A heartfelt letter from Steeler Nation

StoneCold

Reaction score
Super Bowl XL. Hmm, a few bad calls yes. But Jeremy Stevens happened too. And so did a wide open Hines Ward. We got a hand job by the refs, but we screwed ourselves in that one.

That said Screw the Stealers. And if you think I'm kidding, just look at the Stone Cold stare I be giving you.

SC

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Southern Steeler":ofof1vsr said:
I'll try to address a few things....

First, using the logic of an overwhelming number of you....my first inclination would be that most Seahawks fans are dicks. Yet, you complain about that from us. I literally do not know one single Seahawk fan, so any introduction I have has been here. You haven't represented well. Nice to see that some of you are pretty cool, though. Like all fan bases, there are jerks and good folks.

Second, we hate the Patriots because they (and Brady and Belichick in particular) are smug little pricks who like to manipulate the system yet whine and cry every time someone dares hit Brady too hard. They also have the media slobbering all over them all of the time, which I am fully aware is not their fault. They are annoying beyond words. (For the record however, I don't dislike Patriot fans...they love their team and that's fine. Think about it)

I expected better from you guys. Seriously.

Southern Steeler":ofof1vsr said:
I'll try to address a few things....

First, using the logic of an overwhelming number of you....my first inclination would be that most Seahawks fans are dicks. Yet, you complain about that from us. I literally do not know one single Seahawk fan, so any introduction I have has been here. You haven't represented well. Nice to see that some of you are pretty cool, though. Like all fan bases, there are jerks and good folks.

Second, we hate the Patriots because they (and Brady and Belichick in particular) are smug little pricks who like to manipulate the system yet whine and cry every time someone dares hit Brady too hard. They also have the media slobbering all over them all of the time, which I am fully aware is not their fault. They are annoying beyond words. (For the record however, I don't dislike Patriot fans...they love their team and that's fine. Think about it)

I expected better from you guys. Seriously.

I'll assume good intentions for a second but karma is a b*tch isn't it? You hate the Patriots because they cheat and then their fans are totally obnoxious about it..... right. Back to Super Bowl XL, it isn't the fault of the Steeler players or fans that they were the benefit of some calls and perhaps the better team won that day in spite of the fact two touchdowns were wiped off the board and one was given, and we outgained you by over 100 yards. But your fans came back to rub it in our faces about our "inferior" franchise and how the game was called fairly. But your team is above reproach right? If a team loses it isn't anybody's fault but the losing party. Great!! Then accept all your loses to the Patriots because they were the better team and please accept your team being laughed at by their fan base because that is exactly what you did to us. You didn't and that is why you sent us the letter to beat them because you hate them with the fire of a thousand suns.

I don't speak for the Hawks fan base but you had a fan in me. I rooted for your team to make it to the Super Bowl so we could wipe the black sh*t stain off the face of the earth. I have said my piece and if you wish to be civil... Great, if not:

this-is-sparta-o.gif

and GTFO!!!

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Southern Steeler your post is pretty classy but you have to know most of us remember the Jerome Bettis Homecoming Superbowl with Bill Levy as his date. Before that game I didn't really care about the Steelers but after that game in combination of your fanbase's behavior they may be my most hated team (it's really close between them and the 49ers or Denver).

So just keep that in mind when you read everybody's responses, myself I will take any well wishes from any quarter because we all know the NFL would love any excuse to gift Brady with 4 Superbowl wins.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
It's not about XL. If you guys are ready to embrace someone on the basis that he hates our opponent, you really haven't listened to Pete Carroll's message.

This Steeler fan is a hate monger. Send him packing.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":2nzm8qch said:
It's not about XL. If you guys are ready to embrace someone on the basis that he hates our opponent, you really haven't listened to Pete Carroll's message.

This Steeler fan is a hate monger. Send him packing.

The Steelers should just admit they are the Patriots step child.

OP
OP
S

Southern Steeler

Reaction score
Call it naive if you wish....but it seems like the fans of the current Super Bowl champion who have a legitimate chance to repeat as champs would be far less pissed off over something that occurred 9 years ago. You have a stellar team, and should be contenders for the next several years.

Maybe some of you just need more to do.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Southern Steeler":3vvheyy7 said:
Call it naive if you wish....but it seems like the fans of the current Super Bowl champion who have a legitimate chance to repeat as champs would be far less pissed off over something that occurred 9 years ago. You have a stellar team, and should be contenders for the next several years.

You're absolutely right. Nine years ago is an eternity ago. Something which should be long forgotten. Not nearly as memorable as your history with the Patriots, the most recent time in the playoffs in 2004, a mere ten years ago. That must have been a horribly controversial game with some decidedly unfair advantages given to them. To say nothing of the fact that it was the AFC Championship game, one of the biggest stages in football. And the fact your team only holds a razor-thin 14-11 overall lead in head-to-head games just adds salt to the wound. We Seahawks fans can only imagine what that's like.

OP
OP
S

Southern Steeler

Reaction score
It's WAY more than just 2004.

Just sayin'. It's the entire organization. Plus, we've won two Super Bowls since then.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
canfan":1f2d6o5g said:
irocdave":1f2d6o5g said:
For any Hawk fan posting on this thread that doesn't understand the hatred for anything Stealers and thinks that hate is in the minority of Hawk fans, move this thread to the shack and you will see how wrong you are.

