49ers stadium share, please happen

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2cw0qefv said:
Marvin49":2cw0qefv said:
?

You realize that if that happens the 49ers would just get richer, right? The Raiders would be tenants and would have to pay the stadium authority for the right to play there. Who's the stadium Authority? The 49ers and the city of Santa Clara. Why do you think Mark Davis doesn't want to go there?

Hell, the stadium was built with 2 home locker rooms for this exact purpose (3 locker rooms total).

If the Raiders end up playing at Levis, the 49ers will start printing money.
What are you getting at, Marvin? I don't care how rich the 49ers get, they won't be within a thousand miles of Paul Allen's checkbook. As long as the 49ers don't cheat the salary cap to get another Super Bowl win like they did in 1994, I could not care less how much money they accrue.

The point I'm making is that money isn't just spent on players. Teams with more money have an advantage.

Not saying they will be like Paul Allen. Just saying having money helps. If they want to make Harbaugh highest paid coach? No prob. They want to make Fangio highest paid DC? No prob.

Marvin49

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":ivcr1zq8 said:
How is leasing a stadium they dont soley own going to give them the ability to print money? Its not microsoft stock.

Lol. My pint is that the stadium is generating HUGE revenue WITHOUT a second tenant. Where do you think that extra money would go?

They don't solely own the stadium BY DESIGN. It's legal protection. The stadium is owned by the Stadium Authority. Who is the Stadium Authority? Effectively, it's the 49ers and the city. If loans default, it's the Stadium Authority who is responsible, not the 49ers and not the city. When the stadium is old and decrepit, they can leave or do something else because it's just a lease. They aren't on the hook for demolition

Marvin49

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":t0w2j065 said:
Just admit it Marvin. Does it really matter? Aren't most Niner fans now transplant Raider fans? You love it.

Um...no.

And it's not because I'm defending Niner fans. Raider fans hate the 49ers more than Hawk fans do.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Marvin49":3szb5yi1 said:
loafoftatupu":3szb5yi1 said:
Just admit it Marvin. Does it really matter? Aren't most Niner fans now transplant Raider fans? You love it.

Um...no.

And it's not because I'm defending Niner fans. Raider fans hate the 49ers more than Hawk fans do.

But it is like Pseudo-Hate. It just depends on what era it is.

chris98251

Reaction score
Marvin49":p0czpy4e said:
chris98251":p0czpy4e said:
Are their plans to use the current Site of Candlestick for something else? If not rebuild a Stadium there and the Raiders stay in Oakland for a couple years more.

Also this would trigger a partnership with one of the groups that want a LA stadium I would assume, at least discussions, Marc Davis may continue his Fathers legacy of bucking the NFL to get his own venue and Market, I can't see them wanting to be beholding to the S.C. 49ers for anything and watch them brag up the bay area while the Raiders pay to play.

It's going to be demolished and replaced with a big housing project. If the Niners had stated there, they would have worked the stadium into the project. The problem is that the plan would have required construction of the worlds largest parking garage and would have put fans in a construction zone for the better part of a decade. The city then tried to push the naval shipyard, but it has ZERO freeway access and required construction of a bridge

The site isn't viable. That's the reason the 49ers moved to SC to begin with.

Thanks for the response, seems the city is really the ones making the site unusable going forward then. But how have fans got there and parked for decades if there is no access?

Marvin49

Reaction score
chris98251":1vdmzduu said:
Marvin49":1vdmzduu said:
chris98251":1vdmzduu said:
Are their plans to use the current Site of Candlestick for something else? If not rebuild a Stadium there and the Raiders stay in Oakland for a couple years more.

Also this would trigger a partnership with one of the groups that want a LA stadium I would assume, at least discussions, Marc Davis may continue his Fathers legacy of bucking the NFL to get his own venue and Market, I can't see them wanting to be beholding to the S.C. 49ers for anything and watch them brag up the bay area while the Raiders pay to play.

