49ers at Seahawks, the strategies

cymatica

Reaction score
I would run the ball majority of first and second quarter. Geno can just call audibles to adjust in line to move the ball by handing them off in multiple dimensions. We have to control the clock and game. We need 4 to 8 minute drives even if we get only 3 points. The key is to keep the ball away and make our defense not see the field. We absolutely cannot hand them the ball through interceptions or muffed punts. They are super aggressive, we need to slow the game down. We have to keep our defense away from the field and we don’t throw deep unless they are crowding the box. I want Geno to protect the ball and not take sacks. Keep moving the ball in short yards and bootlegs. Don’t play hero ball and try to get extra yards if you made the down and distance. Don’t mass push running backs. On defense, stay on assignment. Don’t shift, don’t take the bait, bull rush the interior lane and play screens without over pursuit. Show some grit and come to play! Get a win
This team has showed they can not dictate things in the run game. The run blocking has been pretty bad throughout the year and it has been boom or bust, lately just bust, which does not indicate a ball control strategy will work at all especially against the best defense in the league.

Their only hope is for Geno to play lights out, allowing the pass to set up the run. That's assuming the oline can protect him. No screen game doesn't help either.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
on offense: pass, pass, pass again. get the ball out quick, use your hurry up offense on occasion, attack all areas of the field, execute. pull out all the stops. only attempt running if the defense backs off and gives you free yards. seahawks offense needs to play like they need to score 250 points. if you get the lead in the second half, keep your foot on the gas.

on defense: stack the line and do everything you can to stop the run. they are a run 1st offense. give them no lanes. on passing downs, frequently blitz the rookie qb. don't let him get into rhythm. let him feel pain, welcome him to the nfl.

Last edited:

Seak

Reaction score
Without sounding like a "Homer" too much here. The Seahawks over the years always have that tendency to win/lose games they shouldn't.
Go Hawks ;)

Seak

Reaction score
Any chance we could park the team bus on the LOS where our DLine would be?
Only if its an Al woods style bus lol
Seahawks at +3.5 though... seems low. Maybe they know something we don't. Could be a closer game then we think

Donn2390

Reaction score
If I'm the 49ers, I would try to become the 1st team since forever to win a game without attempting a single forward pass.

They could, most likely, do it.

It would amp up their team and their fan base for the rest of the season.

It would also be a death blow to the Seahawks psyche for years to come, helping to reduce the threat from a division competitor.
Well, it ain't the pros, but it sure is an interesting story

ZornLargentPatera

Reaction score
At least Deebo Samuel won't be playing. Correct? I hate that guy. You can never get him down. He's like a zombie that just keeps going inexplicably, no matter how many hits he takes. Against our run D? That would have been super painful to watch.

Seak

Reaction score
At least Deebo Samuel won't be playing. Correct? I hate that guy. You can never get him down. He's like a zombie that just keeps going inexplicably, no matter how many hits he takes. Against our run D? That would have been super painful to watch.

Seak

Reaction score
Sorry edit
49ers seems to keep plug and playing everyone lol ( lance, garopollo, limited)
I'm excited for this game , at least in the sense to see if Pete can come up with something on defense to show hes still got it.

rjdriver

Reaction score

If purdy Is out, it is Josh Johnson who was on the Denver ps two weeks ago.

Jacob Eason will be Johnsons backup.

Seattle is traditionally where opposing backup QB's rise from the ashes, resurrect, and experience greatness, if only for 60 min. It's been a part of NFL backup lore for decades, and Lumen field is considered the sacrosanct wellspring amongst all clipboard holders who yearn to be king for a day.

acctingman

Reaction score
I could play QB for the niners on Thursday and still whip the Hawks ass

CouchLogic

Reaction score
CMC is going to embarrass Seattle's "run defense". They may need to strike a deal at a crossroads if they want any chance at getting hands on him.

D

DomeHawk

Employ TE's to compensate for the lack of short game yardage. Draw them in the same way a running game does. Quick hitters. Then, Lockett/DK! Defense? Pray.

cymatica

Reaction score
on defense: stack the line and do everything you can to stop the run. they are a run 1st offense. give them no lanes. on passing downs, frequently blitz the rookie qb. don't let him get into rhythm. let him feel pain, welcome him to the nfl.
We know this won't happen though. They seem to never employ gameplans that involve attacking backup or rookie QBs or even trying to negate a strength. It's always the same "we do what we do", play it safe, as they generate zero pressure and let backups feel comfortable and in rhythm.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
K9 is back, and Purdy is hurt. Surely there’s a way to capitalize on this, but it’s gonna involve a deep passing game plus baiting Purdy to respond otherwise.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
I have this sneaking feeling we whip up on the 49ers, look like world beaters, then finish the season losing out.

Just so as to send the fans down the emo roller coaster one last ride. Just cuz it's sorta that way this year, and not just for our fans.