A heartfelt letter from Steeler Nation

thebanjodude

Reaction score
I stand corrected, Ron Burgundy. You talk pretty reasonably and haven't really trolled this thread. We appreciate it.

GRBman

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":1yqkwuvq said:
GRBman":1yqkwuvq said:
seahawk12thman":1yqkwuvq said:
I am trying to figure out why the AFC doesn't rally around New England. They have dominated the AFC to the tune of 6 super bowl appearances and have a model citizen at QB. Pittsburgh fans have something to look up to. Why aren't you rooting for them?

Because this isn't college football where the strength of your conference matters...

...and the rest of the AFC knows that the Pats** get a free pass from both the League and the AFC East Division.

I actually agree with a Steeler fan.. Never understood why teams feel the need to "root for the division rival" so they "keep it in the conference" knowing that team is going to rub it in.

Pats get a free pass for cheating, you guys get a free pass for Super Bowl XL, whats the problem? According to your fans it should wash out. :17:

Until someone uncovers some secret conspiracy here Dan Rooney paid off Bill Leavey to throw the game, those are not the same...

BraveHeartFan

Reaction score
I love the media slobbering comment. As if the rest of the fans of teams in the league don't get tired of the exact same thing when it comes to the freaking media and their love of The Steelers, Mike Tomlin, Jerome Bettis, the blue collar work ethic of the Steelers, etc. etc. etc.

A Steelers fan complaining, at all, about media slobbering is over another team is just freaking stupid.

lukerguy

Reaction score
There's no reason to hold resentment toward the actual Steelers organization. They didn't make the HORRIBLE calls in SB XL.. The fans who only saw the victory through their rose colored glasses and then harassed Seahawks fans.. yes that's despicable and reprehensible.

However, not EVERY Steelers fan did that and not EVERY Steelers fan is a jackars. Just like not EVERY Seahawks fan is the pinnacle of humanity. There are murders and rapists who cheer for either team.

My point is, don't just hate every Steelers fan, you may not know how they feel about the Seahawks and that tainted victory in SB XL to be specific. They aren't the ones who made the call- Leavy was and he apologized already.

bradynumber4

Reaction score
Ron Burgundy":34m1koof said:
bradynumber4":34m1koof said:
Steelers have some nerve to accuse others of cheating. Their first 4 SB's were through roids and their last two were gifts from the refs. Steelers are the original cheats and the most successful.
Just a history lesson Skippy, steroids were not illegal in the NFL at that time.
Now with the Pats** and Spygate, at one time ALL teams did try to tape opponents' signals. Then the league made that illegal. A year later, they found the Pats** were still taping signals and told them to stop. They didn't. Another year later the league finds the Pats** are STILL stealing signals and at that point fined them, docked them a first round draft pick, and destroyed the evidence presumably because it would have threatened the integrity of the game (and all the money that gets bet on football). The Pats** have a decent but not great record in away games in both W-L and against the spread. However their HOME record in W-L and beating the spread is so stupid good that it defies rational explanation.

First of all, are three Patriots superbowls were all legit because taping wasn't illegal. Secondly, it's a known fact that Shittburgh Stealers we're the lead instigators in taking steroids in the 70's and had a massive advantage on all the other franchise. You also were gifted your last two superbowls due to refs because your teams were too useless to win unless from biased officals or through drugs. Your franchise is a disgrace to the NFL and whatever you call the pats, you've cheated twice as much and for over four decades.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":vsjjdq9b said:
I actually agree with a Steeler fan.. Never understood why teams feel the need to "root for the division rival" so they "keep it in the conference" knowing that team is going to rub it in.
That happens but there are division rivals and there are hated division rivals. When the Ravens (Ratbirds) played the Pats** it was hard to root for anything other than a meteor hitting the stadium since we hate both of them, but if I had to pick I would have to say that we hate the Ratbirds very slightly less. When they beat us you know they did it fair and square and kicked your ass. The last few meeting they have been the more physical team (which pisses us off). When the Pats** beat you you know they're doing something which if not downright illegal, is sneaky and underhanded as Coach Hairball of the Ratbirds found out.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
thebanjodude":yrs0j3qx said:
I stand corrected, Ron Burgundy. You talk pretty reasonably and haven't really trolled this thread. We appreciate it.
You're welcome, I ain't a bad guy.

