4th Round - 144th pick - DeeJay Dallas RB Miami

AgentDib

Reaction score
jeremiah":4fveq4lq said:
He could have been picked up as a FA. JMO 5' 10" is not a midget RB, but he is short for a TE, and slow for a WR.
Do you realize that 5'10" is a completely typical height for a running back? The weight is usually what we talk about with RBs unless a guy is like 5'6" or something. Having a slightly lower center of gravity makes it easier to keep their feet under them, cuts are quicker, and it's slightly harder for opposing LBs to diagnose. Having WR experience is extremely valuable for RBs today where catching the ball out of the backfield is a major part of the job description.

Dallas looks like an ideal guy to put in the backfield on 3rd and 8.

jeremiah

Reaction score
The only thing I can see is he could be a slow WR, or maybe he will convert to LT. Who wants to be blocked by a midget? For the position he plays, he is not the best pick. This pick shows that dementia is setting in for the coach?

Skipped over the obvious sarcasm and question marks denoting that it was a question?????

My actual opinion was this........He won't make the team and nobody will pick him up. He is a short FB, in a league and on a team that doesn't use them......................................... new added comment....................
I don't see how he makes any NFL roster. He is rated a 6.0...in the same ballpark as Salvon Ahmed of the UW, and he sucked.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
jeremiah":341bc5qm said:
The only thing I can see is he could be a slow WR, or maybe he will convert to LT. Who wants to be blocked by a midget? For the position he plays, he is not the best pick. This pick shows that dementia is setting in for the coach?

Skipped over the obvious sarcasm and question marks denoting that it was a question?????

My actual opinion was this........He won't make the team and nobody will pick him up. He is a short FB, in a league and on a team that doesn't use them. I don't see how he makes any NFL roster. He is rated a 6.0...in the same ballpark as Salvon Ahmed of the UW, and he sucked.

How are you still calling him a fullback?

You're flat out wrong. That's not an opinion, it's you being incorrect. Also, if you're basing your opinion off of nfl.com's player ratings, I suggest to you that you should stop doing that and watch some tape instead.

jeremiah

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":bh8q1gqm said:
jeremiah":bh8q1gqm said:

My actual opinion was this........He won't make the team and nobody will pick him up. He is a short FB, in a league and on a team that doesn't use them. I don't see how he makes any NFL roster. He is rated a 6.0...in the same ballpark as Salvon Ahmed of the UW, and he sucked.

You're flat out wrong. That's not an opinion, it's you being incorrect. Also, if you're basing your opinion off of nfl.com's player ratings, I suggest to you that you should stop doing that and watch some tape instead.

He is a fine blocker, and a powerful runner. His foot speed is FB or TE territory, but there is not fullbacks in this system, and he is too short to be a TE. He is a huge question mark. I love football, Seattle is my team. I hope he contributes, I honestly do not think he has a chance.

Sun Tzu

Reaction score
jeremiah":1gywpo02 said:
Maelstrom787":1gywpo02 said:
jeremiah":1gywpo02 said:

He is a fine blocker, and a powerful runner. His foot speed is FB or TE territory, but there is not fullbacks in this system, and he is too short to be a TE. He is a huge question mark. I love football, Seattle is my team. I hope he contributes, I honestly do not think he has a chance.
I think his running style is a good fit for our run blocking style/scheme. He does well at picking up blitzers who would otherwise have a free run at the QB. He is an above average route runner and pass catcher for a RB. It seems like a solid pick for a guy with a shot to make the back end of the roster and contribute on special teams and as RB depth. I can't ask for more than that from a day 3 pick.

King Dog

Reaction score
jeremiah":3d1r5nmi said:
Would he be an effective player in the CFL? Maybe. He could have been picked up as a FA. JMO 5' 10" is not a midget RB, but he is short for a TE, and slow for a WR.

4.58 40 yard dash. Speed kills, and the victim is usually the slowest.

Same 40 time as Chris Carson :179417:

chris98251

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":28eqkwng said:
mikeak":28eqkwng said:
This is a punt and kickoff returner pick solely

Good move we needed that

"Solely" to start with

I don't know if he has the speed for that job in the NFL.

Same speed as Emmit Smith...…………..

MrThortan

Reaction score
I am starting to change my first impressions of DeeJay after watching some highlights and listening to his conference call. Just 21 years old. Hope he puts in the work, but Pete and John usually draft players with character. Usually.

xray

Reaction score
mikeak":3735xdxj said:

Good move we needed that

"Solely" to start with

^
special teams guy only

xray

Reaction score
No more special teams duty for lockett please !

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
I like this pick alot. Dallas has some breakaway speed and is built quite well for a running back similar to Carson’s muscle tone. He gave the Gators some trouble in week 0 in Orlando.

As a Gator fan, I remember getting pissed off as he broke arm tackles with ease.

Seattle drafted quite well, late in this draft.

mrblitz

Reaction score
who was that guy we let go to baltimore? collins? this guy reminds me of that... can get you 3+ yards (say 3-15), but won't go for 80 yards. breaking tackles is a big deal.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
MrThortan":2e11jzzn said:
He's a little guy. Plenty of smaller RBs have been tearing up the league though. Not real excited about this pick after reading his NFL profile. I'm a dumb-dumb though, so maybe he will transform into a perennial pro-bowler.

Edit: Okay, he's not that little. Common height for a running back. I stand corrected.
He is????? Guess Lynch was a little guy too. Wish people would do more research on these draft picks before spouting off. The guy obviously has a high line reading ability and knows how to run a screen.

There that's why we got him. He also was a QB in Highscool ( intelligence) and runs pretty FN hard. Guys a baller and I'll take that any day

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

MrThortan

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":18rl5q9s said:
MrThortan":18rl5q9s said:
He's a little guy. Plenty of smaller RBs have been tearing up the league though. Not real excited about this pick after reading his NFL profile. I'm a dumb-dumb though, so maybe he will transform into a perennial pro-bowler.

Edit: Okay, he's not that little. Common height for a running back. I stand corrected.
He is????? Guess Lynch was a little guy too. Wish people would do more research on these draft picks before spouting off. The guy obviously has a high line reading ability and knows how to run a screen.

There that's why we got him. He also was a QB in Highscool ( intelligence) and runs pretty FN hard. Guys a baller and I'll take that any day

Apparently you didn't read the edited part. Wish people would read the whole post before spouting off on someone's quote :pukeface:

Not every post needs to be a well researched essay on draft day. Instant reactions are part of the fun.

Rat

Reaction score
chris98251":2ggu6iez said:
MontanaHawk05":2ggu6iez said:
mikeak":2ggu6iez said:

Good move we needed that

"Solely" to start with

I don't know if he has the speed for that job in the NFL.

Same speed as Emmit Smith...…………..
...who wasn’t a returner.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
MrThortan":3n216ba9 said:
seahawkfreak":3n216ba9 said:
MrThortan":3n216ba9 said:

Apparently you didn't read the edited part. Wish people would read the whole post before spouting off on someone's quote :pukeface:

Not every post needs to be a well researched essay on draft day. Instant reactions are part of the fun.
Not if they suck

Latest posts