initial concern about the dynamic of bringing Martin into the Seahawks locker room. But it’s a group with solid leadership, high-character guys – plus, one – and possibly two former college teammates of Martin, depending on Doug Baldwin’s future – to help him fit in.

It’s my prediction that Jonathan Martin’s future will come in Seattle or San Francisco – given the proximity to Martin’s hometown in Southern California, his familiarity with personnel in both cities, and a media culture that, admittedly, isn’t as hardcore as the East Coast.

If I’m the Hawks, I’m willing to risk Martin’s mental

Read more: http://q13fox.com/2014/02/17/commentary ... z2tcUFJlER

drdiags

Reaction score
I can see Levine's idea of a backup O-Lineman trying to break into the starting lineup, but I doubt there will be a trade for Martin, so his rookie contract will be voided once he is cut from the Dolphins (unless Levine is thinking the team trades for Martin. Not sure I would do that). The second assumption is that he thinks this is a viable option in replacing Okung's contract and position. Bring Martin in as RT candidate with a minimum deal? Sure, why not.

Bring him in as an answer for LT going forward? Not sold. If the Seahawks cannot re-do Okung and cannot re-sign him after 2015, Martin should already be off the market. The guy was a 2nd round pick (I think) so I will not deny he has talent. He probably is better than Carpenter and the young bucks who were low-round draft picks or UDFA last year. I guess it is no different than what others have done around here speculating potential roster pick-ups.

Who knows what the Seahawks will do or think. I would avoid bringing him in but I am just a casual fan with no in-depth knowledge of the player or the Seahawks thinking.

rsm650

Reaction score
Bring in all the OL they can get - they really, really need to fix that line. Martin might not be an every-down starter right now, but he's certainly got the potential to be at least a serviceable backup to Okung. Lynch didn't fit with Buffalo after all.