bradynumber4":yrs0j3qx said:
First of all, are three Patriots superbowls were all legit because taping wasn't illegal.
You could make that argument. What still stands however is the fact that since they were busted for Spygate they have not been able to win a Super Bowl, including one season where they were undefeated and running the scores up like a Catholic high school girls basketball team. Been to two and got beat by the Giants twice. And I hope the Seahawks beat them a third time.

Secondly, it's a known fact that Shittburgh Stealers we're the lead instigators in taking steroids in the 70's and had a massive advantage on all the other franchise.
Yes but again, steroids were not illegal at the time.

You also were gifted your last two superbowls due to refs because your teams were too useless to win unless from biased officals or through drugs. Your franchise is a disgrace to the NFL and whatever you call the pats, you've cheated twice as much and for over four decades.
Darn good Kool-Aid in Seattle. I thought you guys were just known for coffee.

The Grouch

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1myngkgj said:
After reading the thread linked to this one I only have 3 wishes...

1. We win the next 3 Superbowls
2. Pittsburgh makes it to Superbowl 50
3. Indianapolis and Andrew Luck make it to Superbowl 51

So typical that out of all the responses in this thread they pick out the five people that still think 2005 is even relevant anymore. This team has nothing to do with that fiasco and they have goals to achieve and history to make and it continues February 1st in Glendale AZ.

FIFY

:th2thumbs:

bradynumber4

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":2205iuvu said:
GRBman":2205iuvu said:
seahawk12thman":2205iuvu said:
I am trying to figure out why the AFC doesn't rally around New England. They have dominated the AFC to the tune of 6 super bowl appearances and have a model citizen at QB. Pittsburgh fans have something to look up to. Why aren't you rooting for them?

Because this isn't college football where the strength of your conference matters...

...and the rest of the AFC knows that the Pats** get a free pass from both the League and the AFC East Division.

Pats get a free pass for cheating, you guys get a free pass for Super Bowl XL, whats the problem? According to your fans it should wash out. :17:

This is the delusion of Stealers fans. They accuse Seahakws fans of being Butthurt over superbowl 40 yet cry their whiny asses off after being beaten by the pats in the AFCCG.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
bradynumber4":1lu9v7hz said:
This is the delusion of Stealers fans. They accuse Seahakws fans of being Butthurt over superbowl 40
Because some of them are. Responses in this thread prove it.

yet cry their whiny asses off after being beaten by the pats in the AFCCG.
Only a few years later after it was found out that the Pats** cheated to do it. I haven't checked in at a Colts board but I wonder how they're feeling this week after Brady's underinflated balls were exposed?

bradynumber4

Reaction score
Ron Burgundy":3n9g5z86 said:
bradynumber4":3n9g5z86 said:
This is the delusion of Stealers fans. They accuse Seahakws fans of being Butthurt over superbowl 40
Because you are. Responses in this thread prove it.

yet cry their whiny asses off after being beaten by the pats in the AFCCG.
Only a few years later after it was found out that the Pats** cheated to do it. I haven't checked in at a Colts board but I wonder how they're feeling this week after Brady's underinflated balls were exposed?

The only team we've ever been proven to have cheated against was the Jets. The Stealers have robbed 6 franchises of superbowls. Now who's the biggest crook?

And it wouldn't surprise me if the Colts didn't deflate the Pats balls, or maybe the officials to set us up.

