49ers draft yet another running back

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I am hoping that Harbs tries to turn Papaki into Joe Montana with all his receiving weapons and neglects the run game altogether.

Going back to the switch at QB, the drafting of whoever that first round receiving bust was, adding Manningham and Moss. Now the Johnson trade after getting Boldin signed again. It is like an itch that he has to scratch. He has visions of passing the ball like he did with the Colts when his team is built more like the Bears team he led.

Marvin49

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":sws0oj5p said:
I am hoping that Harbs tries to turn Papaki into Joe Montana with all his receiving weapons and neglects the run game altogether.

Going back to the switch at QB, the drafting of whoever that first round receiving bust was, adding Manningham and Moss. Now the Johnson trade after getting Boldin signed again. It is like an itch that he has to scratch. He has visions of passing the ball like he did with the Colts when his team is built more like the Bears team he led.

Nah...they will be a run first team.

While you are right that they took a WR high a few years ago and that they just traded for Stevie Johnson...

....they have also drafted RBs every single year.

Dixon, Hunter, James, Lattimore, and Hyde...and they still have Gore.

They also took 2 more massive interior linemen fairly high.

Getting Johnson was for 2 reasons....1, when Crab was hurt last year, teams would double Boldin and nobody else at WR was capable of getting open. They don't want that to happen again. It also protects them from the fact that Crab is in the last year of his contract and Boldin is 33 (or 34?) and on a 2 year deal.

Harbs lives and breathes the power run game. It ain't going anywhere.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Marvin49":cf1xrl5u said:
loafoftatupu":cf1xrl5u said:

While you are right that they took a WR high a few years ago and that they just traded for Stevie Johnson...

Getting Johnson was for 2 reasons....1, when Crab was hurt last year, teams would double Boldin and nobody else at WR was capable of getting open. They don't want that to happen again. It also protects them from the fact that Crab is in the last year of his contract and Boldin is 33 (or 34?) and on a 2 year deal.

I was kidding Marvin. If Harbafreak tried to turn the Niners into a pass first offense it would ruin them. That's why I said I wanted them to try.

But nothing would be more fun than having the Kraeper making a bunch of pass attempts in the SF/SEA games next year. If he is passing a lot it is because the ground game isn't working.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Hyde will be another in a long line of aOSU flops at RB.

Marvin49

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":1gazn7lp said:
Marvin49":1gazn7lp said:
loafoftatupu":1gazn7lp said:

I was kidding Marvin. If Harbafreak tried to turn the Niners into a pass first offense it would ruin them. That's why I said I wanted them to try.

But nothing would be more fun than having the Kraeper making a bunch of pass attempts in the SF/SEA games next year. If he is passing a lot it is because the ground game isn't working.

:)

Marvin49

Reaction score
CPHawk":p05dtbn3 said:
Hyde will be another in a long line of aOSU flops at RB.

I hope you are wrong, but I can't help but notice how often his runs are through massive holes or bounced outside. I think it'll be a battle between Lattimore and Hyde to see who takes that #1 RB role from Frank next year. WHomever wins tho, the other guy will probably see a lot of action.

Latest posts