Aaron Curry to Pittsburgh

getnasty

Reaction score
Looks like AC is getting a promotion. Good for him, i can say the positions he was helping with were good but who knows how he is as a coach
Do we get a comp pick for this?

Jville

Reaction score
"Losing their third assistant coach in a week, the Seahawks reportedly will have to replace assistant linebacker coach Aaron Curry off of Pete Carroll's staff.

According to Matt Zenitz of On 3 Sports, Curry will join the Steelers as a linebacker coach on long-time head coach Mike Tomlin's staff, which would be a promotion over his current post in Seattle. Neither team has yet to make an official announcement of the move."

Link >>> https://www.si.com/nfl/seahawks/new...-pittsburgh-steelers-coaching-staff-offseason

rjdriver

Reaction score
AC forever changed my mind on the concept of "Guaranteed, no risk, safe" draft pick. I can't remember who it was (I think Mortensen) who called him "The most NFL ready linebacker I have ever seen".

Seahawker

Reaction score
After watching our linebackers struggle to disengage from blocks, take poor angles & fail to wrap up for a season, lets wish the former 4th overall pick the best of luck in Pittsburgh. I already feel better about our upcoming #5 pick now that he's gone. I hope they don't think a new LBer coach can fix some of these flag football tacklers, we need some new blood to stop this hemorrhagic front 7.

jeremiah

Reaction score
After watching our linebackers struggle to disengage from blocks, take poor angles & fail to wrap up for a season, lets wish the former 4th overall pick the best of luck in Pittsburgh. I already feel better about our upcoming #5 pick now that he's gone. I hope they don't think a new LBer coach can fix some of these flag football tacklers, we need some new blood to stop this hemorrhagic front 7.
If Pittsburgh coach and ownership think Curry has a huge upside as a coach, I would bet that we got fleeced again. Whatever you think of that team, their Coach knows talent and the LBs for them have been spectacular successes for decades. I will bet that their LB play will continue to excel and grow, while Seattles falls every year since the mid 20 teens.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
If Pittsburgh coach and ownership think Curry has a huge upside as a coach, I would bet that we got fleeced again. Whatever you think of that team, their Coach knows talent and the LBs for them have been spectacular successes for decades. I will bet that their LB play will continue to excel and grow, while Seattles falls every year since the mid 20 teens.
Actually, their linebacker play has suffered as of late, and Devin Bush has been a tremendous bust for them.

Hawkspeed

Reaction score
Aaron Curry is a mystery to me. A college star who failed pretty much right away in the NFL. I guess "loyal" Pete Carrol gave him a chance...but then with Bobby Wagner gone, his flaws were again revealed.
After our 2006 Super Bowl XL loss to Pittsburgh...I am not a fan of the "Stealers". I hope Aaron Curry will bring his "I'm lost and don't know what to do" tradition to their team.

Chevy

Reaction score
AC forever changed my mind on the concept of "Guaranteed, no risk, safe" draft pick. I can't remember who it was (I think Mortensen) who called him "The most NFL ready linebacker I have ever seen".
I think the Seahawks head coach (Jim Mora Jr) neutered Curry and then Curry thought too much on the field afterwards. Mora Jr killed the prospect IMO. Mora at one point said he wanted dirtbags, then had one in Curry...Mora then pulled the reins in on Curry after he was playing too aggressive in games. Big a-- Rams RB (Stephen Jackson 240 lbs.) had said to a Seahawks player about rookie LB Aaron Curry, what's his problem. Curry was being extra on the field and Jackson took issue with it. Mora Jr killed Curry's mindset after he was supposedly too aggressive during games.

Aircrew

Reaction score
I think the Seahawks head coach (Jim Mora Jr) neutered Curry and then Curry thought too much on the field afterwards. Mora Jr killed the prospect IMO. Mora at one point said he wanted dirtbags, then had one in Curry...Mora then pulled the reins in on Curry after he was playing too aggressive in games. Big a-- Rams RB (Stephen Jackson 240 lbs.) had said to a Seahawks player about rookie LB Aaron Curry, what's his problem. Curry was being extra on the field and Jackson took issue with it. Mora Jr killed Curry's mindset after he was supposedly too aggressive during games.
I remember that. It was his first game, at home, and AC was balling out (albeit a little wild). Mora was talked to by a referee and I think Mike Martz said something as well, then good 'ol Junior scolded AC into changing how he played and got in his head. Yeah, I think you're right.

Hawkspeed

Reaction score
Thank you for that information. I do remember the Stephen Jackson quote as well as that dirtbag Mora. I had always wondered what happened, but didn't put it together...
Maybe there are some YouTube videos of that game.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Sure wish the Steelers had taken him back when he was drafted.

Every so called "safe pick" just simply isn't.

SNDavidson

Reaction score

Could someone with more knowledge help me understand why Curry couldn't hack it in the NFL?? He's clearly intelligent on top of once being a specimen of physicality at the LB spot, he's smart but he kept getting fooled on the field/was a step behind?

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score

Could someone with more knowledge help me understand why Curry couldn't hack it in the NFL?? He's clearly intelligent on top of once being a specimen of physicality at the LB spot, he's smart but he kept getting fooled on the field/was a step behind?

Probably a confidence issue.

Part of player development is knowing what a player does well and honing in on that skill set but not all coaches understand that concept and most only see their way or the highway.

Carroll, I believe tried to resurrect Curry as best as we could but Curry strengths didn’t match a system in which Carroll can use, so, it didn’t work, and it couldn’t be salvaged.

Latest posts