We've only been proven to have cheated once and were punished. We haven't won a Superbowl since spygate because we were beaten by the better team in two close games. It happens.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan":280h7j8q said:
I love the media slobbering comment. As if the rest of the fans of teams in the league don't get tired of the exact same thing when it comes to the freaking media and their love of The Steelers, Mike Tomlin, Jerome Bettis, the blue collar work ethic of the Steelers, etc. etc. etc.

A Steelers fan complaining, at all, about media slobbering is over another team is just freaking stupid.

We love our Steelers as a team.
Love for Mike Tomlin runs about 50/50 at best. We call him Coach Cool Shades or Captain Obvious on our board. Each week the day before his Tuesday presser I make a thread called the MT Word Of The Week where I pick a Tomlin catchphrase with the over/under and also the "Obviously" over/under (he uses the work "Obviously" a lot) which can be as high as 23 in a 20 minute presser, it's comical.
We love Bussy. 6th leading rusher of all time. Should be in the HOF.
We laugh and throw things at the TV when the national broadcasters spew the typical stereotypes and untruths about Pittsburgh and the Steelers (Cris Collinsworth is especially disliked) and many of us turn down the volume on the TV and listen to the local broadcasters on the radio who know WTF they're talking about with the Steelers. Of course all the rest of the country sees is the network guys and gets shall we say, a false narrative. You might get sick of hearing it but not everything you hear is accurate either. Except for the Primanti Brothers sandwiches that they always show. Those are damned good. Local delicacy. All your major food groups in each bite.

http://www.nextpittsburgh.com/business- ... able-city/

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
bradynumber4":39lxt90f said:
The only team we've ever been proven to have cheated against was the Jets. The Stealers have robbed 6 franchises of superbowls. Now who's the biggest crook?

And it wouldn't surprise me if the Colts didn't deflate the Pats balls, or maybe the officials to set us up.

We've only been proven to have cheated once and were punished. We haven't won a Superbowl since spygate because we were beaten by the better team in two close games. It happens.

The Kool-Aid is strong.
Choo-choo, meet bend.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Ron Burgundy":obrajoe1 said:
thebanjodude":obrajoe1 said:
You're welcome, I ain't a bad guy.

bradynumber4":obrajoe1 said:
First of all, are three Patriots superbowls were all legit because taping wasn't illegal.
You could make that argument. What still stands however is the fact that since they were busted for Spygate they have not been able to win a Super Bowl, including one season where they were undefeated and running the scores up like a Catholic high school girls basketball team. Been to two and got beat by the Giants twice. And I hope your team beats them a third time.

Secondly, it's a known fact that Shittburgh Stealers we're the lead instigators in taking steroids in the 70's and had a massive advantage on all the other franchise.
Yes but again, steroids were not illegal at the time.

You also were gifted your last two superbowls due to refs because your teams were too useless to win unless from biased officals or through drugs. Your franchise is a disgrace to the NFL and whatever you call the pats, you've cheated twice as much and for over four decades.
Darn good Kool-Aid in Seattle. I thought you guys were just known for coffee.

Pretty sure bradynumber4 is a Pats fan just as a FYI.

bradynumber4

Reaction score
To that Steelers fan on steelers nation. Your useless franchise isn't intelligent enough or good enough to get to the play offs to deflate our balls.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
mistaowen":auw4u6hb said:
Pretty sure bradynumber4 is a Pats fan just as a FYI.
Yeah, that's coming out as I strike nerves. I assumed he lives in Seattle. Darth Hoodie keeps trolls everywhere to uphold the Pats** wherever they may be derided. Regardless, you see how easy it is to push them over the edge. Y'all have fun the next two weeks, and longer if you beat them in the SB.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Reaneypark":2ecm1sze said:
Minus the rapey QB.
Any D.A. worth his salt would have LOVED to put a two-time SB-winning QB on trial if there was a shred of evidence. No. Charges. Filed. Ever.
The Pats** on the other hand recently had an active player, Aaron Hernandez, go to jail for triple homicide. ;)
Just sayin'.