It's going to be demolished and replaced with a big housing project. If the Niners had stated there, they would have worked the stadium into the project. The problem is that the plan would have required construction of the worlds largest parking garage and would have put fans in a construction zone for the better part of a decade. The city then tried to push the naval shipyard, but it has ZERO freeway access and required construction of a bridge

The site isn't viable. That's the reason the 49ers moved to SC to begin with.

Thanks for the response, seems the city is really the ones making the site unusable going forward then. But how have fans got there and parked for decades if there is no access?

Hard to explain...

Picture is better.

The stadium doesn't currently sit on the old naval shipyard. The shipyard was the city's response to 49ers issues with the Candlestick site. The housing being built was how the city wanted to fund their portion of the stadium, IE they were looking to essentially get a free stadium and were even upset at the 49ers for not building it because they thought it lost them an Olympic bid.

Gotta love the city of SF. Always looking for something for nothing.

In addition to no freeway access of any kind and the need to build a bridge (you can see that in the pic below...bridge over Yosemite slough), the shipyard was a toxic waste site. A "Superfund" site. The government was cleaning it up back when they were looking at its viability, but not sure if they finished.

From an esthetics standpoint, it would have been beautiful, Closer to the water than Candlestick and you would be able to see the SF skyline. You can see in the last picture that the design of the stadium was slightly different too...it wasn't open on two ends. It had a large opening on one end so you could see that skyline.

They just couldn't make it work and that was why they moved to SC.

plan.jpg

San_Francisco_Naval_Shipyard_aerial_view_in_May_2010.jpg

49ersAerial.jpg

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
There is no way in hell that the Niners built a third locker room for another NFL team. The Raiders would never move into a stadium which glorifies another team. The third locker room was to accommodate local college and high school teams who will play their games there. If the Niners wanted to truly lure Oakland there then they would have made the stadium much more neutral like the Meadowlands.

Marvin49

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":jekcf6ba said:
There is no way in hell that the Niners built a third locker room for another NFL team. The Raiders would never move into a stadium which glorifies another team. The third locker room was to accommodate local college and high school teams who will play their games there. If the Niners wanted to truly lure Oakland there then they would have made the stadium much more neutral like the Meadowlands.

No, the third locker room (or at least the space for it) was built to accommodate a second NFL team.

A second NFL team was also mentioned in Measure J (the measure voted on by SC residents) and in the SBL (Stadium Builders License) agreement signed by all SBL holders (I know this because I am one).

The locker room is not completely built out with Lockers and such right now, but the space was designed for that purpose and could be quickly repurposed to fit its original intent.

BTW...I don't think the intent was for the 49ers to lure them. I think it was designed that way because Santa Clara wanted it that way. Two teams means more money.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Two teams would mean a lot more money on gameday. From parking to concessions etc. Gotta wonder if the parking garage is gonna be Doubledecker in SC just in case there are a lot of people there for the possible Oak/SF game. Just curious. Thanks for the pic and explanation Marvin.

chris98251

Reaction score
Thanks again Marvin for the updated post, obviously they wanted the current site due to more valued real estate then and were looking to push any cost onto either the 49ers or taxpayers with the access development.

Raiders sharing I think is a push by Roger, I don't see the Yorks or the Davis familys wanting to buddy up really especially after the fact. If they would have been in talks in the beginning maybe, but throwing a bone to the Raiders saying you can play here for a price and that Red and Gold will grow on you isn't really something I think will fly.

I think if anything they go to L.A., they can state we already have a fan base and a footprint there and are just going back to it.

That would really frost Goodells balls also, but they would have a point, especially if they can partner up with one of the developers that have actually got a lot of the pre build aspects done.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":okem6dg1 said:
loafoftatupu":okem6dg1 said:

Um...no.

That simply isn't possible, trust me on this one!

Jville

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3ib2rl0e said:
Marvin49":3ib2rl0e said:
loafoftatupu":3ib2rl0e said:

Um...no.

