9er fans are more optimistic about their team than we are

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Going into the Week 8 matchup with the Seattle Seahawks, the confidence of San Francisco 49ers fans remained high at 81%. After back-to-back blowout losses to the Seahawks and Green Bay Packers, the confidence level is at 59%, which is a 6% increase compared to last week,

Looking around the NFC West, fans of the Arizona Cardinals believe in their team the most at 80%, while the Los Angeles Rams are second at 74%. What is interesting to see is that despite being 6-2, supporters of the Seahawks only have 44% confidence in their team. That is expected to happen after Seattle’s horrendous defense gives up 415 passing yards to Josh Allen.

https://www.ninersnation.com/2020/11/14 ... fl-week-10

Ninersnation, fieldgulls, etc. are all part of the Vox network and they share their results. IDK how they do their polling, but I find the results strange. The niners have Garrapolo and Bosa out for the year. Kittle's not expected back until Week 16 or 17, at the soonest. Sherm's out until minimum week 12.

PNW

Reaction score
We’ll have more clarity after tomorrow’s game....the rams always play us very very well.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
PNW":ick75qif said:
We’ll have more clarity after tomorrow’s game....the rams always play us very very well.

I remember that year where the rams went 2-14...and their wins were against Seattle.

So if that happens tomorrow, I ain't giving up on the Hawks, just hoping that Russell and Lockett especially stay healthy.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Fake news. Msm poll or something.

I know three niner fans and they are all scared of us taking the chip and they are convinced they are cellar dwelling this year.

I also browse webzone for kicks sometimes and they are the epitome of despondent.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Make no mistake about it. These next two games are the season for us. Could very well be the difference between #1 seed and wildcard.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Seems like a fair poll result, right now for both teams.

Our D can't stop anyone right now. Won't stop the Rams, probably won't stop Kyler Murray and the Cards. Don't see any improvement on the way, near-term. Our D consistently looks bad, with the exception of one half against Jimmy G, then getting torched by Nick Mullens.

Other teams seem to be figuring out our Offense well enough to stop a few drives a game, primarily by getting pressure on Russell. We don't seem to have a running game to speak of without Carson or Penny. This impacts Russell greatly, and leads to more pressure. Schotty doesn't seem to be able to dial up adjustments on offense, more screens, shorter routes,

Our only hope against the better teams is our D getting more turnovers than they get stops, and playing turnover-free Offense.

I'd expect that SF fans have lowered their expectations, and are measuring their optimism against those lowered expectations. SF has a better defense than we do at present, even with their injuries. The drop from Jimmy G to their backup QBs doesn't seem as big a drop as other teams have. At last check, Niners still had a running game. With that, Shanahan will find a way to scheme Mullins (or even Beathard) into at least game-manager-success.

Niners have a decent shot at sneaking into the playoffs, and once in the playoffs, defense + running game + timely passing gives them a shot against playoff teams.

Right now our dismal Defense plus our struggles-under-pressure Offense make yet another early-round Seahawks playoff exit seem likely. I'd love to be wrong, to see our D turn it around, to see our running game come back to life (Carson + Penny return?), to see Schotty + Russell make better adjustments. It's just that it hasn't been the trend lately.