It wasn't just the game, or the Stealer (not misspelled) fanbase...it was the whole experience. To be going to what was the crowning achievement of the franchise to that point and find out that you are just an unwanted prop at the "Jerome Bettis" retirement tour. Just thinking about the vibe from the media, the Pittsburg fanbase, AND the NFL during SuperBowl week makes my blood pressure climb. Shack it please!

I don't understand how this equates to being a jackass to another team's fan who is wishing our team good luck? He didn't come here trying to pick a fight, or talk crap. So I'm confused with the hostility.

Tical21

Reaction score
I don't mind the Steelers. I am one of the very few that thinks most of the calls in Super Bowl XL were correct. The Seahawks simply played an awful game. You can't go 4-17 on 3rd down and allow big plays and expect to win a Super Bowl. That being said, geez, Steelers fans on the whole are among the most annoying individuals in existence. If we lose this coming week, there will now be a silver lining.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Southern Steeler":3g0ocazj said:

Maybe Stealer fans just don't have anything to do, that's why they are at a Seahawks board in January.

I would love to see how you would react if one of your other Super Bowls, not the one you stole from us, but one of the others was taken away. Regardless, I gloat in your team's crappiness and I hope it stays for years. And we don't forgive and forget. Other than this thread, we don't harp on XL every day like you think we do. BUT WE WILL NEVER FORGET.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1oy4fjeg said:
canfan":1oy4fjeg said:
irocdave":1oy4fjeg said:
For any Hawk fan posting on this thread that doesn't understand the hatred for anything Stealers and thinks that hate is in the minority of Hawk fans, move this thread to the shack and you will see how wrong you are.

It wasn't just the game, or the Stealer (not misspelled) fanbase...it was the whole experience. To be going to what was the crowning achievement of the franchise to that point and find out that you are just an unwanted prop at the "Jerome Bettis" retirement tour. Just thinking about the vibe from the media, the Pittsburg fanbase, AND the NFL during SuperBowl week makes my blood pressure climb. Shack it please!

I don't understand how this equates to being a jackass to another team's fan who is wishing our team good luck? He didn't come here trying to pick a fight, or talk crap. So I'm confused with the hostility.

I just think anything coming from any Stealer fan would inevitably descend into chaos. Which then made other Stealer fans chime in. Which then turned into a shitshow. I would never visit a Stealer board. And while I am sure the OP's intention were good, this thread was doa.

bradynumber4

Reaction score
Steelers have some nerve to accuse others of cheating. Their first 4 SB's were through roids and their last two were gifts from the refs. Steelers are the original cheats and the most successful.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Please leave. Please go to hell and die. We need not and want not any support from that putrid team or their putrid fans.

To reiterate; leave, hell, die.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation in this matter.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Tical21":2nkvcma6 said:
I don't mind the Steelers. I am one of the very few that thinks most of the calls in Super Bowl XL were correct. The Seahawks simply played an awful game. You can't go 4-17 on 3rd down and allow big plays and expect to win a Super Bowl. That being said, geez, Steelers fans on the whole are among the most annoying individuals in existence. If we lose this coming week, there will now be a silver lining.
Hmm wonder how much do you remember on those third downs..How many calls went against us after we got a first down before it became a long 3rd and whatever..There were also times where a flag should have been thrown in our favor but wasn't..That 4-17 wasn't why we lost ..Watch the game again and I'm saying this with all due respect..

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Who cares about XL?

Let's welcome this moral support and go win another title.

Go Hawks.

GoPatsSB49

Reaction score
bostonhardo":2b7a5kz9 said:
thebanjodude":2b7a5kz9 said:
We don't want your karma...screw the Stealers

Gotta say I like you Hawks fans. The only thing worse than a Steelers fan is a Jets fan.

Right? This place is awesome

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Southern Steeler":rg6gp8bi said:

Dude, just leave. Can you not understand that we don't want you here?

Pete Carroll preaches the power of positive thinking. We control the things we can control and if we do that right then the things we can't control won't matter.

We're not interested in your grudge. We're not interested in the fact that the Patriots are living rent-free inside your head to the extent that you'd come here and go to such lengths on our forums to try to convince us to hate them along with you.

I hated what happened in XL but do you see me going to Baltimore's forums urging them to hate the Steelers? No you don't, because it's not worth my time.

You are not worth my time.

I don't write this for you but for my fellow fans on this board. Hate has no place here. It's a negative emotion from which nothing good can come. It's a confession that the thing you hate has enough power over you to motivate you to act on it. It's an admission of defeat.

Count your rings all you like, but as long as you go to forums asking people to support your hate of the Patriots, you are a defeated little weakling who the Patriots have made their bitch.

The Seahawks don't play hard because they hate the opponent; they play hard because they want to win.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Rustbucket fans wishing us luck for karma?

I freakin hate the Stealers. I hate Rooney and his damned racist Rooney rule. I hate the fans, I hate their sense of entitlement and superiority, I hate how deluded and stupid they are. I hate the fact that the officials gave them TWO Super Bowls. I hate the dirty sh!tty city (yes, I've been there). I hate Terry Bradshaw and his lame sense of humor. I hate how the media fawned all over Bettis and utterly ignored Mack Strong. I hate their lopsided heads. I hate Franco Harris.

I could keep going, but you get the idea. If they all caught dysentery in their locker room, I'd laugh. Or maybe crotch mites. It couldn't happen to a worthier team.

Latest posts