I can attest to Marvin's assertion. I live just across the border in Southern Oregon. I've seen Raider and 49er immigrants and refugees square off in confrontation with each other. There is real animosity between those two groups ..... they bring their hatred with them. It's intense.

lsheldon

Reaction score
If the Raiders were to have games in SC along with the Ninnies, how would they handle scheduling conflicts on Sunday? There have to be some weeks where both the Raiders and Ninnies have home games. Just doesn't seem to make sense to me.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
lsheldon":3p2jjrqc said:
If the Raiders were to have games in SC along with the Ninnies, how would they handle scheduling conflicts on Sunday? There have to be some weeks where both the Raiders and Ninnies have home games. Just doesn't seem to make sense to me.
The Jets and Giants share a stadium and have little problems....

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Jville":3kw4iiy6 said:
Sports Hernia":3kw4iiy6 said:
Marvin49":3kw4iiy6 said:
loafoftatupu":3kw4iiy6 said:

Um...no.

I can attest to Marvin's assertion. I live just across the border in Southern Oregon. I've seen Raider and 49er immigrants and refugees square off in confrontation with each other. There is real animosity between those two groups ..... they bring their hatred with them. It's intense.
Out of all of the niner fans I've known thru the years, they were fans of both. Whichever was the hotter team is the gear they wore. When I called one group on it all I'd hear is "Bay Area for life!" Followed by the duck lip pose (these were pasty white guys like me, and not gang bangers FWIW) which was strange when they were living up here for years....

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2i7e60pc said:
Marvin49":2i7e60pc said:
loafoftatupu":2i7e60pc said:

Um...no.

Just wait for the stabbing reports after the Oakland San Francisco game. There will be a few. 'Hawks never get that bad.

Marvin49

Reaction score
chris98251":dz7d7pha said:
Thanks again Marvin for the updated post, obviously they wanted the current site due to more valued real estate then and were looking to push any cost onto either the 49ers or taxpayers with the access development.

Raiders sharing I think is a push by Roger, I don't see the Yorks or the Davis familys wanting to buddy up really especially after the fact. If they would have been in talks in the beginning maybe, but throwing a bone to the Raiders saying you can play here for a price and that Red and Gold will grow on you isn't really something I think will fly.

I think if anything they go to L.A., they can state we already have a fan base and a footprint there and are just going back to it.

That would really frost Goodells balls also, but they would have a point, especially if they can partner up with one of the developers that have actually got a lot of the pre build aspects done.

Sadly for Raider fans, I think that's the end game as well. At some point Oakland may have to pick between the Raiders and the A's....and the A's play 81 home games per year.

Raiders are sh*t out of luck. If they had partnered with the 49ers several years ago, this could have been a joint veture, could have been easier to pull off, and would likely not have SF logos plastered all over the building.

They didn't tho...and they have only themselves to blame. I think they'll end up in LA, but I don't think that's gonna happen for a long, long time.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":ynr6qug8 said:
Sports Hernia":ynr6qug8 said:
Marvin49":ynr6qug8 said:
loafoftatupu":ynr6qug8 said:

Um...no.

Just wait for the stabbing reports after the Oakland San Francisco game. There will be a few. 'Hawks never get that bad.

With Seahawks fans, its just a really good rivalry.

With Raider fans, there is genuine violent hate involved. Those peeps be crazy. :D

Marvin49

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":306vrats said:
So there really is potential for another team to occupy that stadium?

Yes. The stadium was designed for 2 teams, the Measure passed by the voters was for possibly a two team stadium, and its covered in the SBL agreements.

It can happen potentially...

...but I don't see it happening. Niners put their heart and soul...and money on the line to get this thing built. No way are they just gonna hand over the keys to the Raiders for anything less than a kings ransom.

No way do I see the Raiders actually paying what the Niners would want in return...especially with Niner logos all over the place, statues of 49er players, "49ers" carved into wood in all the clubs, pictures of 49ers legends on damn near every free surface, red seats and walls, and a 35 foot oval logo of brick and concrete in the main gate.

Can it happen? Yes. Its designed for it. Will it? I highly, highly doubt it. If it does, my guess would be on a temp basis.